Options

Posters

haashaas Posts: 46
edited May 2008 in The Porch
Can some one quickly and generally explain to me the process of acquiring a tour poster... I always though you had to get them at the show, on the day of the show.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,740
    you can acquire posters through a tenclub sale - they tend to have leftovers or extras through the artist, through general public sales - however as is well doucmented Brad K no longer allows this with his, or through the artists websites after the show....It really depends, but of course the show wouldb be the best place....
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    haas wrote:
    Can some one quickly and generally explain to me the process of acquiring a tour poster... I always though you had to get them at the show, on the day of the show.....

Buy tickets to a show....Get to the show about 8 hours early.....as soon as the gates open, pummel ANYONE in your way and beat feet to the merch stand only to find out that you missed out becasue the guy in front of you bought 10 of a limit of one. Rush to the next stand where the guy behind the counter will tell you that they are out even though you can see them under the table. Go to the beer garden and bitch to anyone who will listen that it is not fair and that you are a true fan and are entitled to one. Get drunk, puke in the bathroom room during the first half of the show. After waking up in a puddle of your own piss the next morning, drop over to ebay(on the computer) and even though it has 9 days left to bid, JUMP THE BID to 10X the price it is worth. Make sure to set your proxy bid VERY high so as not to miss out on this gem. Once the bidding is over and you have your $500 poster, come back here and we will all give you some advice as to how and where to get it framed! :D Good Luck!! ;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    haashaas Posts: 46
    Ok.......... very insightful!! being that I only go to boston area show (MSG this year) Ill assumme that there will be no leftovers or 10c sales... So... Ill be posterless, im not getting there 8 hrs early unless its to drink....
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    haas wrote:
    Ok.......... very insightful!! being that I only go to boston area show (MSG this year) Ill assumme that there will be no leftovers or 10c sales... So... Ill be posterless, im not getting there 8 hrs early unless its to drink....

10C sets aside an amount so they will be able to sell on webpage, so does the artist. Not sure if it is 1/3 each but a good amount for each for sure.
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    haas wrote:

I was kidding you know? ;)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,186
    anyone here have a picture of what the "endless summer" poster looks like that's going up today?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Buy tickets to a show....Get to the show about 8 hours early.....as soon as the gates open, pummel ANYONE in your way and beat feet to the merch stand only to find out that you missed out becasue the guy in front of you bought 10 of a limit of one. Rush to the next stand where the guy behind the counter will tell you that they are out even though you can see them under the table. Go to the beer garden and bitch to anyone who will listen that it is not fair and that you are a true fan and are entitled to one. Get drunk, puke in the bathroom room during the first half of the show. After waking up in a puddle of your own piss the next morning, drop over to ebay(on the computer) and even though it has 9 days left to bid, JUMP THE BID to 10X the price it is worth. Make sure to set your proxy bid VERY high so as not to miss out on this gem. Once the bidding is over and you have your $500 poster, come back here and we will all give you some advice as to how and where to get it framed! :D Good Luck!! ;)

thats the best post i have seen in a while

funny shit!
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    anyone here have a picture of what the "endless summer" poster looks like that's going up today?

I think it's this one... could be wrong

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/77212
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I think this is this one:
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Julien wrote:

jinx, you owe me a Kenyon Hall poster
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    thunderDAN wrote:
    I think it's this one... could be wrong

ahah, you beat me to it !
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,186
    cool. thanks all!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/The-Endless-Summer-Poster-C10290836.jpeg
    Lizardking

• Options
    So Kenyon Hall was out in about 30 seconds...I'm guessing today's poster goes at about the 5 minute mark
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    So Kenyon Hall was out in about 30 seconds...I'm guessing today's poster goes at about the 5 minute mark

took about 1 minute on Brad's site...compared to .05 seconds for Kenyon
    Lizardking

• Options
    my2hands wrote:
    thats the best post i have seen in a while

funny shit!

;)...I couldnt help it.....This is the way I see it sometimes....hahaha