Options

Super Deluxe Edition Cheaper @ BestBuy??

BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
edited February 2009 in The Porch
Just saw there is a pre-rder for this on BestBuy.com for $124.99. You also get a code for 3 free downloadable songs for Rock Band. Alive (live), State of Love and Trust (live), and Brother (studio). I already ordered mine through the TenClub, just thought this was interesting......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    no chance at it being signed if that matters to you
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,017
    exaclty. And for some strange reason, I really believe that ALL of the PREORDERS will be signed. Maybe it's more of a hope thing, but I have that strange feeling.

And it's not like those codes won't be leaked all over the internet anyway 8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    LukinFan wrote:
    exaclty. And for some strange reason, I really believe that ALL of the PREORDERS will be signed. Maybe it's more of a hope thing, but I have that strange feeling.

Ooooh...I hope you're right about the preorders getting signed. It makes sense...like a love letter to a fan base dedicated enough to buy Ten twice to hear some remastering and get some sweet goodies.

I can't wait for it to arrive.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    I thought it was just the studio album that was being released on Rock Band. This is interesting...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    Correct me if I am wrong, but in Canada Bestbuy.ca would ding you for tax and a ship charge which would put you over the $140 anyway - figuring in the $30 shipping 10c is charging to send it here and the USD exchange, I am sure it'll be cheaper to source it locally here, but the premium is well worth it for me knowing (a) as much $$$ as possible is going to the band and (b) the chance of it being signed by a band member. (b) is priceless to me, so a few bucks here or there is absolutely a no brainer.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,443
    If you add sales tax and shipping, you are not really saving any $$. Better to buy from 10C, so the band makes more $$. Why support a big box store? If you want to buy retail, buy from an indie record store.
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Washed wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

Ooooh...I hope you're right about the preorders getting signed. It makes sense...like a love letter to a fan base dedicated enough to buy Ten twice to hear some remastering and get some sweet goodies.

I can't wait for it to arrive.

According to Tenclub they will have all the guys in there on 1 day and they will sign as many as they can while they are there.....I hope I get one signed that would be soooo sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :shock:
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    silver39 wrote:
    According to Tenclub they will have all the guys in there on 1 day and they will sign as many as they can while they are there.....I hope I get one signed that would be soooo sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :shock:

where did you hear this?

i am under the impression it is limited and random. maybe its limited to the amount the guys can sign in one sitting? hahaha
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,017
    silver39 wrote:

where did you hear this?
    someone had emailed the 10Club and this was their response.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    LukinFan wrote:

I hope your right. But if, for the sake of argument, 5,000 people pre- order this, I doubt that every member would sign 1,000 boxes. But I agree they will give it their best and sign as many as they can.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,220
    BrainOfJHA wrote:
    Just saw there is a pre-rder for this on BestBuy.com for $124.99. You also get a code for 3 free downloadable songs for Rock Band. Alive (live), State of Love and Trust (live), and Brother (studio). I already ordered mine through the TenClub, just thought this was interesting......
    I'd rather pay the Fan Club than the Best Buy. Even if it means I spend and extra 15 bucks.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    edited February 2009
    I hope these bad boys are all signed. I have a huge sports memorabilia room and I'm clearing out an area and having a bar put in this summer. This stuff along with some framed posters is gonna be fuckin awesome displayed around the bar. Just think if they do this for every album :shock:

The re-mixed version of the songs from Ten are just not something I'm freaking out to hear though. That interview with Ed were he said he and Jeff wanted to make it something special for the fans, is very much appreciated. All that extra stuff makes it well worth the money.
    Post edited by Surf Rider on
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,432
    the thing is, you buy it through Best Buy and the band doesnt get all the moola. You buy it through the site and they get a bigger cut. It sounds stupid, but with piracy rampant, its important to support bands, especially our favorites, whenever we can. Little things like going through 10c instead of a distributer is a great way to do that, especially when the price isn't that much different. just my thoughts...
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    amazon have it for the same price as ten club, but for us overseas people the $50 shipping from 10C is a bit steep.

amazons shipping is only $8, why the fuck is 10C's $50??? everything i've ordered from amazon comes packed way better then anything i've ordered from 10C.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    quote]
    I'd rather pay the Fan Club than the Best Buy. Even if it means I spend and extra 15 bucks.[/quote]

Sharp post!
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    go prego pre Posts: 651
    nuzzer1 wrote:
    the thing is, you buy it through Best Buy and the band doesnt get all the moola. You buy it through the site and they get a bigger cut. It sounds stupid, but with piracy rampant, its important to support bands, especially our favorites, whenever we can. Little things like going through 10c instead of a distributer is a great way to do that, especially when the price isn't that much different. just my thoughts...
    so, you order it through ten club, and 5 (the band members) to 20 (their cronies) people benefit. why let the rich get richer? order online and spread the wealth: in this time of economic uncertainty, put your money into the hands of the many, rather than into the hands of the few, who don't really need it anyway.

disclaimer: i may or may not know of what i write. it sounded good at the moment, but might sound like shit later. personally, i ordered mine through the ten club, even though i knew a cheaper version would come around like it always does. best of luck, my friends.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    to add to the signing speculation, i also think all the pre-orders will be signed, but only by one member and not all. the randomness will be who signed your copy not if its signed.
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options
    gfraser wrote:
    to add to the signing speculation, i also think all the pre-orders will be signed, but only by one member and not all. the randomness will be who signed your copy not if its signed.

sucks if you get mat's

he wasn't even on ten.

actually is he gonna be signing them??
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,432
    go pre wrote:
    nuzzer1 wrote:
    so, you order it through ten club, and 5 (the band members) to 20 (their cronies) people benefit. why let the rich get richer? order online and spread the wealth: in this time of economic uncertainty, put your money into the hands of the many, rather than into the hands of the few, who don't really need it anyway.

disclaimer: i may or may not know of what i write. it sounded good at the moment, but might sound like shit later. personally, i ordered mine through the ten club, even though i knew a cheaper version would come around like it always does. best of luck, my friends.

while i agree with your spreading thoughts - i also think that it is the artists that are hurt most by piracy. yes, places like best buy are hurt, but they sustain selling other products and reallocating a good deal of their products where the money is - i.e. computers etc. been to a best buy lately? they aren't stupid - the cd section is half the size it once was. now, the 5 you mention are the ones getting hurt by the piracy. so while piracy isn't the issue - we should help the artists as much as possible.
  • Options
    go prego pre Posts: 651
    nuzzer1 wrote:
    go pre wrote:
    nuzzer1 wrote:

while i agree with your spreading thoughts - i also think that it is the artists that are hurt most by piracy. yes, places like best buy are hurt, but they sustain selling other products and reallocating a good deal of their products where the money is - i.e. computers etc. been to a best buy lately? they aren't stupid - the cd section is half the size it once was. now, the 5 you mention are the ones getting hurt by the piracy. so while piracy isn't the issue - we should help the artists as much as possible.
    but don't band's make most of their money through touring? i would almost think that even ordering through ten club, sony/epic takes a big chunk, and pj gets the same amount no matter where it's purchased. might as well watch out for your own wallet.

also, this is pearl jam, not some guys playing and selling their discs in a local tavern who are trying to figure out how they'll pay next month's rent. i think pj will be ok just knowing you are listening to and loving their songs.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    If you add sales tax and shipping, you are not really saving any $$. Better to buy from 10C, so the band makes more $$. Why support a big box store? If you want to buy retail, buy from an indie record store.

Exactly, when I order something from bestbuy.com, I get dinged for not only shipping, but also sales tax. So in the end, it would probably cost the same ordering direct from 10C.
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • Options
    FoxyMopFoxyMop Posts: 303
    I would like to know if the 3 extra downloads will be available to us who ordered through 10C? I want SOLAT!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,083
    FoxyMop wrote:
    I would like to know if the 3 extra downloads will be available to us who ordered through 10C? I want SOLAT!

Last pm I got from SLH is that they are checking things out and will get back to me! :)
    I don't mind paying through 10club to get the code to downloaded these extra downloads.

Laura, are you on Xbox Live? My gamertag is demetrios1
    Haven't been on Live for a while. But when Ten comes out ..
    OH MAMA!!!

band4.gif
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    FoxyMop wrote:

Last pm I got from SLH is that they are checking things out and will get back to me! :)
    I don't mind paying through 10club to get the code to downloaded these extra downloads.

OH MAMA!!!

band4.gif

Hellz yeah I am. I'm a total gamer girl :ugeek: My gamertag is Foxy Mop X What instruments do you play? We can band together :geek:

I really hope we'll have access to the extra DLC's.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,083
    FoxyMop wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    FoxyMop wrote:

OH MAMA!!!

band4.gif

Hellz yeah I am. I'm a total gamer girl :ugeek: My gamertag is Foxy Mop X What instruments do you play? We can band together :geek:

I really hope we'll have access to the extra DLC's.

Bass & Guitar! Would love to do vocals Live!

serenade.gif

gamer girl? my kind of style! 8-)
    will sign you up once I get online with the xbox!
  • Options
    i have a feeling the 3 extra tracks would also be available through the xbox marketplace for purchase. i doubt the developers would go to all the effort of making the 3 extra tracks just for best buy. i think if you buy it from best buy you just get a code to get them for free.

hell i'd pay 1000 MS points for brother and SOLAT.
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    I did read somewhere that it said those extra 3 songs would be available in the Xbox marketplace.
  • Options
    go pre wrote:

Sure the band is rich, but I doubt everyone working at the 10C is rich. I don't imagine Kat or Santos or the other people at the 10C get a percentage from album or ticket sales.

For me it's about supporting a small company with employees who care about their customer as opposed to a huge corporation that doesn't care.

If Best Buy doesn't sell 2000 copies, they aren't going to close stores or lay anybody off. They make money off big electronics. If 10C looses 2000 orders, it would hurt them because they are such a smaller group of people.

Also I imagine those 2000 copies ordered through the 10C, the employees could see some of that money. Buying 2000 copies at Best Buy won't spread the money to employees. It'll just give more money to the executives and owners (rich still getting richer). It's not like they say "hey Johnny. We sold 15 copies of that Pearl Jam Super Deluxe edition at our store, so you're getting a $5 bonus on your paycheck this week."

And lastly even if all the money went to the band members (rich getting richer), I trust the guys to give some of that money to charity. Would you trust the CEO of Best Buy to give to charity, or would they buy another vacation home?
  • Options
    anakin_pdx wrote:
    go pre wrote:

Sure the band is rich, but I doubt everyone working at the 10C is rich. I don't imagine Kat or Santos or the other people at the 10C get a percentage from album or ticket sales.

For me it's about supporting a small company with employees who care about their customer as opposed to a huge corporation that doesn't care.

If Best Buy doesn't sell 2000 copies, they aren't going to close stores or lay anybody off. They make money off big electronics. If 10C looses 2000 orders, it would hurt them because they are such a smaller group of people.

Also I imagine those 2000 copies ordered through the 10C, the employees could see some of that money. Buying 2000 copies at Best Buy won't spread the money to employees. It'll just give more money to the executives and owners (rich still getting richer). It's not like they say "hey Johnny. We sold 15 copies of that Pearl Jam Super Deluxe edition at our store, so you're getting a $5 bonus on your paycheck this week."

And lastly even if all the money went to the band members (rich getting richer), I trust the guys to give some of that money to charity. Would you trust the CEO of Best Buy to give to charity, or would they buy another vacation home?

great post! :)
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I am glad I bought mine through the 10C....even at about a $15 increase in price. Just knowing mine is coming straight from the band's own warehouse and possibly (hopefully) will be signed by members of the band, that makes it worth it to me. I'd rather support the band more and big box chains less in these situations if I can.