Options

Ed in the 'Pearl Jam Movie'

mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
edited April 2009 in The Porch

Comments

• Options
    melva02melva02 Posts: 298
    In the first one, the hair, yes I'll give you that. The face, I'd call that more a cross between a fat Tom Hanks and a skinny Dan Goodman.

Melissa
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    Russel Crowe is an ugly old guy.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    The funny thing is, for all this talk about Russell playing Ed, I'd have to imagine that these two are just about as far apart as you can get personality wise. Guess that's why it pays to be a good actor...
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    The funny thing is, for all this talk about Russell playing Ed, I'd have to imagine that these two are just about as far apart as you can get personality wise. Guess that's why it pays to be a good actor...

Yeah, personality wise but I don't think you could find anyone who looks that similar.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, personality wise but I don't think you could find anyone who looks that similar.

Jeff Bridges comes close... and I was an extra in a Jeff Bridges movie, so he gets my vote
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    mca47 wrote:

No way! Crowe has squinty eyes and thin lips and is twice the size of Eddie! :roll:
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:

They're actually the same age but Ed is in much better shape. Here's a recent photo of Crowe in Sydney.

russell_crowe300.jpg
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902

Ed and Russel would kick back beers together if they haven't already. Please...
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I don't like the idea of Russell Crowe playing Ed. I suggest Johnny Depp to play the part if a movie was to ever be made. I know Johnny and Ed don't really look alike but Johnny Depp is an awesome actor and can play any part and could be made up to look like Ed. Plus Johnny and Ed are two of the hottest guys ever! :oops:
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Russell Crowe is fat and ugly and I would not watch the movie if that was ever to be the case.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    bonebone Posts: 498
    I personally think Henry Ian Cusick is the actor that most looks like Vedder, but my wife doesn't see it.
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • Options
    absabs Posts: 13
    bone wrote:
    I personally think Henry Ian Cusick is the actor that most looks like Vedder, but my wife doesn't see it.

I see it :)

henry_ian_cusick1.jpg
    push me and I will resist... this behaviors not unique
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i've had this conversation before with a buddy
    crowe wins for current ed but depp can play early 90's ed

i gotta get a life
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    mca47 wrote:

Jeff Bridges comes close... and I was an extra in a Jeff Bridges movie, so he gets my vote

the three of them do have striking resemblance, and love em all for differing reasons! age-wise and looks-wise, i think crowe and vedder are the most similar, and thus crowe would be the right man for the job imo.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    How about this guy?

I had never seen these pictures:
    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm156735232/nm0891641
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    How about this guy?

I had never seen these pictures:
    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm156735232/nm0891641
    "gonna have to put my trucker hat on for this one"
  • Options
    cordurologycordurology Posts: 226
    I've always thought of Norm MacDonald as Eddie when this subject comes up..

norm-FTR3A.jpg
    Lex 03, Gorge 05, Cincy 06
  • Options

norm-FTR3A.jpg

Yeah, Norm kinda has a similar face. Not sure if he could pull of the hair...or the singing for that matter in a movie.

Russel Crowe is in a band and does sing (good or bad). I'm also certain he gained weight for the movie that is coming out.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    mca47 wrote:

me and my wife had to do a triple take when we saw the preview to this movie...he definitely would play Ed hands down
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208

No wonder our movies are shit when we discuss who deserves a given role and it's based solely on their looks without regard for talent. Norm MacDonald couldn't act like himself in a movie, I'd hate to see him trying to do justice to a movie about PJ.

What's with all the Russell Crowe hate? The guy is unarguably one of the most talented actors of our generation. He'd do a fantastic job playing Ed too I think, he has the same brooding presence. Just as Val Kilmer nailed Jim Morrison.

With today's make up and effects, they can make anyone look like Ed. So I think acting merit is a helluva lot more important than a passing resemblance to Ed.
  • Options
    cordurologycordurology Posts: 226

No wonder our movies are shit when we discuss who deserves a given role and it's based solely on their looks without regard for talent. Norm MacDonald couldn't act like himself in a movie, I'd hate to see him trying to do justice to a movie about PJ.

Easy tiger.. I was basing that on appearance only. Lighten up.
    Lex 03, Gorge 05, Cincy 06
  • Options
    if ur goin just talent i want daniel day lewis
  • Options

What's with all the Russell Crowe hate? The guy is unarguably one of the most talented actors of our generation. He'd do a fantastic job playing Ed too I think, he has the same brooding presence. Just as Val Kilmer nailed Jim Morrison.

Agreed. While Russel Crowe might be a complete asshole as a person, he's one hell of an actor!
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208

I know. I'm just saying, everyone seems to be considering this question from all the wrong angles. It's not just you. And I still don't get what people have against Russell Crowe.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    SOLAT319 wrote:

+1

only the hair resembles Ed IMO
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    abs wrote:
    bone wrote:

I see it :)

henry_ian_cusick1.jpg

Nah.. this guy's got brown eyes.. Ed's are blue. Also his nose is bigger.
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    If such a movie should ever be made, I think Sean Penn should get the nod to play Ed. From this picture:
    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1465883392/nm0000576
    if he grows his hair a bit, he can be made to look close enough. Plus, he's an awesome actor and I guess Ed would highly approve of it, given their common history. Otherwise, Jeff Bridges would be fine by me.

Also, let's hear some suggestions on who should play the other guys?

- Boom: Sean Connery (if he was willing to look like he did in The Rock again: http://www.gilesbowkett.com/images/sean ... e_rock.jpg)
    - Matt: Willem Dafoe http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3700984576/nm0000353
    - Stone: ?
    - Mike: ?
    - Jeff: ?
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    Kloddz wrote:
    If such a movie should ever be made, I think Sean Penn should get the nod to play Ed. From this picture:
    http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1465883392/nm0000576
    if he grows his hair a bit, he can be made to look close enough. Plus, he's an awesome actor and I guess Ed would highly approve of it, given their common history. Otherwise, Jeff Bridges would be fine by me.

Also, let's hear some suggestions on who should play the other guys?

- Boom: Sean Connery (if he was willing to look like he did in The Rock again: http://www.gilesbowkett.com/images/sean ... e_rock.jpg)
    - Matt: Willem Dafoe http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3700984576/nm0000353
    - Stone: ?
    - Mike: ?
    - Jeff: ?

Penn is too old.. and fugly
  • Options
    AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329

I know. I'm just saying, everyone seems to be considering this question from all the wrong angles. It's not just you. And I still don't get what people have against Russell Crowe.

Ditto. Crowe is one of the greatest actors around. That's what matters most. Screw the rest.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Russell Crowe for sure, he just needs to lose a few kg's.
    Russell would be awesome as Eddie...
    "My name is Eddie Vedder commando of the armys of the North West bla bla''
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014