Options

ACL, Pearl Jam

KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
edited April 2009 in The Porch
If ACL announces PJ this month officially before 10C lets us know...is that par for the course?

Having attended ACL and knowing some sources confirming this (including the director of the festival) that PJ are good to go...should I feel let down by 10C?

I guess this could be one big rumor, but if it turns out not to be, it would be nice to know for hotel reservations, ticket grabs, etc.

Thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Kingmidget wrote:
    If ACL announces PJ this month officially before 10C lets us know...is that par for the course?

Having attended ACL and knowing some sources confirming this (including the director of the festival) that PJ are good to go...should I feel let down by 10C?

I guess this could be one big rumor, but if it turns out not to be, it would be nice to know for hotel reservations, ticket grabs, etc.

Thoughts?

When is the official line up announcement? Do you know?
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,543
    Kingmidget wrote:

Thoughts?

When is the official line up announcement? Do you know?

April 15th, if i'm not mistaken,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I think there are plenty of reasons to be slightly upset about PJ's announcement policy..... but I think allowing the festival to be the one to announce is not one of them.

I'm sure that is just proper procedure. Let the Festival have the honor of making the announcement.
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    if you feel let down by tenc, well that's entirely up to you...remember there was absolutely no word from tenc re the beacon show and a lot of people bitched.

...they do their best to bring us info, but just cause we pay $20 or $25 now for membership, some of us feel like they owe us something... its nothing personal
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Usually the announcements come simultaneous...for example..

Muse was announced as the opener for U2 by the venue website but nothing was announced by the bands until the morning of the pre-sale..the announcement posted on both websites simultaneously
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    if you feel let down by tenc, well that's entirely up to you...remember there was absolutely no word from tenc re the beacon show and a lot of people bitched.

...they do their best to bring us info, but just cause we pay $20 or $25 now for membership, some of us feel like they owe us something... its nothing personal

I know its not personal...but you did not answwer my question..if I'm a member of the 10C then I think we should know "up front" If you don't agree so be it.
  • Options
    Kingmidget wrote:

I know its not personal...but you did not answwer my question..if I'm a member of the 10C then I think we should know "up front" If you don't agree so be it.

phone the 10C right now, tell them you think you deserve to have ACL and/or tour details "up front" as an active 10C member and see what they tell you,...

;)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571
    It was posted on the ACL web site that the lineup will be out April 28. Take it for what it's worth. If its like last year, ACL will drop some clues in a crossword puzzle or something prior to the lineup being formally announced

end of page:
    http://www.austincitylimits.com/forum/t ... 31&mpage=4
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Super advance notice would be awesome, for example when the rumor started tickets to Austin from Miami were $127 round trip and now they are $211 the cheapest.
    But on the other hand this is not a Pearl Jam show and I’m sure there are certain rules the bands that are to play at the festival have to follow for example not disclosing that they are confirmed before the actual festival announced the line-up… that makes perfect sense to me and I don’t think the 10C can be blamed for not making an announcement…
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Fairly common for festivals to announce the acts first, followed by a gap between festival announcement and the band's announcement of side shows near where the festival is taking place.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Kingmidget wrote:

phone the 10C right now, tell them you think you deserve to have ACL and/or tour details "up front" as an active 10C member and see what they tell you,...

;)

As a 10C member I deserve EVERYTHING! You should know that....this board is so funny...ask few questions and WAM.....target boy. Thankfuly I don't give a shit.
  • Options
    Super advance notice would be awesome, for example when the rumor started tickets to Austin from Miami were $127 round trip and now they are $211 the cheapest.
    But on the other hand this is not a Pearl Jam show and I’m sure there are certain rules the bands that are to play at the festival have to follow for example not disclosing that they are confirmed before the actual festival announced the line-up… that makes perfect sense to me and I don’t think the 10C can be blamed for not making an announcement…

Good points... lets hope! :)
  • Options
    Hinn wrote:
    Fairly common for festivals to announce the acts first, followed by a gap between festival announcement and the band's announcement of side shows near where the festival is taking place.

Thanks...all I wanted to know...hopefully we'll hear somethimg fairly soon. KM
  • Options
    Kingmidget wrote:

Well its wrong to think that just cause you pay membership fees they owe you info up front... they try their best to keep us informed, but know that they dont owe anyone anything... ive been in the 10c for 12 years now and its always been this way
  • Options
    Well its wrong to think that just cause you pay membership fees they owe you info up front... they try their best to keep us informed, but know that they dont owe anyone anything... ive been in the 10c for 12 years now and its always been this way[/quote]

They aren't trying hard enough...compared to other fan clubs. Then again other fan clubs don't have to deal with Ed, Stone, Matt, Jeff, and Matt......has to make it a little more "complex". So be it.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,587
    This is the first year I didn't buy tickets early and I'm hoping they don't announce it until I buy one on April 7th. After the lineup is accounced they go fast, especially one day passes.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,302
    Hinn wrote:

yes. in fact, i don't think the band can legally announce they are part of a festival if the festival hasn't announced it yet. note the recent phish and dead tour announcements. neither had festival listings in the original announcement, but once the actual festivals announced the lineups, then the bands added them as well.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    but just cause we pay $20 or $25 now for membership, some of us feel like they owe us something... its nothing personal

lol. For precisely that reason they do owe us something. Several things.

I understand that they aren't allowed to announce festival appearances in advance (although Metallica let Metclub members know about Bonnaroo ahead of time) there is no excuse for them announcing everything else so late.
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Wilds wrote:
    I think there are plenty of reasons to be slightly upset about PJ's announcement policy..... but I think allowing the festival to be the one to announce is not one of them.

I'm sure that is just proper procedure. Let the Festival have the honor of making the announcement.
    Agree 100%. For festivals, you cannot have the band stealing the thunder and ruining the big mass lineup announcement by letting the cat out of the bag via their fan club.

The festival HAS TO be the one to make this announcement.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    but just cause we pay $20 or $25 now for membership, some of us feel like they owe us something... its nothing personal

lol. For precisely that reason they do owe us something. Several things.

I understand that they aren't allowed to announce festival appearances in advance (although Metallica let Metclub members know about Bonnaroo ahead of time) there is no excuse for them announcing everything else so late.

yes they do owe us what they say:

-to the best of their ability they will try to get us tickets (though cannot be guaranteed)
    - our annual easter/passover '45 single
    -state of the art websites that dont crash upon ticket sale days
    -to the best of their ability they will try to bring us the tour info (though cannot be guaranteed)
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Plus, if any of you have checked, neither DMB or the Beastie Boys have announced they are playing it either yet. So its not like every band that is playing except Pearl Jam has been announced.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Kingmidget wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Kingmidget wrote:

;)

As a 10C member I deserve EVERYTHING!
    You should know that....this board is so funny...ask few questions and WAM.....target boy. Thankfuly I don't give a shit.

:roll:

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    ComeToTX wrote:
    This is the first year I didn't buy tickets early and I'm hoping they don't announce it until I buy one on April 7th. After the lineup is accounced they go fast, especially one day passes.

Same here. we're buying ours 1st thing on 4/7. we've gotten the 3 day passes the last 2 years and haven't been let down by this festival. it's always fun, the food's great & the lineup is always really diverse.

also---i just checked on hotels.com for rates. there are some really good deals on there---and they don't require a deposit. so my advice is to grab one of those cheap rooms while you can. and if you have to book a little further North (Round Rock), the drive isn't bad at all. we stayed in RR last year & it took us 15-25 minutes tops to get to the parking area.

man, i hope this rumor is true!! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    just a reminder to everyone that the earlybird tix go on sale tomorrow!! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    mfc2006 wrote:
    I thought someone on here already posted that they were sold out??????
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    I thought someone on here already posted that they were sold out??????

what?? no way they've sold out.

http://www.aclfestival.com/tickets.aspx
    it's right at the top of the page
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edoconedocon Posts: 308
    If Pearl Jam is in fact playing ACL, do you think that they will most likely play the Saturday night?
  • Options
    someday wrote:
    If Pearl Jam is in fact playing ACL, do you think that they will most likely play the Saturday night?

my guess would be Sat or Sunday. unfortunately, we'll have to wait & see once the lineup is announced. i'm buying my tix first thing in the morning, though! even if PJ doesn't play, ACL is a blast. can't wait! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    marcPJfanmarcPJfan Austin, TX Posts: 802
    Who's buying tickets in an hour? :D
    09/16/95, 09/16/96, 06/29/98, 07/02/98, 07/05/98, 09/08/98, 09/10/98, 09/11/98, 09/18/98, 09/19/98, 06/13/99, 10/30/99, 10/31/99, 05/29/00, 05/30/00, 10/14/00, 10/17/00, 10/18/00, 11/05/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/06/02, 04/05/03, 04/06/03, 06/09/03, 10/22/03, 09/24/04, 05/12/06, 05/13/06, 05/27/06, 05/28/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 06/11/08, 06/12/08, 08/01/08, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 10/04/09, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/06/10, 05/07/10, 07/02/11, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 10/23/11, 11/15/13, 11/16/13, 10/19/14, 10/25/14, 10/26/14, 11/28/15, 04/23/16, 08/05/16, 08/07/16, 09/09/17, 08/18/18, 09/02/18, 09/04/18, 10/01/21, 10/02/21, 05/06/22, 05/07/22, 05/12/22, 05/13/22, 08/31/23, 09/02/23, 09/13/23, 09/15/23, 09/18/23, 09/19/23
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    i dont get it....some people say Tenc try their best to give us news first....

How can they not know the information before anyone else if they are that close to the band?

I understand if they are not allowed to announce certain dates etc for contractual reasons, but for those up the tenc's arse's take a reality check when you blindly say 'they do their best' to bring us the news first....as I'm pretty damn sure they should always have the news first and therefore where allowed wouldnt haveto try that hard in giving it out to us first.