Options

** reader discretion is totally advised ** ed tour?

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,974
edited April 2009 in The Porch
ok! just wanted to say something and many i know feel the same way & many not the same! yes & yes .. or maybe no. there will be another ed tour and the rumor points to june. but why another ed tour? yet again east coast of the usa?

many say, the new pearl jam record is complete, many say the new pearl jam record is not complete! but many say, they were in the studio so a new record is coming soon real soon! new single will hit the airwaves this summer! too much to take in that .. blow's our mind! :D

which leads to a new tour right? but why the sudden solo tour? when i read & hear that my band is making a new album, reading they are in the studio, new album coming out real soon, that kicks ass! but when i read & hear another ed solo tour (during the time of the making of the new record) don't understand! would rather see ed with his time & heart in the studio kicking out some amazing tracks that will blow my mind once again.

not to rush the new album or anything. i did experience 6 ed solo show's last year. as another rumor goes a pearl jam tour in the fall, which is coming! why not wait till the new record is 100% finished, all polished up, fully complete! then plan a world tour on that? as many countries want a piece of pearl jam, right?

reading all these threads, and it does look like another east coast ed tour, but why not tour outside north america? like a few old theaters in europe; or outdoor theaters there? everybody wants a piece of ed & the band, just saying, with a new album in works, this is what I've been thinking about, and wondering why now.

i don't know. just my opinion on all this!
thanks! :)

D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,575
    edited April 2009
    demetrios wrote:
    ok! just wanted to say something and many i know feel the same way & many not the same! yes & yes .. or maybe no. there will be another ed tour and the rumor points to june. but why another ed tour? yet again east coast of the usa?

many say, the new pearl jam record is complete, many say the new pearl jam record is not complete! but many say, they were in the studio so a new record is coming soon real soon! new single will hit the airwaves this summer! too much to take in that .. blow's our mind! :D

which leads to a new tour right? but why the sudden solo tour? when i read & hear that my band is making a new album, reading they are in the studio, new album coming out real soon, that kicks ass! but when i read & hear another ed solo tour (during the time of the making of the new record) don't understand! would rather see ed with his time & heart in the studio kicking out some amazing tracks that will blow my mind once again.

not to rush the new album or anything. i did experience 6 ed solo show's last year. as another rumor goes a pearl jam tour in the fall, which is coming! why not wait till the new record is 100% finished, all polished up, fully complete! then plan a world tour on that? as many countries want a piece of pearl jam, right?

reading all these threads, and it does look like another east coast ed tour, but why not tour outside north america? like a few old theaters in europe; or outdoor theaters there? everybody wants a piece of ed & the band, just saying, with a new album in works, this is what I've been thinking about, and wondering why now.

i don't know. just my opinion on all this!
    thanks! :)

D

PJ and its' members will NEVER be able to please every single fan, so why bother?!

trust the band to do what's best for the band, and let Ed play some solo shows if he's itching to go out and play some material before PJ goes on tour,...
    Post edited by 100 Pacer on
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    maybe ed just has the itch to play live and the rest of the band - and the new album - aren';t ready quite yet? he's been doing, and has more coming up...charitable/collective gigs, but just ed....so perhaps he enjoyed it so much before...going for more? as for the new album, i'd rather wait, have it totally *perfected*...them have time to really get it together, practice, decide their tour itinerary, etc...and go for a fall/winter tour. i DO hope they hit up the east coast.....but i am sure for the west/south/oz or SA....fall/winter is great weather for em there. i will just say once more...NYC is spectacular in the auntumn!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Yeah good point there, he did both sides of USA and it's strange if he does announce a 3rd USA leg too, he is going to play the south? ;)

I guess our questions will be answered within 24 hours or so.
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    i would think the album would be done by june regardless if ed tours or not if they are planning a fall tour/release.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    How about this crazy idea, they are booked as Ed solo shows, but in actuality they are full Pearl Jam shows playing the new songs? :shock:

Imagine the shitstorm on the board then! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    PJ and its' members will NEVER be able to please every single fan, so why bother?!

it just doesn't make any sense! i mean, if there wasn't any word about a new pearl jam record in the works, no studio time etc.. tour away right. but reading all these threads, websites, mags etc.. that they are in the studio, you're just pumped to put the headphones on and get lost to the sound of pearl jam, then take those headphones off and enjoy a live show by them. argh .. hopefully i can count sheep tonight! :(
  • Options
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    How about this crazy idea, they are booked as Ed solo shows, but in actuality they are full Pearl Jam shows playing the new songs? :shock:

i would freak the fuck out man!! :shock:
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,938
    It make me nervous, i hope everything is going well with the band, i want to see my boys together like the rolling stones (even thou matt doesn't like the idea)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,575
    edited April 2009
    demetrios wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

it just doesn't make any sense! i mean, if there wasn't any word about a new pearl jam record in the works, no studio time etc.. tour away right. but reading all these threads, websites, mags etc.. that they are in the studio, you're just pumped to put the headphones on and get lost to the sound of pearl jam, then take those headphones off and enjoy a live show by them. argh .. hopefully i can count sheep tonight! :(

as i elaborated in my previous post, the band knows what it's doing as does Ed. no doubt the record, while perhaps not entirely finished (whether in the recording, mixing, tracking process etc.), will be ready for release before the year is out as Mike indicated last month. in all likelihood, the record will be released before the band tours later this year. as for Ed touring, if he feels like playing some solo shows before hitting the road with PJ, why not? it's all about perspective,...
    Post edited by 100 Pacer on
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    it does make sense if you like at it as....ed wants to go and play live. perhaps his schedule is more open/free right now...probably a lot quicker/easier to book his smaller solo gigs than the logistics of a full band tour, besides which, even if the recording of the album may be done...that's not the whole story, so i too would forsee at the earliest, late summer release, tour to follow. the man wants to go out and PLAY! 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Not another one of these posts. I remember before the west coast tour there were many, many people on here suggesting the same thing. If the shows are sold as Ed solo shows, they will be Ed solo shows.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:

i would freak the fuck out man!! :shock:

+1 :o a few solo songs and then " i invited a few friends..." then PJ play a 2 hours acosutic show :D
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Not another one of these posts. I remember before the west coast tour there were many, many people on here suggesting the same thing. If the shows are sold as Ed solo shows, they will be Ed solo shows.

true.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

as i elaborated in my previous post, the band knows what it's doing as does Ed. no doubt the record, while perhaps not entirely finished (whether in the recording, mixing, tracking process etc.), will be ready for release before the year is out as Mike indicated last month. in all likelihood, the record will be released before the band tours later this year. as for Ed touring, if he feels playing some solo shows before hitting the road with PJ, why not? it's all about perspective,...

of course! i'm a fan, i love pearl jam; they are my life & blood!
    i just fine this weird. that's all. just my opinion on all this!

:oops:
  • Options
    I don't want to start anything major, but it seems to me that Neil Young just released an album today (amazing by the way), and that his tour ends the end of this month. Now he is going to have to promote this album correct? I mean he was here in MA in December, but the record just came out....I guess what I'm getting at is, what's the possibility of an Eddie Vedder/Neil Young concert?
  • Options
    it does make sense if you like at it as....ed wants to go and play live. perhaps his schedule is more open/free right now...probably a lot quicker/easier to book his smaller solo gigs than the logistics of a full band tour, besides which, even if the recording of the album may be done...that's not the whole story, so i too would forsee at the earliest, late summer release, tour to follow. the man wants to go out and PLAY! 8-)

it's cool. i don't have a waving fist in front of ed telling him not to play. :lol:
  • Options
    I don't want to start anything major, but it seems to me that Neil Young just released an album today (amazing by the way), and that his tour ends the end of this month. Now he is going to have to promote this album correct? I mean he was here in MA in December, but the record just came out....I guess what I'm getting at is, what's the possibility of an Eddie Vedder/Neil Young concert?

i'm seeing neil young this friday at the halifax metro centre. :)
    if ed flyings in for a few tracks, .. .. .. oh mama!!! :shock:
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    I want to know why you saw 6 Ed shows? He didn't vary the set at all and you essentially took tickets from those who couldn't get any.
    Full disclosure: I got my tickets and saw him up in Morningside Heights/Harlem and it was fantastic but I wouldn't want to go more than once.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I BrisK I wrote:
    leg too, he is going to play the south? ;)

Now thatwould be music to my ears! :mrgreen:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    smithnic wrote:
    I want to know why you saw 6 Ed shows? He didn't vary the set at all and you essentially took tickets from those who couldn't get any.
    Full disclosure: I got my tickets and saw him up in Morningside Heights/Harlem and it was fantastic but I wouldn't want to go more than once.

thus the one pair only limit this time round.....excellent! still will be TOUGH to score a piar, but it will definitely help.

and thank you once again....my ed solo savior. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:

I'm just messing around, I don't really believe that would happen! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    smithnic wrote:

i ran & organized 4 wishlist foundation parties on my own for montreal 1, montreal 2, toronto 1 & toronto 2. i live close to these cities. it's a 6/49 lottery to see ed & pearl jam come to canada.

plus the santa barbara & la 1 show's, i got hooked up by relatives in los angeles, ca. if it wasn't for them, i wouldn't of gone to the west coast.
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    smithnic wrote:

thus the one pair only limit this time round.....excellent! still will be TOUGH to score a piar, but it will definitely help.

and thank you once again....my ed solo savior. :D

cheers
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    ??? I am excited to see EV again...HOPEFULLY...and HOPEFULLY in Philly...Why should I give a shit about other areas??? It is my money or his money or her money, wherever it is...and the East Coast is a GREAT place to go...PERSONALLY, The Ed solo shows were some of my favorite concerts I have ever seen, so I can only hope that he is coming to Philly...
  • Options
    luv-ed91luv-ed91 Posts: 215
    I'm SOOOOO STOKED that he's doing a solo - the closest he came to my neck of the woods was DC - & that was a 7-8 hour drive. Needless to say, I missed all the solo tours last year. So I CAN'T WAIT - hopefully he'll come south so we can get a piece of what you other guys got to experience last year :D:D:D
    -- If I had known then, what I know now . . .

8/31/98 - Raleigh
    8/4/00 - Charlotte
    4/16/03 - Charlotte
    10/6/04 - Asheville
    6/16/08 - Columbia
    6/20/09 - EV Memphis
  • Options
    d'oh! :oops:

shouldn't of posted this! it's just how i feel about this.
    sorry! :(

*places headphones, lies on sofa, spinning binaural!
  • Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    We're looking at Baltimore, possibly 2 dates at the Tower in Philly and no doubt other NE markets, Boston, NYC, but you gotta figure the stops might look like the '08 PJ tour, maybe FL thru MA?
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options
    luv-ed91luv-ed91 Posts: 215
    demetrios wrote:
    d'oh! :oops:

shouldn't of posted this! it's just how i feel about this.
    sorry! :(

*places headphones, lies on sofa, spinning binaural!

;) No worries, D - you are entitled to your express your opinions - that's what free speech is about. But we really want Ed down south BAD!!! :mrgreen:
    -- If I had known then, what I know now . . .

8/31/98 - Raleigh
    8/4/00 - Charlotte
    4/16/03 - Charlotte
    10/6/04 - Asheville
    6/16/08 - Columbia
    6/20/09 - EV Memphis
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    demetrios wrote:

Everything I've read indicates Ed has pretty much zero interest in PJ at this point, let alone the new album. All these articles the rest of the band is hanging out and writing, and Ed is off somewhere else playing shows and occasionally adding lyrics to demos. This album is so far from done it's ridiculous to think we'll hear anything this summer. I'd be shocked if we hear anything in 2009. If they can't even get their singer to join them in the studio, this band is on its last legs.
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    demetrios wrote:

Everything I've read indicates Ed has pretty much zero interest in PJ at this point, let alone the new album. All these articles the rest of the band is hanging out and writing, and Ed is off somewhere else playing shows and occasionally adding lyrics to demos. This album is so far from done it's ridiculous to think we'll hear anything this summer. I'd be shocked if we hear anything in 2009. If they can't even get their singer to join them in the studio, this band is on its last legs.

Wondered how long it would take for this rumour to start.
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>