Options

An angry Dissident it's here + tenclub answer!!!

124»

Comments

• Options
    2nd one is awesome. Isn't it Alive/Once/Footsteps though?
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,936
    danny72688 wrote:

You're right, I did it that way just for graphic reasons.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    arq wrote:
    danny72688 wrote:

You're right, I did it that way just for graphic reasons.
    Ah, I still like it. That shirt would be more for die hard fans though. Probably why it wasn't picked. How many people on the street are gonna know what Momma/Son is? Or have actually heard of Footsteps? While it is Ten themed, it's not recognizable enough in general. I'd buy it, just saying it's not really for the casual fan.
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,640
    Here is my 2cents to share.

First off I will say that I think your designs show alot more 'design' than some of the submissions, most of whom just reworked/recolored the 'band w/arms raised' graphic to greater or lesser success.

But here is my critique: which ='s constructive criticism.

1st design - The people fleeing the invasion of "Ten" seem to be covering their ears as if the music is painful. (Not exactly what you would use to promote a rerelease). Maybe something more appropriate would have been if they all heard the sound - then marched like happy zombies toward a 'vinyl' spacecraft.

The 2nd design is stronger and I dont see any glaring reason it would be omitted. Possibly the specificness of the subjects, a singular casette w/specific song titles isn't accurate for what you would be receiving if you purchased the rerelease and 10C felt this might send the wrong message about what your promoting.

Their recent tour shirts have been simple and graphically straightforward. Yours were more complicated. (Not always a bad thing).

All said, better luck next time, mine never made it beyond my sketchbook.
  • Options
    I think the second shirt is sweet. No offense to anybody but I wouldn't wear any of the shirts that were submitted in the contest. This shirt should have made the cut IMO
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,936
    URthekey wrote:
    Here is my 2cents to share.

First off I will say that I think your designs show alot more 'design' than some of the submissions, most of whom just reworked/recolored the 'band w/arms raised' graphic to greater or lesser success.

But here is my critique: which ='s constructive criticism.

1st design - The people fleeing the invasion of "Ten" seem to be covering their ears as if the music is painful. (Not exactly what you would use to promote a rerelease). Maybe something more appropriate would have been if they all heard the sound - then marched like happy zombies toward a 'vinyl' spacecraft.

The 2nd design is stronger and I dont see any glaring reason it would be omitted. Possibly the specificness of the subjects, a singular casette w/specific song titles isn't accurate for what you would be receiving if you purchased the rerelease and 10C felt this might send the wrong message about what your promoting.

Their recent tour shirts have been simple and graphically straightforward. Yours were more complicated. (Not always a bad thing).

All said, better luck next time, mine never made it beyond my sketchbook.

What an awesome critique! Thank you very much! :D
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?