Options

YIELD Night VII- The new YIELD

Comments

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    RockKing wrote:
    NewJPage wrote:
    here's hoping for a good no way jam this coming tour...i think they know what we want ;)

Whatever you do, don't send them postcards asking them to play what you want......holy hell does that backfire.
    :D:lol: :twisted:

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    I couldn't hear the bass on my laptop speakers when they come out of the bridge there......that really made me sad.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    RockKing wrote:
    NewJPage wrote:
    here's hoping for a good no way jam this coming tour...i think they know what we want ;)

Whatever you do, don't send them postcards asking them to play what you want......holy hell does that backfire.

and you know from personal experience??? i smell a story...
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    BrainOfJD wrote:
    They sounded so fucking good then, like a rock band.

OH GOD YES.

this song is thought-provoking, challenging, fucking killer riffs, great overall delivery.

aarrggggh.
    take your money and your drugs.
  • Options
    This song kinda reminds me of a wave... in a way how the wave starts off small, then it gets taller and bigger and bigger... and then reaching it's crest...

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    NewJPage wrote:
    RockKing wrote:
    NewJPage wrote:

DON'T GO THERE.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Damn, the boy woke up....had to settle him down.

Is it his first yield night?

Also, how do I make Itunes return the songs to the right order?

PS: have I posted this 10 times?
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    NewJPage wrote:
    RockKing wrote:
    NewJPage wrote:

We organized a postcard drive for the Cincy show in 2006....made stock postcards that everyone could print out and send in to the band asking them to please play a bunch of YIELD for us.

We got Wishlist.

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Options
    This song kinda reminds me of a wave... in a way how the wave starts off small, then it gets taller and bigger and bigger... and then reaching it's crest...

PBM

AWWW.

this music means something still, huh?
  • Options
    meme wrote:

I think it does that if you try to post too quickly in succession.

Try turning your shuffle off.
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the Seventies Nineties.
  • Options
    grace6697 wrote:
    NewJPage wrote:
    RockKing wrote:

DON'T GO THERE.
    [/quote]

well shit...now i REALLY want to know!!!! where have i been??? i feel soooo out of the loop....
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    RockKing wrote:
    NewJPage wrote:

So true, so true.

Fuckers....we still stand....

Just changed a diaper and missed all of NO WAY.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    meme wrote:

no, just once.

this board sucks. sucks. sucks.
  • Options
    RockKing wrote:

We organized a postcard drive for the Cincy show in 2006....made stock postcards that everyone could print out and send in to the band asking them to please play a bunch of YIELD for us.

We got Wishlist.

After what 10-12 songs. I seriously thought they were going to snub us out of spite. Which...in retrospect, I would have respected. ;)

PBM

• Options
    That outtro.
  • Options
    RockKing wrote:
    NewJPage wrote:
    RockKing wrote:
    ou want......holy hell does that backfire.

We got Wishlist.

sweet!!! too bad it was wishlist... ;)
  • Options
    RockKing wrote:

We got Wishlist.

...and DTE.
  • Options
    I tell this story every year, I think, but the first time I heard GTF, I was driving home from a friends house. It was late at night, freezing cold outside. I pulled my car off to the side of the road (it was a country road with no traffic), listened to the song, and then contently smiled and thought to myself, "That was amazing."

It has always stuck with me. That whole scene.

• Options
    RockKing wrote:

We got Wishlist.

After what 10-12 songs. I seriously thought they were going to snub us out of spite. Which...in retrospect, I would have respected. ;)

PBM

i am laughing so hard i have tears in my eyes.

that is so fucking spot on.
  • Options
    Not In Hiding like we got at the Vic.
  • Options
    The first thing BOB should do as producer of the new album is fire Matt Cameron.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • Options
    RockKing wrote:
    I tell this story every year, I think, but the first time I heard GTF, I was driving home from a friends house. It was late at night, freezing cold outside. I pulled my car off to the side of the road (it was a country road with no traffic), listened to the song, and then contently smiled and thought to myself, "That was amazing."

you've told us this anecdote before and i love it each time.
  • Options
    I wrote that last post while GTF was still playing, but in the midst of having to hit "submit" 50 times, the song ended and my post lost it's relevance.

Thank god for Wishlist.....gives us time to catch up, because nobody has anything interesting to say about this song ever. :)

• Options
    grace6697 wrote:
    this music means something still, huh?

Just 48:37 of pure creative greatness.

PBM

• Options
    BrainOfJD wrote:
    The first thing BOB should do as producer of the new album is fire Matt Cameron.

do you really want to go there? now?
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    RockKing wrote:

I have a similar but different story! I was up at 3am watching mtv, and the commercial came on the tv out of no where. It gave me pause, that whole car going down the highway over the landscape thing. Awesome
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    RockKing wrote:
    I wrote that last post while GTF was still playing, but in the midst of having to hit "submit" 50 times, the song ended and my post lost it's relevance.

Thank god for Wishlist.....gives us time to catch up, because nobody has anything interesting to say about this song ever. :)
    Lollerskates.
  • Options
    RockKing wrote:

Will does!!!
  • Options
    BrainOfJD wrote:

AMEN TO THAT!

• Options
    "I wish I was the verb to trust and never let you down..."

That's not bad right there.