2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    I will take Oceans.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,880
    I Believe In Miracles
  • Options
    Damn it -- Down, Masters of War, Oceans, and Life Wasted were all going to be my next pick at some point or another. :(

I guess I'll go with Strangest Tribe instead.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    ALONE
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    NO WAY
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    NO WAY

Nice! I was going to take this next!
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    NO WAY

Nice! I was going to take this next!
    I was kinda surprised it lasted this long. Almost picked it before Low Light.

So far, all my picks have come the way I wanted it. :shock:
    But I missed out on some really good Lost Dogs tracks and also especially the Ten tracks.
  • Options
    SammyK14SammyK14 Posts: 287
    severed hand and education!
    5 years of Jam...

06: Pittsburgh
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Bonnaroo, DC
    EV (second row!!!!!!) in DC
    09: Philly 2 & 3
    10: Newark
  • Options
    Ok well, now we will wait for olderman and AtlantaJammer to catch up.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    If you don't mind, I'd like to make a couple suggestions about the actual tournament:

1) It's probably best to NOT allow the participants to vote on match-ups. I know it's just a silly game, but allowing us to vote opens the door for people voting for the worst setlist in order to have less competition, or voting against someone as retalation for being voted against by that person, etc.

2) That said, I would recommend setting the match-ups and making a separate thread for each one. I'm pretty confident that we could get a decent amount of non-participants to vote as long as it's easy. The easiest way is just to make a separate thread for each match-up; that way, all the voter has to do is open the thread and decide on that single match-up, rather than having to consider 8 different match-ups all at once.

3) Set the match-ups in some way that is random. Obviously, there's no seeding here, so randomly is the only way that is fair.

That's it.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    I agree about random draw for who's matched up against who, but I'd vote no for us not being able to vote (meaning I wanna vote). I don't think ppl will vote against someone becuase they didn't vote for them, especially if you had the votes hidden.

One thing I was always unsure of is how is the question going to be posed? For me there's a huge difference between "pick your favorite song" and "what's the best live song?"
  • Options
    Yeah I was going to just put all the teams into random.org and then hit random and then go 1 vs 16 2 vs 15 3 vs 14 etc etc.

As for voting, I'm not sure that only having non participants vote will work, there may not be enough interest. I was going to set the voting up for 2 or 4 match ups at a time so its not too overwhelming. personally, I want to vote, half the fun is voting on the best teams, I would hope in the interest of fairness people would vote on the best teams, or teams with the songs they like the most, but you are right there is a lot of strategic voting.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    It's a catch 22...YES!!! I always wanted to say that!!

Well, I agree that it is fun to vote but we all want to win and some of us may not vote on the better setlist because of it. I say EW should decide, he is the creator of the game....I'm cool either way.
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    What does everyone else think? You are the people who are making this what it is, so lets hear from you.
    I really want to vote though and I think everyone else does too. There is just no way to enforce "honest" voting so you have to hope that people will vote for the best team and not who they don't want to face.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    the pressure is on you EW!..j/k
    but i do think there will be interest because everyone loves their songs aaannd..if u have time to kill lookin around this board this topic is always active..just sayin
  • Options
    A thread should be started to gauge interest in voting by non-participants maybe?
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Red Lukin2Red Lukin2 Posts: 108
    edited February 2009
    Oh I just realized the voting was my list vs say your list. For some reason I thought it was just 2 songs at a time. I know this would take forever, but thougth that's how it was. I better start picking good songs :?

Edit: for some reason I thought we were going to do a poll. I guess we don't have polls here?
    Post edited by Red Lukin2 on
  • Options
    Just give a brief statement about your vote and/or do track match ups...I think that should do justice.
    for example:
    Team/Player A vs Team/Player B
    Draft track #1 > Draft track #1 Team A's track is my favorite opener
    Draft track #2 < Draft track #2 Not a fan of Team A's second pick, heard it too many times. Bores me to death
    Draft track #3 = Draft track #3 These two equals out. I love 'em both
    ...and so forth.

EW said there will only 2 or 4 match ups at a time so it won't be to much of a hassle.
  • Options
    A thread should be started to gauge interest in voting by non-participants maybe?

I knew you would come up with a great idea!! Start a thread and see if there is any interest from other board members who are not playing to see if they would like to vote 8-)
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    I don't think we should put song against song though...that would take to long. Your group of songs vs someone else's.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, it is your group vs the other person groups, not one at a time.

LongRd. has a pretty good handle on how you should vote.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    BTW, it was good that the thread had more discussion than just the picks and game rules itself.

Good to see people discussing about live shows in relation to the draft songs.

Yes, EW got my point on the votes. Just some details why you think that group of songs should win over the other. Using a song match up in your voting process is just an example.
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    PJRock75 wrote:

I knew you would come up with a great idea!! Start a thread and see if there is any interest from other board members who are not playing to see if they would like to vote 8-)
    I think we should start that thread. I always enjoyed voting on stuff like this on the old board. I'm pretty sure people will be interested.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    25 Minutes To Go
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    Red Lukin2 wrote:
    Oh I just realized the voting was my list vs say your list. For some reason I thought it was just 2 songs at a time. I know this would take forever, but thougth that's how it was. I better start picking good songs :?

Edit: for some reason I thought we were going to do a poll. I guess we don't have polls here?

hey lukin is your profile pic from bonnaroo..it eerily resembles one i took pre-pj :D

bonnaroo62.jpg
    my buddy in the background is experiencing something that im sure is unexplainable
  • Options
    CC279494 wrote:
    Red Lukin2 wrote:

hey lukin is your profile pic from bonnaroo..it eerily resembles one i took pre-pj :D

bonnaroo62.jpg
    my buddy in the background is experiencing something that im sure is unexplainable

Yea I believe it was taken during the Drive-by Truckers show. I spent the batter half of Friday afternoon at the Which stage. DBT-Umphrey's Mcgee-Les Claypool..what a great afternoon!

Gotta love Les - as they say Les is more - th_IMG_0824.jpg
  • Options
    i didn't realize i jumped in front of so many ppl to make my picks...if anyone who was supposed to go before me wants one of my tracks let me know, i'd be happy to swap
    5 years of Jam...

• Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    Les rocks! I saw Primus at Outside Lands in San Francisco last Summer.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    As far as a possible format for this, I was thinking it would be cool to set up our 8 songs like a "mini set list" and vote on it like that. But I'm cool with all of the ideas proposed
    5 years of Jam...