Options

Camden 6/19 & 6/20.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,318
    chromiam wrote:
    Jim's on South Street... best cheesesteaks.

They're my favorite, too, but I think someone visiting the area really needs to hit Pat's/Geno's for the true (ie, wait in line outside, eat it outside) experience.

Although South Street is cool to see if you have time to spend there...
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,776
    Wow, lots of opinions on cheesesteaks! I think I'll try both Pats and Genos.

didn't read all the replies so if someone mentioned this, sorry :)

GINO'S and PAT'S SUCK - I mean they are DISGUSTING

Jim's on South Street is the best I've had here
  • Options
    Pudgie's in Whitpain, about 35 minutes from downtown.
  • Options
    Ummmm.....I hate to put a negative spin on this thread, but..............

CAMDEN IS NOT PHILADELPHIA! IT IS IN NEW JERSEY! I KNOW THAT IT'S CLOSE TO PHILLY, BUT JERSEY IS IT'S OWN GODDAMN STATE! WE HAVE A STATE FLAG AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL...............Please continue with your discussion. That is all for now.

:)
    Philly-4/28/03, Holmdel-7/14/03, Reading-10/1/04, Philly-10/3/05, Camden-5/27/06, Camden-5/28/05, Camden-6/19/08, Camden-6/20/08, MSG- 6/25/08
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Waidian wrote:
    Just got confirmation.

i had no intention of going to camden...but if pearl jam actually plays there on june 20th, i *must*......can't miss a pj show on our wedding anniversary! :p hahahaha.

man..............the waiting drove me mad..........;)
    so, so, soooo glad....we'll all *know* for 100% certain, just what the deal is in a few more hours. i guess? about 12 PDT/3 EDT
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    The info on the 6-19/20 Camden shows is correct....

The only thing to think about now is will they add a 3rd night?????
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383

OOOHHH!!! How about a 3rd night, but Fan Club only at the Tower?!?!? :)

PS3, you rock, btw. You really did make my night and day and summer! I've already had the days off accepted at work!!!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    Speedy were are you?
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options

Yes, perhaps we could be home to "The Experiment" this time. Mwuhaaa-haaa-haaaaa!
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    chromiam wrote:
    I don't think it has been coincidence that PJ has played in Camden (basically central on the east coast) on holiday weekends during the last tours. Just saying that back to back nights in Camden during the week sounds alittle weird... not doubting the source.
    yep, was just saying that about their camden history with holidays.... labor day in 2000, fourth of july in 2003, memorial day in 2006.
    i'm ok with weeknight shows. my seats are always awful in camden. not that i don't want everyone there... but maybe i'll have better hometown seats mid-week. :p
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    nfanel wrote:
    not that i don't want everyone there... but maybe i'll have better hometown seats mid-week. :p
    You bring up a brilliant point. At least for Thursday night. I think we can guarantee that the locals will have better seats that night than Friday night.
    :)
    Hell, I'm just so excited about this news, I can't even work!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    bring this on June would be the best :)
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976

hmmmmmmm....all these rumors, it looks like taking that following week off WAS a good idea, even if it postpones our seattle trip :p....seems like it may shape up to be a mini east-coast tour for the week wherever pj has shows! hope hubby is up for it! ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    i'm all for this. i like the 'hometown' thursday night theory too. as for the great cheesesteak debate, honestly they aren't much different. best choice is to go to geno's and pats and see what lines shorter. they always tasted the same to me.
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • Options
    Jim's steaks on South St. are the best in town....Geno's and Pat's are dangerous after the bars let out...The Italian market is not what is used to be..too much riff-raff hanging around

Jim's you can buy a beer, chill out upstairs and watch all the traffic on South..
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    As far as Cheesesteaks, I'd go with Tony Luke's in South Philly. My favorite by far. I'm also a big fan of Jim's up in the northeast (Cottman and Buselton) but not South St. More often than not they taste like shit down there and I can't even get a freaking fountain soda.

And if these rumors hold true, that's a nice concert week in June
    6/18: REM and Modest Mouse at the Mann
    6/19: Pearl Jam
    6/20: Pearl Jam