Broncos trade Jay Cutler to the Bears

2»

Comments

• Cutler sure was acting like quite the baby about the whole trade situatition, how's he going to handle the windy city? especially the night life?
    walk the bridges,.......before you burn them down
  • gobrowns19 wrote:
    Just looking at the past 13 years of 1st round picks by Chicago I think it's wise of them to trade for a "proven" qb.
    2008 Chris Williams
    2007 Greg Olsen
    2006 Cedric Benson
    2005 Tommie Harris
    2004 Michael Haynes
    2003 Rex Grossman
    2002 Marc Colombo
    2001 David Terrell
    2000 Brian Urlacher
    1999 Cade McNown
    1998 Curtis Enis
    1997 Walt Harris
    1996 Rashaan Salaam

Though there is evidence of some solid defensive picks the offensive selections are horrid. How long did the Bears play the "wait and see" game with Rex??? I keep hearing on ESPN radio that the Bears gave up too much and I think it's ridiculous. On paper--sure easy to say they gave up too much. In reality, when you start looking at their talent for picking first rounders they probably aught to trade them away most years.

Wow, seeing this makes me feel a lot less worse than I originally felt from the Browns many busted 1st rounders.
    Browns suck...................................I should know, been a fan for 30 years. contaplating not getting season tickets this year.
    walk the bridges,.......before you burn them down
  • gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    Just looking at the past 13 years of 1st round picks by Chicago I think it's wise of them to trade for a "proven" qb.
    2008 Chris Williams
    2007 Greg Olsen
    2006 Cedric Benson
    2005 Tommie Harris
    2004 Michael Haynes
    2003 Rex Grossman
    2002 Marc Colombo
    2001 David Terrell
    2000 Brian Urlacher
    1999 Cade McNown
    1998 Curtis Enis
    1997 Walt Harris
    1996 Rashaan Salaam

Though there is evidence of some solid defensive picks the offensive selections are horrid. How long did the Bears play the "wait and see" game with Rex??? I keep hearing on ESPN radio that the Bears gave up too much and I think it's ridiculous. On paper--sure easy to say they gave up too much. In reality, when you start looking at their talent for picking first rounders they probably aught to trade them away most years.

Wow, seeing this makes me feel a lot less worse than I originally felt from the Browns many busted 1st rounders.
    Browns suck...................................I should know, been a fan for 30 years. contaplating not getting season tickets this year.

I'm almost feeling lately our Browns aren't the same franchise from before the move.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Jay is our quarterback :)

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Well congrats on FINALLY getting a QB. :lol:
  • mrveddersonmrvedderson Posts: 784
    it just proves that the bears knew they needed a qb to win the super bowl, look for them there this year. cutler and hester? pshhhh, catch em if you can
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    it just proves that the bears knew they needed a qb to win the super bowl, look for them there this year. cutler and hester? pshhhh, catch em if you can

listening to 670am yesterday you bear fans sounded so happy. good for you.
  • GD124635GD124635 Posts: 90
    Bummed in Broncoland!!!!!!

Orton and Simms give me a fucking break. Simms shouldn't have started at UT over Major Applewhite and my granny can throw farther than Kyle Neckbeard Orton. :cry:
  • GD124635 wrote:
    Bummed in Broncoland!!!!!!

Orton and Simms give me a fucking break. Simms shouldn't have started at UT over Major Applewhite and my granny can throw farther than Kyle Neckbeard Orton. :cry:

I hope for your sake the Broncos don't do what the Bears did with Orton: keep him around long enough to keep trying him as a starter only to realize he is not a starter! I love the trade for the Bears, as far as the Broncos are concerned, I'm sure this would have never happened if Shanahan was around.
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • gobrowns19 wrote:
    2008 Chris Williams
    2007 Greg Olsen
    2006 Cedric Benson
    2005 Tommie Harris
    2004 Michael Haynes
    2003 Rex Grossman
    2002 Marc Colombo
    2001 David Terrell
    2000 Brian Urlacher
    1999 Cade McNown
    1998 Curtis Enis
    1997 Walt Harris
    1996 Rashaan Salaam

Seeing this should make others feel better, or as you put it, less worse about "their" team's draft picks.
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    :?