Options

How many of you sent complaints?

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    like we all didnt know it was going to be a crazy clusterfuck before we began this morning....i figured it was going to be a long shot....like the lottery...but yes things could have been done better. My two bits.
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,619
    Oh I get it now..............this is the April Fools trick,they charge you for tickets........then you don't get em.
    Ha Ha jokes on me!
  • Options
    yield6 wrote:
    like we all didnt know it was going to be a crazy clusterfuck before we began this morning....i figured it was going to be a long shot....like the lottery...but yes things could have been done better. My two bits.

I too thought it would be a tough deal to seal and I'm not crushed about the tix, Ima try on Friday BUT I am kinda bummed about the $432 that are holding when I dont have any tickets :(
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    That really sucks guys. Sorry to read all of these horror stories. This is why I was almost relieved he wasn't playing the east coast. It seems as though what they are doing with the charge backs is highly illegal. That is no way to treat your customers. The poster sales are clusterfucks but at least people aren't getting ripped off. There is clearly some shady shit going on with this situation and as usual with the 10 Club, there are no real answers. But hey, the Christmas single was almost on time this year so what more can we ask for our $20?
  • Options
    That really sucks guys. Sorry to read all of these horror stories. This is why I was almost relieved he wasn't playing the east coast. It seems as though what they are doing with the charge backs is highly illegal. That is no way to treat your customers. The poster sales are clusterfucks but at least people aren't getting ripped off. There is clearly some shady shit going on with this situation and as usual with the 10 Club, there are no real answers. But hey, the Christmas single was almost on time this year so what more can we ask for our $20?
    i agree....

HIGHLY ILLEGAL......

where the fuck do they get off waiting 3-5 days before puting that money back into somebodys account?????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    i agree....

HIGHLY ILLEGAL......

where the fuck do they get off waiting 3-5 days before puting that money back into somebodys account?????

Well then someone should call the cops or something. If its illegal then they should be held accountable.
    There has to be some kind of regulatory body for stuff like this.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Well then someone should call the cops or something. If its illegal then they should be held accountable.
    There has to be some kind of regulatory body for stuff like this.
    i really dont know how holding someones money for 3-5 days......without offering any kind of service whatsoever ......can be legal......

is it the credit card companies that are responible for the 3-5 days waiting???

or is this the 10club who is responsible???
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    i really dont know how holding someones money for 3-5 days......without offering any kind of service whatsoever ......can be legal......

It's 10club. I know for a fact you can process a return on someone's card just as quickly and easily as you can process a charge. Maybe they don't have the manpower or the know-how or whatever but that doesn't mean it isn't fucking possible. This is 100% complete fucking bullshit that they have my money tied up and now I may get hit with overdraft fees. What the fuck am I supposed to do about that shit? Fucking piece of shit low-rate motherfucking club anyway. Anyone else steals my money and I'd be outraged. This is no different.
  • Options
    It's 10club. I know for a fact you can process a return on someone's card just as quickly and easily as you can process a charge. Maybe they don't have the manpower or the know-how or whatever but that doesn't mean it isn't fucking possible. This is 100% complete fucking bullshit that they have my money tied up and now I may get hit with overdraft fees. What the fuck am I supposed to do about that shit? Fucking piece of shit low-rate motherfucking club anyway. Anyone else steals my money and I'd be outraged. This is no different.

I have 3 transactions pending and no tix... BUT refunds and void are not processed inmediately though... a merchant can process a refund when the funds have posted into a customer's account and the refund can take 3-5 buss days that depends solely on the financial institution, as far as pending authorizations the merchant has to call the credit card or bank that has the pending funds and release the funds, its not something that can be voided and it will appear just as fast on your account, I'm sure they will void all of those transactions tonight, but they dont go back inmediately it depends on the bank.... and I'm sure 10C wont be calling banks and credit cards to get funds released though...

I can totally see why you are so pissed off though, I have my funds tied up and I just hope they are available by Friday but if it was my bank account it would be a different story...

PS: I know that about the funds because I deal with this every day at my job and get really angry customers calling when we have money pending and they don't have a completed order...
  • Options
    Have you guys called your credit card companies and disputed this? I think the salt on the wound is the fact that I saw someone said the 10 Club said to keep trying to get through but when people did, they had more charges showing up. This goes way beyond them bitching out on the big bold and free thing. Now they are actually defrauding people out of money.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I know with my cc company which is Bank of America, I can call and they will remove any disputed charge. I take it yours is a debit card though, but have you tried calling your bank? I'm sure they can put a hold on it. I'll never use a debit card and this is one reason. :) Cash or cc for me.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    I know with my cc company which is Bank of America, I can call and they will remove any disputed charge. I take it yours is a debit card though, but have you tried calling your bank? I'm sure they can put a hold on it. I'll never use a debit card and this is one reason. :) Cash or cc for me.

Most banks if not all offer taking the charge off in order to dispute the charge but banks nor credit cards will dispute charges until they have actually posted into the account, pending authorizations are just that so they won't dispute them until they are actual charges.

It kinda sucks though that a lot of this pending authorizations happened after the main sale, since those links were still up even though the tickets were SOLD OUT long before and many people like me saw a buy button tried it and ended up with nothing but holding funds :(
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118

It's the credit card companies. Retailers can key it in to their little credit card machines, and on their end the refund transaction is complete - but the bank companies are the ones who wait the 3-5 business days before they release the money. Is is standard credit card retail practices. Nothing illegal at all about it. Does it suck in these situations, absolutely!
  • Options
    They do have a phone number for complaints, questions, etc its an 800 number too and a live person answers the phone, its been listed on their site for quite sometime now.

Its better to type an answer than have them rant over the phone time and time again. E-mail is a faster way to communicate than spend alot of money on a 800 number.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    It's the credit card companies. Retailers can key it in to their little credit card machines, and on their end the refund transaction is complete - but the bank companies are the ones who wait the 3-5 business days before they release the money. Is is standard credit card retail practices. Nothing illegal at all about it. Does it suck in these situations, absolutely!

Sad but true :(
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Have you guys called your credit card companies and disputed this? I think the salt on the wound is the fact that I saw someone said the 10 Club said to keep trying to get through but when people did, they had more charges showing up. This goes way beyond them bitching out on the big bold and free thing. Now they are actually defrauding people out of money.

Charges and authorizations are two different things. No defrauding of people out of their money has taken place.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    Most banks if not all offer taking the charge off in order to dispute the charge but banks nor credit cards will dispute charges until they have actually posted into the account, pending authorizations are just that so they won't dispute them until they are actual charges.

It kinda sucks though that a lot of this pending authorizations happened after the main sale, since those links were still up even though the tickets were SOLD OUT long before and many people like me saw a buy button tried it and ended up with nothing but holding funds :(
    I agree that they should have been deleted. They usually are. In fact they were today, but reappeared, which is how I was actually able to get SD. The whole thing today was just strange. As I said in another thread, I have no trouble with not being able to get tickets due to availability, but having to refresh for three hours and having people being able to think they are available when they are not is just crazy. So sorry you didn't get tickets btw. Hope you do end up with some though. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    and I'm sure 10C wont be calling banks and credit cards to get funds released though...
    But why shouldn't I expect that? If anyone in this fucking band or fan club has an ounce of integrity they should do whatever it takes to fix this ASAP. If that means Ed's ass is on the phone calling to get charges reversed then so be it. Rule #1 of a fan club should be DON'T FUCK YOUR FANS. Even if it's not intentionally.
  • Options
    But why shouldn't I expect that? If anyone in this fucking band or fan club has an ounce of integrity they should do whatever it takes to fix this ASAP. If that means Ed's ass is on the phone calling to get charges reversed then so be it. Rule #1 of a fan club should be DON'T FUCK YOUR FANS. Even if it's not intentionally.

I dont disagree with you at all, I was just saying that it wont happen.

Like wolfbear was saying, its not about not getting tickets but the way things have unfolded with people having their money tied up, some people with their bank accounts tied up and other with credit cards tied up which they need for Friday and hope they will get the funds released...

As I was saying earlier in another thread, I was dreading this sale since it was announced and I remember when buying tix was fun and lately even with the 2006 sale and the temporarily outta stock and refreshing, same with posters, the experience of getting any hard tickets or limited stuff has turned into a real stressing process not fun anymore... I'm surprised how not having these tkts hasn't really bothered me that much this time around, I guess I'm over it?

I hope I have better luck with TM on Friday.
  • Options
    any overdraft fees you incur will be your responsibility.
    to diffuse any such situation, the band will match those fees for a donation to the WM3 Legal Defense fund.
  • Options
    St.KittsAP wrote:
    any overdraft fees you incur will be your responsibility.
    to diffuse any such situation, the band will match those fees for a donation to the WM3 Legal Defense fund.

Did the 10 Club say this?
  • Options
    It still amazes me that people act like they did not know this is what happens. You guys know that getting tickets through the 10C to a high demand show that these things are going to happen:

1. SERVER IS BOUND TO CRASH!

PJ/ED + Limited Venues + Crazed Pearl Jam Fans = SERVER DOWN!!

2. Nothing is guaranteed until you get the CONGRATULATIONS page. Having them in your cart does not mean you are going to get them why? See #1 again!

3. Your credit card will have "pending" chargers on it that will take a few days to clear. So if you do not have enough funds in your account or credit card don't bother. Why? See #1 again.

4. E-mailing, calling, and bitching to the 10C is not going to get you anywhere. They are not going to say OKAY here are some tickets; sorry for the inconvenience. Why? See #1 yet AGAIN!

5. There's a chance that you will get shut out of the tickets! It has nothing to do with YOU or 10C; you are competing for tickets against hundreds if not thousands of other 10C members. Tickets are limited which means.... YOU MIGHT NOT GET ANY!!! Why? SEE #1 AGAIN!!

Going into these sales you know these things are bound to happen. So why on earth do people complain every time?? Did we not learn anything from the VIC fiasco?!?!?!? If you are going to get upset and complain maybe you shouldn't try getting tickets next time.

I'm not saying this is a good process or a fair process but this is the way things are. So we need to deal with the consequences of it. You need to be prepared for the worst. You know?

Just my 2 cents.

With that said I might have some extra L.A. F-it you people don't deserve them! :p You 10C bashers!! ;) I kid, I kid, :D

No wonder I hardly post here anymore.
    EvilClosetMonkey is my hero, he is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Options
    It still amazes me that people act like they did not know this is what happens. You guys know that getting tickets through the 10C to a high demand show that these things are going to happen:

2. Nothing is guaranteed until you get the CONGRATULATIONS page. Having them in your cart does not mean you are going to get them why? See #1 again!

3. Your credit card will have "pending" chargers on it that will take a few days to clear. So if you do not have enough funds in your account or credit card don't bother. Why? See #1 again.

4. E-mailing, calling, and bitching to the 10C is not going to get you anywhere. They are not going to say OKAY here are some tickets; sorry for the inconvenience. Why? See #1 yet AGAIN!

5. There's a chance that you will get shut out of the tickets! It has nothing to do with YOU or 10C; you are competing for tickets against hundreds if not thousands of other 10C members. Tickets are limited which means.... YOU MIGHT NOT GET ANY!!! Why? SEE #1 AGAIN!!

Going into these sales you know these things are bound to happen. So why on earth do people complain every time?? Did we not learn anything from the VIC fiasco?!?!?!? If you are going to get upset and complain maybe you shouldn't try getting tickets next time.

I'm not saying this is a good process or a fair process but this is the way things are. So we need to deal with the consequences of it. You need to be prepared for the worst. You know?

Just my 2 cents.

With that said I might have some extra L.A. F-it you people don't deserve them! :p You 10C bashers!! ;) I kid, I kid, :D

Yep, most of us know all of that, but today was a bit different.
    Strange is all I can say. Reappearing links to tickets and then links that won't go away. :) Very strange indeed. Made for a very stressful and "entertaining" day to say the least. :)
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Yep, most of us know all of that, but today was a bit different.
    Strange is all I can say. Reappearing links to tickets and then links that won't go away. :) Very strange indeed. Made for a very stressful and "entertaining" day to say the least. :)

That happened for the VIC too. Links appeared... when tickets were sold out you were still getting the "BUY" button. I think the VIC was more entertaining! :D But I agree it's always strange, never a dull ticket sale here at the 10C!
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    That happened for the VIC too. Links appeared... when tickets were sold out you were still getting the "BUY" button. I think the VIC was more entertaining! :D But I agree it's always strange, never a dull ticket sale here at the 10C!

I agree, but you think they would have learned by now and addressed the problem. This has been going on since August 05 when they sold tix to the Wachovia show in Philly through the website and the same problems happened.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203

That was me.

And my conversation went something like this.

Gen: Hi I have charges pending on my CC. Does this mean I have tickets or not?

10C: This doesn not mean you have tickets Im sorry.

Gen: Well if you can see that they are going through why dont I have them?

10C: because this is just your CC authorising the process.

Gen: So do I keep trying? I got through when they went on sale and since then everything has crashed.

10C: K, whats your name.

Gen: I give my stuff....

10C there are no tickets in your profile, Im sorry you dont have tickets.

Gen: This sucks... K do I keep trying?

10C: Yes, which show do you want?

Gen: VAncouver.

10C: I see the Vancouver show up right now so try getting in...

Gen: Trying and wont work, wont work, wont work...

10C: Just keep trying and trying until you get through.
    I can see the Vancouver show up right now you will get through.

Gen: Ok thank you

Well we all know what happens after that.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options

Just my 2 cents.

Im ok with all these bullets you posted... that's why I'm not crushed about the tix, I will try Friday ..

BUT what I do think is fucked up is that even 7 hours later they have links to shit that's already SOLD OUT!!! and allowing people without any type of warning that this BUY buttons are bogus and will not get you any tickets and all you will do is tie up your funds... now that I dont think people expected nor do I think they deserve....
  • Options
    Luckily, I think, I didn't try for Vic tix. I had jury duty so wasn't available. Today was enough for me. :)
  • Options
    Im ok with all these bullets you posted... that's why I'm not crushed about the tix, I will try Friday ..

BUT what I do think is fucked up is that even 7 hours later they have links to shit that's already SOLD OUT!!! and allowing people without any type of warning that this BUY buttons are bogus and will not get you any tickets and all you will do is tie up your funds... now that I dont think people expected nor do I think they deserve....
    Amen sister. Exactly what happened to me. I tried for over an hour at work to get tix with no luck. Then I got home around 5:15 and just thought I'd check it out. I clicked each show a couple of times just to see if I could "get lucky" well, I got fucked, which wasn't exactly "lucky" in this sense. Who'd of thunk there'd be LA 2 tix available over six hours after the onsale? Goddamn I'm a moron.
  • Options

I agree with you. They should say "TICKETS SOLD OUT REGARDLESS OF THE BUY BUTTON..." etc. That is not fair like you said. However, they don't. They always do this so, we should learn from the past on how they handle things. Again, it's not perfect nor fair but this is how it is.