Options

An angry Dissident it's here + tenclub answer!!!

Comments

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    arq wrote:
    Amazing answer from the Ten Club! (on the firt post)

What a fair contest... Anyway i'll keep my protest 'till the day of the end of the contest.
    It is a contest. You didn't win. I think you need to get over it ...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    demetrios wrote:
    I love this one man! :)

cassette-1.jpg

Very surprised it wasn't listed in the contest! :?
    ditto
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    That is very frustrating I imagine to take the time to design an entry and neither is in the contest .
    and not a very satisfying response you got either.

That's a dissapointment.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,936
    BeerBaron wrote:
    arq wrote:

What a fair contest... Anyway i'll keep my protest 'till the day of the end of the contest.

Oh don't worry i will, but not now maybe in a couple of days but not today.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    arq wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    arq wrote:

Oh don't worry i will, but not now maybe in a couple of days but not today.
    Your designs are excellent. Enough of us here have said that. The 10C didn't agree for some reason, but it is their prerogative to disagree. I guess I can grant you 3 days to complain about it before telling you to get over it :D
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    I'll take those days, 'till saturday! but after that i reserve the right to keep a protesting more pacefully :D
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    arq wrote:
    I been waiting for weeks for my design to show up in the contest page, but at the end they decided not to include mine, i would like to know about the selection process, is it random? If this "selection process" is not clear how i'm suppose to know if it's going to be fair or is just a scam to keep ten club members "happy"? I followed the design rules, i sent my designs on time, i'm a legal us resident, what else do i need?

I know this may hurt my chances for future contests or lotteries, but if eddie can sing and complain about whatever it's on his mind i should have the same right here to talk and not be punished.

THE-RETURN-1.jpg

cassette-1.jpg

The Amazing and very deep Tenclub Answer

This answer make me more mad and dissapointed than before

Ten Club Answer:

Only a portion of the designs submitted were chosen to be entered into thecontest. Sorry, your design was not one of them. Thank you for your participation. We hope you continue to enter futurecontests with Ten Club. Best,10c

Ok I'm not in the contest but WHY? I need to know under what premises my design was rejected. Some of the ones in the contest don't comply with rules of the contest. I don't want politically correntect answers, I'm waiting reasonables motives why mine were not selected. Are my themes offensives, out of order or not good enough? I want to know how was the process of selection, it was a selected randomly? A judge?

arq, I don't really understand why your entry wouldn't be included either. Both designs seem to comply with the rules, and they are more interesting than some of the other options on the voting page. I don't remember any mention (in the rules) about tossing some entries out before the actual judging!!

It does seem a bit odd to me too.

Maybe someone misplaced your entry and so they had to make up an excuse? :?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    arq, I don't really understand why your entry wouldn't be included either. Both designs seem to comply with the rules, and they are more interesting than some of the other options on the voting page. I don't remember any mention (in the rules) about tossing some entries out before the actual judging!!

Thanks Bro!
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    arq wrote:
    justam wrote:

Thanks Bro!

You're welcome.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Many will enter One will win..........
    Did you have fun creating these designs? If so consider yourself a winner.
    Why worry about it?

10C does the best they can and can not please everyone..........
    These contest should be fun maybe the next contest will be yours to win. ;)

Enjoy the designs you created ...doesn't mean it's not good because it wasn't picked for the voting. :D
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    My personal opinion... i don't care for them. Sorry.
    I find them too derivative of Lichtenstein.
    In other words... Art is subjective. There is no reason WHY people like or don't like Art... they either do... or they don't.
    Don't take their criticism (or your Art) too seriously.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    All comments are welcome, no hurt feelings at all! A bad comment is better than no coomets at all, the idea is keep the dialogue alive!
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    arq wrote:
    All comments are welcome, no hurt feelings at all! A bad comment is better than no coomets at all, the idea is keep the dialogue alive!
    Here's an idea....
    Make some T-Shirts (or posters) on your own and sell/trade them to the people here. You already have customers... all you need is product.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    arq wrote:
    Here's an idea....
    Make some T-Shirts (or posters) on your own and sell/trade them to the people here. You already have customers... all you need is product.

I don't want money if someone want to use them I'll be more than happy. I wanted a fair contest that's all.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    Maybe you didn't enter the contest in time
  • Options
    Maybe you didn't enter the contest in time

Perfectly on time, even with some time to spare.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    so let me see if i understand....

you entered a contest....
    you didnt win....(better luck next time)

and thats about it.....right?????

why the anger????

and i think both designs are outstanding ......(just so ya know)
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

why the anger????

It's not anger most of all is dissapoinment, Well I don't know under what premises my entries were rejected, plus there are a lot of great designs in the contest others not so great but others not even comply with the contest regulations, and they're running.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    arq wrote:

why the anger????

It's not anger most of all is dissapoinment, Well I don't know under what premises my entries were rejected, plus there are a lot of great designs in the contest others not so great but others not even comply with the contest regulations, and they're running.
    i can understand being disappointed....but what can you do???

you tried your best....
    and it didnt work out.......

who knows.....next time you might be chosen to design the shirts and posters for the entire tour......

in other words.....dont let it get ya down.....
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Say what you will about that Speedy, but he is one wise mother fucker. ;)
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    im not wise...

im just OLD........

hehehehehehehehehe.............
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    im not wise...

im just OLD........

hehehehehehehehehe.............

really old........ :P
  • Options
    i only read through the first couple of pages, but don't look for the 10c to always answer questions directly or fully explain things--they seem to do that very selectively. their unspoken motto is basically, "it's our way or the highway." and the only time they ever apologized for anything was when they promised us something big, bold, beautiful and free, but never actually delivered it.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    and the only time they ever apologized for anything was when they promised us something big, bold, beautiful and free, but never actually delivered it.
    they apologized for that?
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    and the only time they ever apologized for anything was when they promised us something big, bold, beautiful and free, but never actually delivered it.

no...not what i meant. the free thing was part of the apology. it was, we're sorry, and we're going to do something big and free for 10c members.
  • Options

no...not what i meant. the free thing was part of the apology. it was, we're sorry, and we're going to do something big and free for 10c members.
    and then never did it... :roll: :lol:
  • Options

exactly. and i don't even care anymore. i was just trying to let the op know how they roll.
  • Options

exactly. and i don't even care anymore. i was just trying to let the op know how they roll.
    i gotcha... yeah the flop on the big bold and free is no biggie anymore.
    what was it an apology for?
  • Options

i gotcha... yeah the flop on the big bold and free is no biggie anymore.
    what was it an apology for?

LOL! i was trying to remember myself. i think it was the borgata fiasco--then the philly show to make up for it, but there was very limited 10c ticketing and people freaked.
  • Options
    LOL! i was trying to remember myself. i think it was the borgata fiasco--then the philly show to make up for it, but there was very limited 10c ticketing and people freaked.
    ahh ok. Well I'm happy for the Philly show (my first) so i can't complain :D