Options

Is there any extras on the Unplugged DVD?

2»

Comments

• Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    wnh1977 wrote:
    EBowie wrote:
    that's so fucking stupid!! why did they have to go and fuck with it? Beth was the love of his life at the time..so what they aren't together anymore..the Ten reissue is all about what once was..NOT what now IS!! :evil: :evil:

Piss off!!! Imagine what it feels like having people make posts on a message board about your love life (past or present). If Ed or anyone else from PJ felt that it should be removed, they don't owe you or anyone else any explanation. Gimme Gimme Gimme!!!

But if you're going to release the damn thing, release it! If you thought you were purchasing a copy of Michelangelo's Statue of David, wouldn't you be pissed if he had an 18-inch wang instead of the original normal-sized one? :D

I agree with this. The only problem is your analogy is backwards. We should have gotten the 18-inch wang and instead got the normal sized one. Out of order.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    GD124635GD124635 Posts: 90
    Piss off!!! Imagine what it feels like having people make posts on a message board about your love life (past or present). If Ed or anyone else from PJ felt that it should be removed, they don't owe you or anyone else any explanation. Gimme Gimme Gimme!!![/quote]

But if you're going to release the damn thing, release it! If you thought you were purchasing a copy of Michelangelo's Statue of David, wouldn't you be pissed if he had an 18-inch wang instead of the original normal-sized one? :D[/quote]

I agree with this. The only problem is your analogy is backwards. We should have gotten the 18-inch wang and instead got the normal sized one. Out of order.[/quote]

No the REAL problem is the normal wang is not normal sized :D
  • Options
    GD124635 wrote:
    Piss off!!! Imagine what it feels like having people make posts on a message board about your love life (past or present). If Ed or anyone else from PJ felt that it should be removed, they don't owe you or anyone else any explanation. Gimme Gimme Gimme!!!

But if you're going to release the damn thing, release it! If you thought you were purchasing a copy of Michelangelo's Statue of David, wouldn't you be pissed if he had an 18-inch wang instead of the original normal-sized one? :D[/quote]

I agree with this. The only problem is your analogy is backwards. We should have gotten the 18-inch wang and instead got the normal sized one. Out of order.[/quote]

No the REAL problem is the normal wang is not normal sized :D[/quote]

Either way we are missing part of said wang.
  • Options
    EBowie wrote:

poor fucking millionaires..boo-fucking-hoo..that is the price of fame and no matter how hard you try to keep your shit private..it just ain't going to happen!! there was no reason to go and fuck up the unplugged performance over that shit...i mean how fucking pety can it get? oh he said Beth..or abortion..yeah he's older and moved on and may not feel the same anymore..but so fucking what!..this is about then not about now!! To tell the truth..i don't even think i will buy it now because of this stupid ass bullshit.

"Gimme Gimme Gimme"....all i want is the ORIGINAL broadcast..that's not being greedy..and i really don't give a flying fuck what you think..so you can "piss off"!

WTF ED?!! what happened to you?!
  • Options
    EBowie wrote:

poor fucking millionaires..boo-fucking-hoo..that is the price of fame and no matter how hard you try to keep your shit private..it just ain't going to happen!! there was no reason to go and fuck up the unplugged performance over that shit...i mean how fucking pety can it get? oh he said Beth..or abortion..yeah he's older and moved on and may not feel the same anymore..but so fucking what!..this is about then not about now!! To tell the truth..i don't even think i will buy it now because of this stupid ass bullshit.

"Gimme Gimme Gimme"....all i want is the ORIGINAL broadcast..that's not being greedy..and i really don't give a flying fuck what you think..so you can "piss off"!

WTF ED?!! what happened to you?!

I agree that it would have been nice to be notified that it was edited. Pretty lame.
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    I love complaining as much as the next guy, but the set was to include the previously unreleased performance on MTV Unplugged - which is what you got. A DVD of the broadcast of MTV Unplugged. To the best of my knowledge, no other MTV Unplugged release contains the raw cut of the show. Why were we expecting different. Any more would have been nice, but this doesn't surprise me.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    mjb wrote:
    I love complaining as much as the next guy, but the set was to include the previously unreleased performance on MTV Unplugged - which is what you got. A DVD of the broadcast of MTV Unplugged. To the best of my knowledge, no other MTV Unplugged release contains the raw cut of the show. Why were we expecting different. Any more would have been nice, but this doesn't surprise me.
    That said though... take away that we no longer have the timer-bar at the bottom and its less than what has been circulating for years. I mean, we lost RITFW and then got edits galore as far as chatter and then with Oceans. Personally I think its kind of lame to edit Oceans, but had it had RITFW I would have no complaints.
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    mjb wrote:
    That said though... take away that we no longer have the timer-bar at the bottom and its less than what has been circulating for years. I mean, we lost RITFW and then got edits galore as far as chatter and then with Oceans. Personally I think its kind of lame to edit Oceans, but had it had RITFW I would have no complaints.

Good point re: the edits. That should have been disclosed. There is a lot of filmed material they could have used - maybe they should have chosen something that EV wouldn't have asked to be edited or censored...I guess they wanted to keep things era specific, but how many of us would purchase HQ raw footage of the Clinch Italy shows.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    lol you guys are absolutely ridiculous

you seriously care THAT MUCH about it missing a line from Eddie? Ok so its missing RITFW, bummer (i prefer the 2003-present versions anyway)

who gives a fuck
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    mjb wrote:

no!..we got some edited piece of shit!the songs are mixed up now too(not in the order they should be in) and no RITFW!! WTF! I'll stick with my bootleg copy with the fucking timer on the bottom!! out of all the crap in that big box the unplugged dvd was what i was most waiting for..now i feel cheated!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    CJMST3K wrote:
    that's so fucking stupid!! why did they have to go and fuck with it? Beth was the love of his life at the time..so what they aren't together anymore..the Ten reissue is all about what once was..NOT what now IS!! :evil: :evil:

In the 25th anniversary of Unplugged they're gonna insert CGI ewoks and JarJarBinks into the video.

you sir, are my hero.
  • Options
    mjb wrote:

no!..we got some edited piece of shit!the songs are mixed up now too(not in the order they should be in) and no RITFW!! WTF! I'll stick with my bootleg copy with the fucking timer on the bottom!! out of all the crap in that big box the unplugged dvd was what i was most waiting for..now i feel cheated!

I may be mistaken, but if I though the original "broadcast" show which aired on MTV contained the same mixed up songs and RITFW-less program which is presented on the DVD. The version you are referring to is an unofficial bootleg.
  • Options
    DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
    drsluggo wrote:
    TacoJammer wrote:
    there are no apparent extras. Haven't tried to find any easter eggs yet.
    dang... was really hoping they would slip in RITFW somehow...

are you kidding me?!? this is bullshit, what the hell were they thinking? I think it's either the band decided not to put it on the DVD for whatever anal reason or old man Neil wants more $$ which has enough of already...wtf????
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options
    For the record, there are no extras or "Easter Eggs" on the "MTV Unplugged" DVD. I know this because DVD Audio Extractor told me. :cry:
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    drsluggo wrote:
    TacoJammer wrote:
    there are no apparent extras. Haven't tried to find any easter eggs yet.
    dang... was really hoping they would slip in RITFW somehow...

are you kidding me?!? this is bullshit, what the hell were they thinking? I think it's either the band decided not to put it on the DVD for whatever anal reason or old man Neil wants more $$ which has enough of already...wtf????

I could be wrong, as I'm not a copyright lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that they don't have to pay royalties on a cover. I think only royalties exist if they are trying to market the song and gain money from it, say as an advertisement. While yes, they are making money, this isn't any different than any of the bootlegs.
  • Options
    i was less pissed about them leaving Arc off the 2003 boots.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com