I've just landed, and it has to be said...

CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Philadelphia is th armpit of the US!! Holy crap, every time I fly home I think what a shitty looking city it is...then you have to go through the worst airport. Ugh!! I hate coming home after a vacation!

*sorry for the rant.
"I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    hope you had a good vacation :)
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I've been to Philly and honestly it isn't as bad as Jersey! :P
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    Philadelphia is th armpit of the US!! Holy crap, every time I fly home I think what a shitty looking city it is...then you have to go through the worst airport. Ugh!! I hate coming home after a vacation!

*sorry for the rant.

Well you just need to move then!!

I don't know where to though..... ;):lol:
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Oh here we fucking go again.

I happen to work in Philly and live in Jersey and I happen to love this area.
  • tbhooptietbhooptie Posts: 137
    Cant say I have ever been to either as of yet... but I am listening to Streets of Philadelphia by Bruce Springsteen... and it is a fabulous song!
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632

Im with you P&E :twisted:
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169

I've lived in the Philly area all my life and nevert have liked it, but coming back from a vacation makes it even less appealing.

You have admit though that the philly airport is a shit hole! Of all the airports I've been to philly is the worst, maybe with the exception being Jamaica where the security check was a guy in shorts and a tank top with a machine gun sitting at a card table :P
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

*sorry for the rant.

If you hate it that much why would you stay in the area ? :roll:

I've been to many airports...Philly isn't the best but I've seen much worse

The new wing I was in recently when we flew to FL through Southwest is all brand new
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    [You have admit though that the philly airport is a shit hole!

who the fuck judges airports. i'm too busy trying to get the hell out of them to notice what they look like

I could care less, as long as the plane landed safely :D I'm one happy camper
    [You have admit though that the philly airport is a shit hole!

who the fuck judges airports. i'm too busy trying to get the hell out of them to notice what they look like

I could care less, as long as the plane landed safely :D I'm one happy camper

Thats how I look at it..I'm not living there

I grab my bags and leave

• Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095

I've lived in the Philly area all my life and nevert have liked it, but coming back from a vacation makes it even less appealing.

You have admit though that the philly airport is a shit hole! Of all the airports I've been to philly is the worst, maybe with the exception being Jamaica where the security check was a guy in shorts and a tank top with a machine gun sitting at a card table :P
    I have to say, I was only in Philly for a day but there was a lovely vibe to the place... made me wanna spend longer :oops: I flew from there to Chicago and I agree with you about the airport though :shock: piece o shit :? and the queues were about 2 hours long :shock:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,778
    Im surprised DUNKMAN has not made an appearance in this thread yet :lol:

keyword being YET

For me....I kinda like Philly.
    The ex and I always planned on moving once I had finished school (which would of been this year if it wasn't for all that went on). Now I need my family more than ever so I'm stuck here until I'm 'on my feet' again.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,778
    The ex and I always planned on moving once I had finished school (which would of been this year if it wasn't for all that went on). Now I need my family more than ever so I'm stuck here until I'm 'on my feet' again.

U gotta find the good in things.....Its a pretty nice size city, u gotta look around a bit

Then again....sometimes a change in scenery will do u good, good luck
    CROJAM95 wrote:

U gotta find the good in things.....Its a pretty nice size city, u gotta look around a bit

Then again....sometimes a change in scenery will do u good, good luck
    Thanks.

As in any place there's good with bad... Mostly for me the things I like here are 'comfort things' that I'm just used to. I just find there are interests I have that philly and the surrounding areas just don't fulfill :).

**it is nice being an hour and a half or so from the beach though!

If I lived in a 'shit hole' I would wanna get out ASAP !

Hopefully you'll be able to get on your feet again soon

If I lived in a 'shit hole' I would wanna get out ASAP !

Hopefully you'll be able to get on your feet again soon
    Maybe I was too expressive with my words ;) :P

Also,I WOULD like to get out ASAP but life doesn't always let you do the things you want to do when you want to do them.... But hey, at least I get to go on vacation! :D
  • Since Philly Airport merged D & E and set up a new security area it's greatly improved. I used to hate when I'd print my boarding pass and it said D, the lines were always so long, now I'm through security in less than 10 minutes and it's nice to have some new stores to look through.

At least they are putting some money into the airport and making improvements. Now, if only my flights were on time more often... but that's a whole other rant. :O
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    love Philly, don't love the airport. everytime I fly home to Jersey, I try to fly into the Atlantic City airport--so much more convenient!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    Y'all remember the OLD airport? Now that was a shithole. At least this one has a Bose store. :mrgreen:
  • pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    Y'all remember the OLD airport? Now that was a shithole. At least this one has a Bose store. :mrgreen:
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Ignore my PM... You lucky, you were on vacation... I'm so jealous :D

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027

*sorry for the rant.

just think back to when you were here in Cincinnati. Philly cant be as bad as that.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • iamsam_pjiamsam_pj Posts: 300
    i liked philly when i was there last year...even if it i was just at urban's home office at the navy yard...it was a magical place :D hopefully i'll be there in a few years!! but...the airport was just a bit confusing due to the construction.
    iamsam_pj wrote:
    i liked philly when i was there last year...even if it i was just at urban's home office at the navy yard...it was a magical place :D hopefully i'll be there in a few years!! but...the airport was just a bit confusing due to the construction.
    The Urban office is nice, my dad worked at the navy yard when i was a kid so I'm very familiar with that area and Urban really did a nice job with the redesign of those buildings.

*now can you get me a job there? ;)
  • iamsam_pjiamsam_pj Posts: 300
    iamsam_pj wrote:
    The Urban office is nice, my dad worked at the navy yard when i was a kid so I'm very familiar with that area and Urban really did a nice job with the redesign of those buildings.

*now can you get me a job there? ;)
    it was the most amazing place...very inspiring. all of the store managers and merchandisers for the company came to home office for a meeting...we were all wandering around like tourists taking pictures of everything!! i have a bunch up on my facebook page...i'm a HUGE dork about this company :mrgreen:

i don't know how much pull up there...but i know some peeps who know some peeps ;)
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Philadelphia is th armpit of the US!! Holy crap, every time I fly home I think what a shitty looking city it is
    you just realized this now. FUCK PHILLY
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

philly_lg.gif
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I have to say I've liked the place, the few times I've been. Its a bear of a drive though, from upstate NY, harder than to NYC. But so many interesting places. Seen some good shows there.

Someone I know who used to live there calls it 'the city of brotherly shove' though.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    metsfan wrote:
    Philadelphia is th armpit of the US!! Holy crap, every time I fly home I think what a shitty looking city it is
    you just realized this now. FUCK PHILLY

HaHa !!

Poor Metsy watching the Phils win the World Series !!