Options

Are You Comfortable With Your Self Image??

PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
edited March 2009 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm asking that question because I think when we look into a mirror we are not seeing what everyone else does. I for one am not happy with mine at the moment...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    I'm asking that question because I think when we look into a mirror we are not seeing what everyone else does. I for one am not happy with mine at the moment...

how so? do you mean your physical appearance? overweight? that sort of thing?
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    I am comfortable with mine. I'm not one who is concerned with what everyone else sees me for. I have a group of close friends who opinion I respect that will make suggestions to me but other than that accepting who you are is the biggest step to comfort with your self image.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I hope this does not become like the "attractive thread."

one way to feel better about yourself is to do volunteer work. exercise can lift your spirits, as well as sunshine.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    bee_boybee_boy Posts: 384
    iluvcats wrote:

Yeah, what gives?

- "What is it like to be attractive?" Thread
    - "There are Some Really Nice Looking Men Here!!!" Thread
    - "There are some pretty girls here...." Thread
    - "Any Workout Junkies?? I need advice!" Thread

This board is starting to feel like the "Cosmo" board.

Someone should start a "101 ways to make her orgasm" thread :P
  • Options
    bee_boy wrote:
    iluvcats wrote:

Yeah, what gives?

- "What is it like to be attractive?" Thread
    - "There are Some Really Nice Looking Men Here!!!" Thread
    - "There are some pretty girls here...." Thread
    - "Any Workout Junkies?? I need advice!" Thread

This board is starting to feel like the "Cosmo" board.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who feels like this.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I can honestly say, even the phrase "self image" is anathema to me. It seems so solipsistic. I'll have a bath and brush my teeth, and change my underpants and socks, but hygiene aside, I don't give a shite about stuff like image.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    I can honestly say, even the phrase "self image" is anathema to me. It seems so solipsistic. I'll have a bath and brush my teeth, and change my underpants and socks, but hygiene aside, I don't give a shite about stuff like image.

+1
  • Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    To answer the OP's question: most days yes. some days no. I think most people are up and down about this.

I do know that if I get myself back to the gym (I haven't been in two months) I will feel way better overall. I believe that as long as you put yourself first, the good self image will follow.
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    iamsam_pjiamsam_pj Posts: 300
    i'm overall pretty happy with my self image! i did realize the other day that i should maybe start going to the gym a bit more...i got out of the habit once the holidays hit and work was crazy. but that's from more of a self-improvement standpoint that feeling the need to impress anyone.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Yes, other than that in my head I'm about 30 years younger than my actual age. ;)
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    bee_boy wrote:

There are 101 ways???

:o.......... 8-)
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Yes, other than that in my head I'm about 30 years younger than my actual age. ;)
    Ha-ha. me too!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Sort of...I think my nose is too big. I would also like to get some curves and not just be so skinny...can't seem to get that hour glass shape. Overall, I guess I'm good with the self image! 8-)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    norm wrote:

+1

Couldn't have said it better myself. Self-image is overrated...this world has become too damn superficial adn people worry way too much about their physical appearance and how they look to others when they should be concerned about their own inner happiness....that's just me though, and my opinion.

Personally, I don't concern myself with how I look to others, I have someone who loves me, and I love them. I've got all that I need with just that. I'm more happy in my mind than in others eyes.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    JordyWordy wrote:
    bee_boy wrote:

There are 101 ways???

Hahaha, beat me to the punch.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    pinot768pinot768 Posts: 295
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

+1

Couldn't have said it better myself. Self-image is overrated...this world has become too damn superficial adn people worry way too much about their physical appearance and how they look to others when they should be concerned about their own inner happiness....that's just me though, and my opinion.

Personally, I don't concern myself with how I look to others, I have someone who loves me, and I love them. I've got all that I need with just that. I'm more happy in my mind than in others eyes.

Absolutely agree! Self-image is about so much more than looks. Inner peace, doing the best you can each day, helping another human being, and being content with what you have in life - whether you would like to eventually change it for the better or not - but being happy where you are, doing what you are doing, as you are doing it...to me, that is what my self-image consists of, and nobody but me and the ones I love should have an impact on any of those things.
    "I was born, and I know that I'll die...the in-between is mine."
  • Options
    gobrowns19 wrote:

Hahaha, beat me to the punch.

i was delighted with myself for getting that in. :) man, do i love obvious jokes!

anyways, ive been counting the ways i can, and its not nearly 101. *opens up wikipedia....*
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:

one way to feel better about yourself is to do volunteer work. exercise can lift your spirits, as well as sunshine.

very well said... :mrgreen:
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    I have some sweet-ass chest hair.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    nope not at all which is why im gonna workout more and get rid of my gut and everything else. im gonna try to have ripped abs and my arms be bigger.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Yes. I'm very comfortable.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I guess I would like to change some things but for the most part I accept myself.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,817
    i am comfortable with myself....physically...mentally and any other fucking way....

and the best part is....

i dont give a flying fuck what anyone on the planet thinks about me.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    i am comfortable with myself....physically...mentally and any other fucking way....

and the best part is....

i dont give a flying fuck what anyone on the planet thinks about me.......

I think you're an amazing human being...
  • Options
    JordyWordy wrote:
    bee_boy wrote:

There are 101 ways???

I'm familiar with 2... and only 1 works :(
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Kenny Olav wrote:

Better than having sweet-chest ass hair, I guess! :lol:
  • Options
    bee_boy wrote:
    JordyWordy wrote:
    bee_boy wrote:

There are 101 ways???

I'm familiar with 2... and only 1 works :(

:lol:
  • Options
    Kenny Olav wrote:

Better than having sweet-chest ass hair, I guess! :lol:

:mrgreen:
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • Options
    I think once I get into my walking routine everyday around the neighborhood I'll feel much better. It's been such a long winter... I love feeling the burn while I'm walking and the results are pretty damn good, if I may say so myself... :mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    I think you really have to be happy with who you are {it's a state of mind type thing}... I believe if things are going pretty good in your life, then what you think of the way you look really doesn't matter.

I've always exercised and stayed in shape no matter what, and things are going to happen that you just can't avoid.

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad