Options

How many of you sent complaints?

jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
edited February 2008 in The Porch
I did. I'm just pissed because I had the tickets and put in my credit card and hit submit, but still they disappeared. How many other people sent emails? A lot would be my guess.
"There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jordn6971 wrote:
    I did. I'm just pissed because I had the tickets and put in my credit card and hit submit, but still they disappeared. How many other people sent emails? A lot would be my guess.

I almost did. But I kept trying and after almost an hour I got them. :)
  • Options
    exact same thing happened to me, four times. I was charged twice. I emailed, but was very cordial about it. Just wanted to know for sure if I got tickets or not.
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • Options
    I almost did. But I kept trying and after almost an hour I got them. :)

Yeah unfortunately I had final exams today so I couldn't try for hours and hours.
  • Options
    jordn6971 wrote:
    Yeah unfortunately I had final exams today so I couldn't try for hours and hours.

Just took me one very long hour to get them. :D

Hope the exams went well.
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    jordn6971 wrote:

same boat... i thought i had them locked in... and i lost them... i was so pissed off...i dont know what sending a note would do...just the way of the world...
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    Just took me one very long hour to get them. :D

Hope the exams went well.

Not the first one i had. This ticket fiasco caused me to be 45 minutes late and I had to stay 30 minutes extra than we were allowed to finish. Luckily my professor likes me and loved Into the Wild
  • Options
    NYbenben wrote:
    same boat... i thought i had them locked in... and i lost them... i was so pissed off...i dont know what sending a note would do...just the way of the world...

Yeah I don't expect them to say sorry and just give me a pair. I just had to speak my peace.
  • Options
    I just sent an email. Not so much as a complaint but as a, "Tell me whether or not I got tickets and if NOT then fucking get the hold off my funds." But I'm pissed. I was debating whether or not I could afford this right now anyway and now they fucking have my money and I got shit.
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    jordn6971 wrote:

I did not. I figure unless they announce that they are updating their server why should there be any different result for when a small amount of something goes on sale to such a large pool of people? I ended up getting tickets to two shows after an hour of trying and being charged for others I will never receive. But such is life I guess. I'm happy for what I got and feel bad for those that weren't able to secure seats.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    I even called a nice lady at my credit card company and discussed antelope hunting in Wyoming, before I even asked her to look at my account and verify that I was indeed a winner. She said "yep" in that sweet Texan accent and wished me a swell time at my concert. Hope she sleeps well tonight.

Smile, it could be worse.

And why did my thread about the CryBaby towels get locked. I think its a funny little dity if I do say so myself.

I'm not bitter. Not as broke now either.

Have Fun In LA guys!!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    I sent a message inquiring about the extra pending charges, and was only told the charges will dissappear in 3-5 days. I will however have to pay my bank any fees for bouncing/overdrafting - and that also prevented me from getting LA tickets i had in my cart because my card was rejected.

I know 10c is working hard to make everyone happy, but things like this should not happen. I cant even go to the grocery store now bacause my account is drained....yes I am very poor......
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    jaamfaan wrote:
    I even called a nice lady at my credit card company and discussed antelope hunting in Wyoming, before I even asked her to look at my account and verify that I was indeed a winner. She said "yep" in that sweet Texan accent and wished me a swell time at my concert. Hope she sleeps well tonight.

Smile, it could be worse.

And why did my thread about the CryBaby towels get locked. I think its a funny little dity if I do say so myself.

I'm not bitter. Not as broke now either.

Have Fun In LA guys!!

I thought the towel bit was pretty funny.
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    jordn6971 wrote:

I sent a few emails, just asking questions, not complaining. I have purchased quite a few tickets from Tenclub and if I got as far as entering my credit card info,I always scored! This morning I was very confused.
    Is it really the end if they hold the funds but don't send a confirmation? Now I will lose sleep worrying ..what if funds are not available Friday when I go to Ticketbeast? Good luck all!
    Peace
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    bgirl59 wrote:
    I sent a few emails, just asking questions, not complaining. I have purchased quite a few tickets from Tenclub and if I got as far as entering my credit card info,I always scored! This morning I was very confused.
    Is it really the end if they hold the funds but don't send a confirmation? Now I will lose sleep worrying ..what if funds are not available Friday when I go to Ticketbeast? Good luck all!
    Peace

I have the same worry... I have a credit card that I dont use for anything else I guess I could use that one in the worst case scenario... but I would really like to use the one I used today with 10C but I have $432 on hold... I'm really hoping those get released by Friday :(
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    The problem with Pearl Jam's Ten Club is :

1. Don't have a 1-800 for complaints.
    2. Have everyone e-mail the club.
    3. Have the Moderators assist people who are having trouble with the actual on sales.
    4. Set up a chat room for on sales so if there are technical problems that can be answered.
    5. Have a internet sale website that if you submit payment and you are charged for the amount of the tickets, you clearly purchase tickets. Somehow the program for the website is either out of date and/or can't handle the amount of traffic used for big time sales for hardcore fans.

If Ten Club can't afford to handle this, then raise our memberships so that we can have some help with these on sales. I'm not trying to lash out at the club but I think that the club can look at other fan club models and fix these problems. I believe that us Ten Club members can afford double or triple the amount of what the membership costs which is $20 now.

Hopefully someone at Ten Club can look at this. I am not being an hypocrite because I was able to get tickets. I was charged for Santa Cruz and I thought I got tickets. It took me an hour and a half to look at my profile to see if I had the purchase on my profile. I didn't have it on my profile so I went back and was luckily able to purchase tickets again for Santa Cruz and get tickets for LA 2 which appeared immediately on my profile.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    I sent a Thank You!!! :)
    “Peace is not something you wish for; It's something you make, Something you do, Something you are, And it is something you give away.”
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,624
    So how do you know if you got tickets or not?
    I'm in the same boat, I think. I got SC in my cart, put in c/c info, submit,error.
    I called Visa they said 10C charged
    Do I have tickets?
  • Options
    Super_Fan wrote:
    The problem with Pearl Jam's Ten Club is :

1. Don't have a 1-800 for complaints.

They do have a phone number for complaints, questions, etc its an 800 number too and a live person answers the phone, its been listed on their site for quite sometime now.
  • Options
    URthekey wrote:
    I'm in the same boat, I think. I got SC in my cart, put in c/c info, submit,error.
    Do I have tickets?

Lots of people got to that same stage and then errored out. If the process completed and you got tickets then you should have an email confirmation and they should be showing in your 10C profile.
    michelle

power to the peaceful
  • Options
    URthekey wrote:
    Do I have tickets?

Check your profile, if they are on your profile, then you are good to go.
    If they are not on your profile, then you are one of the many like me with an authorization pending and no tickets :(
  • Options
    i wouldnt waste my fucking time sending them a complaint.....

im pretty sure they already know exactly how i fucking feel....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

I'm with you speedy. Not that that makes a fucking difference. I've had a complaint here and there about 10C but I've never wanted to say "fuck you" to them like I want to now. I realize the great things they've done and do for fans. WAY better than any other fanclub IMHO. BUT...when I'm as strapped for cash as I am right now, why shouldn't I treat them like any other company that ties up my funds with absolutely NOTHING in return? They have GOT TO FIX THIS SHIT.
  • Options
    I'm with you speedy. Not that that makes a fucking difference. I've had a complaint here and there about 10C but I've never wanted to say "fuck you" to them like I want to now. I realize the great things they've done and do for fans. WAY better than any other fanclub IMHO. BUT...when I'm as strapped for cash as I am right now, why shouldn't I treat them like any other company that ties up my funds with absolutely NOTHING in return? They have GOT TO FIX THIS SHIT.
    i would love to know just how much money has been drained from peoples accounts....without getting tickets....

money that they will not get back for 3-5 days.....
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    I sent an email.
    Called 10c
    called agian later
    and then emailed back to them for further questions after they emailed me.
    I still have many questions.
    I hpe they return my email.
    I am so sad and dissapointed.
    Just wish they would honour the people that have pending on thier cards.
    Obviously we can all prouve we had tickets in hand.
    After that its not our fault.
    It was first come first serve.

Honour the tickets.
    Thats all we ask
    I dont know how you would do that but thats what should be done.
    Its like a really mean trick.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    Wow, this all sounds like quite a quagmire. I'm so poor-ass that I would not have been able to get tickets if I tried. Those of you who managed to get tickets, have a great time. Hopefully he'll add some more dates.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    i would love to know just how much money has been drained from peoples accounts....without getting tickets....

money that they will not get back for 3-5 days.....

Ive mentioned this a couple times in other threads, but my pending charges are $141.50 x 5 = 707.50 - to be refunded in 3-5 days (which means im gonna be SOL on FRI for tickmaster)

on top of that, I might be charged $36.00 overdraft fee for those that went over my balance; yes i should have been more financially prepared, but a few days wasnt enough for me to scrounge up a few hundred. So I might be out another $180 ($36.00 x 5) - Im not 100% yet, I talked to my bank and they are researching. this is very frustrating - I am in LA since this weekend, had to stay til today to try and get tix, and now i have no gas or money to get back to Oakland.......time to dig for change underneath the seats i guess.

It just sucks that everyone that this happened to were people waiting around since early to get these tix, and shut out of tix in this manner. Im not putting the blame on 10c, as there are way too many factors that contributed to this outcome - and im sure they do their best to accomodate every 10c member
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options

And we both know they don't care... :)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    ZAPPER wrote:
    Ive mentioned this a couple times in other threads, but my pending charges are $141.50 x 5 = 707.50 - to be refunded in 3-5 days (which means im gonna be SOL on FRI for tickmaster)

on top of that, I might be charged $36.00 overdraft fee for those that went over my balance; yes i should have been more financially prepared, but a few days wasnt enough for me to scrounge up a few hundred. So I might be out another $180 ($36.00 x 5) - Im not 100% yet, I talked to my bank and they are researching. this is very frustrating - I am in LA since this weekend, had to stay til today to try and get tix, and now i have no gas or money to get back to Oakland.......time to dig for change underneath the seats i guess.

It just sucks that everyone that this happened to were people waiting around since early to get these tix, and shut out of tix in this manner. Im not putting the blame on 10c, as there are way too many factors that contributed to this outcome - and im sure they do their best to accomodate every 10c member
    can the 10club be held responsible for those overdraft fees???

holding peoples money for 3-5 days and not providing any type of service(no tickets).....seems illegal to me...

right???
  • Options
    ZAPPER wrote:
    Im not putting the blame on 10c, as there are way too many factors that contributed to this outcome - and im sure they do their best to accomodate every 10c member

Well you should... how many internet retailers would still be in business if they "accidentally" authorized people's cards multiple times EVERY time a high demand product went on sale?

ANSWER : NONE, this is not the way to do business or take care of your most loyal customers. It is total BULLSHIT that they cannot contact their merchant account to reverse those authorizations. You know why they don't? Because more than likely their merchant account holder charges a fee every time you reverse an authorization or charge...

They don't change the system because they don't have to, tickets still sell out and people get fucked over. No matter to Ten Club... they are just doing their job, make money for the band.

I have to wonder if the band truly knows how incompetent ten club management is... I have to believe that they don't...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    ZAPPER wrote:

Ok well I have something to add to this.

I actually phoned 10c during this whole stupid mess.
    And I was told over the phone to keep trying and trying.
    So whos fault is it that you have been charged?
    I would say its the fault of the club.
    You should get your extra charges paid back by 10c.
    If thier equipment was running properly this would not have happened.

Do we really need a "swim at your own risk" sticky up before an event saying: If you are attempting to purchase through us please be aware that you might incure 5 times the actual amount in the frenzy we cuase trying to create buzz.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...