Options

vedder plays in baltimore june 15

Comments

• Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Charm City is a good time, you just need to know where to go
    That was exactly where we went wrong. It all started when we left our hotel and had a few hours to kill before the game. We decided to go left instead of right and ended up in the shadiest area of town for sure.

It was all downhill from there. We even stopped to ask a police officer for directions to a bar at one point after the game and he laughed at us for actually walking where we were at night...

That's Baltimore, two blocks one way you are in a great area with fun bars and restaurants, two blocks the other way and you are hanging with Omar in an episode of "the Wire'.

haha that is totally spot on.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I never knew how I would feel if Ed would go solo separate from Pearl Jam.

I went to the Washington I show expecting it to be really cool, but not nearly as good as a PJ show.

It was a religeous experience.
  • Options
    like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    MayDay10 wrote:

I went to the Washington I show expecting it to be really cool, but not nearly as good as a PJ show.

It was pretty phenomenal, but if i had to choose, I'd pick PJ over EV solo in heartbeat. Less than a heartbeat actually.
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    MayDay10 wrote:

It was pretty phenomenal, but if i had to choose, I'd pick PJ over EV solo in heartbeat. Less than a heartbeat actually.
    yea no question...but the solo show is pretty special
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    LukinFan wrote:
    Ticketbastard pulled the show link :evil:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?tm_l ... search.y=0

It's still on Ticketmaster Canada...

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/Eddie-Vedder ... st/1197361
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    yea no question...but the solo show is pretty special
    Yeah - the solo shows are amazing. The crowd sucks, but the show is great. But I'd go PJ everytime - you get a much nicer mix of songs between shows and obviously its just so much more with a full band.

That said- Liam + Eddie was a dream ticket for me...
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    uglybabo wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

but they did pull the 14th show- it was up yesterday on the CA site
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    Not to get anyone's hopes up, but I believe this is true. I've seen this kind of thing happen before with TicketMaster: a phantom show appears on the website, disappears, then reappears (sometimes with other shows) a few days later... usually following some sort of official announcement. Like I said, I'm not trying to get anyone all worked up, but this sounds legit. Usually, if a show pops up on the TM website, it's there for a reason.

And who knows? Maybe it's only a one-off gig for charity or something. How awesome for the folks in the Baltimore area!
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    would it be insane of me to book a hotel?
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    mjb wrote:
    I'd wait- maybe he will be coming closer to you on the tour. Then again, you could just cancel it
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    i got idi got id Posts: 862
    mjb wrote:

Yes....it's very easy to find a hotel in Baltimore....
  • Options
    Ed is doing Balitmore to make up for the shit crowd at the DC show last Summer....

....I was friggin pissed at the looney tunes in the crowd....
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,540
    3days wrote:
    Not to get anyone's hopes up, but I believe this is true. I've seen this kind of thing happen before with TicketMaster: a phantom show appears on the website, disappears, then reappears (sometimes with other shows) a few days later... usually following some sort of official announcement. Like I said, I'm not trying to get anyone all worked up, but this sounds legit. Usually, if a show pops up on the TM website, it's there for a reason.

And who knows? Maybe it's only a one-off gig for charity or something. How awesome for the folks in the Baltimore area!

we'll soon be seeing more listings for other shows on this eV tour, after all Philadelphia is near by,...

8-)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Is this a cruel April Fool's joke?
    uglybabo wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

It's been pulled from the database when you click on "more info". "Sorry, this event no longer exists."
  • Options
    i got idi got id Posts: 862
    Ed is doing Balitmore to make up for the shit crowd at the DC show last Summer....

....I was friggin pissed at the looney tunes in the crowd....

hahah, I wish it was only DC, but every crowd was obnoxious for his solo shows....
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i keep reading about bad fans
    i was at NY1 and i enjoyed the atmosphere
    2 chicks stood up and danced once and that lasted about 2 seconds cause they were berated

dunno..maybe i just got lost in my own lil awesome world and didnt really notice my surroundings

i now leave to catch my plane to nyc to check out ed's charity gig this weekend..
    off i go :D
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    3days wrote:

How awesome for the folks in Baltimore area? Do you not know how rabid this fanbase is? People from all over the country will compete for those tickets! I know I will! :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    How awesome for the folks in Baltimore area? Do you not know how rabid this fanbase is? People from all over the country will compete for those tickets! I know I will! :D

Hopefully there will be shows closer to your area, for your sake, and mine. :)
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    100 Pacer wrote:

we'll soon be seeing more listings for other shows on this eV tour, after all Philadelphia is near by,...

8-)
    This is what I've been trying to tell them!!
    It's hardly a one-off, because that is as crazy as it sounds.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    How awesome for the folks in Baltimore area? Do you not know how rabid this fanbase is? People from all over the country will compete for those tickets! I know I will!

I just meant it's awesome that EV is doing a show in their neck of the woods. I am a long time PJ fan, so yeah, I appreciate that some people will travel from afar to see these shows. Unfortunately, I am currently unable to hop a plane and skip town for a few days in June, SO I would assess that the unofficial announcement of these shows represents something more awesome for them, than for me.
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    People....the solo shows were MONTHS ago. Can you please stop crying about how bad the crowds were???
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Is this true or not?
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Is this true or not?

it's true that yesterday there was a show listed in Baltimore for june 15th....the rest is the typical craziness :mrgreen:
  • Options

I hope you're right, and I suspect that you probably are. But let's be honest here, nobody, except for the people somehow involved, has the foggiest idea whether this hardly is or hardly isn't a one-off. Pearl Jam and EV have done shows in the past that were limited to one area, with no other shows preceeding or following. So, why would a one-off sound crazy. It may not be what you want to hear, but it's not crazy.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,540
    3days wrote:

I hope you're right, and I suspect that you probably are. But let's be honest here, nobody, except for the people somehow involved, has the foggiest idea whether this hardly is or hardly isn't a one-off. Pearl Jam and EV have done shows in the past that were limited to one area, with no other shows preceeding or following. So, why would a one-off sound crazy. It may not be what you want to hear, but it's not crazy.

suggesting PJ/eV would limit themselves to a specific area or region is fair. more to the point, there's a difference between eV playing a charity event at any given city and eV hitting the road for solo performances, where while not "crazy" it's safe to say that it wouldn't be realistic for eV to have his crew fly out across the country and have his gear driven across the country for simply 2 dates in Baltimore and as such it's more realistic to assume additional shows are taking place given the logistics undertaken by all involved,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    ValleyGalValleyGal Posts: 122
    100 Pacer wrote:
    suggesting PJ/eV would limit themselves to a specific area or region is fair. more to the point, there's a difference between eV playing a charity event at any given city and eV hitting the road for solo performances, where while not "crazy" it's safe to say that it wouldn't be realistic for eV to have his crew fly out across the country and have his gear driven across the country for simply 2 dates in Baltimore and as such it's more realistic to assume additional shows are taking place given the logistics undertaken by all involved,...

That sounds like a pretty fair assumption.
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    100 Pacer wrote:

Thank you. That is what I meant. I assumed "one-off" to be defined by a single show, or single city.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    Considering the fact that this piece of information has been up for two days in several different threads, it seems likely that it is not false information or it would have been taken down by now.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    justam wrote:
    Considering the fact that this piece of information has been up for two days in several different threads, it seems likely that it is not false information or it would have been taken down by now.

I agree. This is a true date, at least as true as things can be when planning your life. One hopes for the best.

It's a blessing and a curse for local fans that this was the first show date to leak. There's no home court advantage. Fans will fly from from all over the world to see him play. But it's a nice thing for Charm City. I'm really happy for this town. That's the blessing. I think it's so cool he's coming here, even if I don't get a ticket. And two nights maybe? How nice is that!

I hope he checks out the ballpark. : )

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    suggesting PJ/eV would limit themselves to a specific area or region is fair.
    That's not what I meant... I'm not not talking about a costal tour, or playing some general region of the country. I should have clarified that I was talking about the same state or town or venue.
    100 Pacer wrote:
    more to the point, there's a difference between eV playing a charity event at any given city ,
    Which has happened quite a few times: PJ playing Seattle only shows in '02, EV playing at the benefit that Flea hosted not so long ago, EV playing with C-Average for a few scattered dates in '99... etc.
    100 Pacer wrote:
    and eV hitting the road for solo performances,
    Which we have no guarantee YET that these Baltimore shows are part of a solo tour. It could possibly be a charity gig. It's definitely not unheard of for EV or PJ to do a single show, or a couple shows for a worthy cause... Bridge School, Northwest School, Tibetan Freedom, Easy Street Records... etc.
    100 Pacer wrote:
    where while not "crazy" it's safe to say that it wouldn't be realistic for eV to have his crew fly out across the country and have his gear driven across the country for simply 2 dates in Baltimore
    Why wouldn't that be realistic? EV and PJ have done it plenty of times before (see above), so what reason do we have to believe that the Baltimore shows aren't for charity? I'm not saying that this isn't a solo tour... I'm just saying that we don't really know. Based on the band having a history of playing one or two-off shows for charites and benefits, I'd say it is a very realistic possibility that the Baltimore shows could be charity gigs.

That being said, I do think and hope that there will be more shows.