Options

How educated is PJ?

Comments

• Options
    Jeff went to college for a year or two, majoring in the arts

I think Ed dropped out of high school, and I think Stone had a degree
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    ok, forget I ever asked......:( sorry to offend so many with my question...I won't ask it again
  • Options
    SwanSwan Posts: 350
    Spinbrett wrote:
    ok, forget I ever asked......:( sorry to offend so many with my question...I won't ask it again

good.
    I'm the only Hell Mama ever raised.
  • Options
    heheh i thought it was a fine question. the fanboys leap to the band's defense at a moments notice.
  • Options
    Swan wrote:
    good.

Dude what the fuck is your problem? The thread title may throw you off but reading his post shouldn't. Maybe YOU should educate yourself and not throw assumptions out of no where.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Jeff went to college for a year or two, majoring in the arts

I think Ed dropped out of high school, and I think Stone had a degree

Pretty much all I've heard. Folks here are just getting over the top sensitive.

Is it the seniority issue for Eds tour? GA at Boonnarro?? Chill out ya freaks.

Message board PMS
  • Options
    Dude what the fuck is your problem? The thread title may throw you off but reading his post shouldn't. Maybe YOU should educate yourself and not throw assumptions out of no where.

i don't have a problem, the post was meant to be inflammatory. the title was actually interesting, i opened it up thinking i would learn something new but the post was worded all wrong, in a way that would suggest that he was waiting on someone to say that Pearl Jam didn't have an education beyond high school and then he would start in on some sort of tirade about them beimg hypocrites.

but that's just how i saw it. and i'm usually right about these things.
  • Options
    if you are talking about degrees only...i THINK only stone may have a bachelors...possibly jeff. i know stone did go to college, but unsure if he followed through, if pearl jam took off before that could happen. i mean, they were all pretty young when it got started, bit difficult to persue higher education AND create a great rock band. :) i believe ed has been very clear that he didn't even graduate HS? everyone else i am pretty sure did, but yes...more than likely, no higher ed degrees. who had time? :p

in regards to being truly *educated* though....i think as band they are all pretty well read/learned, and a lot more *educated* than many i know of with plenty of degrees. as many have said, education comes in many forms.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Swan wrote:
    i don't have a problem, the post was meant to be inflammatory. the title was actually interesting, i opened it up thinking i would learn something new but the post was worded all wrong, in a way that would suggest that he was waiting on someone to say that Pearl Jam didn't have an education beyond high school and then he would start in on some sort of tirade about them beimg hypocrites.

We must be crazy or over sensitive then because I took it the same way, specially after his rant about him getting banned for being rude and the double standard about it because the band is rude as well...so as I said it must just be you and me who took it that way but I think he started this thread with one intention and ended up changing his tune later when he got flammed... IMO of course.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Swan wrote:

obviously you were wrong about this

after he/she stated in their first post, as well as their second, third, fourth, and so on that he was wondering about their actual education, it is clear to say that he didn't mean it in the way you interpreted it
  • Options
    if you are talking about degrees only...i THINK only stone may have a bachelors...possibly jeff. i know stone did go to college, but unsure if he followed through, if pearl jam took off before that could happen. i mean, they were all pretty young when it got started, bit difficult to persue higher education AND create a great rock band. :) i believe ed has been very clear that he didn't even graduate HS? everyone else i am pretty sure did, but yes...more than likely, no higher ed degrees. who had time? :p

in regards to being truly *educated* though....i think as band they are all pretty well read/learned, and a lot more *educated* than many i know of with plenty of degrees. as many have said, education comes in many forms.

But Ed did "gradugate" from a higher grade than Laird... kills me..:)
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    Maybe they promote education because they know that young people value their opinions and it is wise to use the craft you are given to be able to relate messages to others that are ones with good direction.

And while I am not sure what they hold in terms of degrees, etc. I think most would agree that they have a talent, an art that is able to support them better than most people can earn performing a regular job but to do that is an exception not a norm. I can't imagine how hard it is to become a person who is able to perform their craft in ways that enable you to thrive much less become wealthy. It might be luck, timing, whatever but in the end if you don't have the talent, it all comes out in the wash, as they say........
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    We must be crazy or over sensitive then because I took it the same way, specially after his rant about him getting banned for being rude and the double standard about it because the band is rude as well...so as I said it must just be you and me who took it that way but I think he started this thread with one intention and ended up changing his tune later when he got flammed... IMO of course.

every now and then someone comes along who thinks they can do and say anything because "the band does it" or because "Pearl Jam are about free speach", they usually go away or adapt.
  • Options
    We're all crazy
    We're all crazy and we're (repeat about six times...)
    "Justice cannot be for one side alone but must be for both" Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Options
    obviously you were wrong about this

after he/she stated in their first post, as well as their second, third, fourth, and so on that he was wondering about their actual education, it is clear to say that he didn't mean it in the way you interpreted it

you should know that people will say anything to make themselves right and everyone else wrong.
  • Options
    writersu wrote:
    Maybe they promote education because they know that young people value their opinions and it is wise to use the craft you are given to be able to relate messages to others that are ones with good direction.

And while I am not sure what they hold in terms of degrees, etc. I think most would agree that they have a talent, an art that is able to support them better than most people can earn performing a regular job but to do that is an exception not a norm. I can't imagine how hard it is to become a person who is able to perform their craft in ways that enable you to thrive much less become wealthy. It might be luck, timing, whatever but in the end if you don't have the talent, it all comes out in the wash, as they say........

THIA is all very true!
    i know my father truly valued/promoted education ALWAYS...one of the most intelligent men i have ever known...and never went beyond HS. however, under different circumstances, he would've......and he still managed to makea great success of his his life personally/professionally...and he encouraged ALL his children to persue education, and my parents did all they could to make sure we had the opportunity to do so.

so absolutely...we all choose/take different lifepaths, but just because *your choice* may be different, doesn't mean you can't encourage others to do something you do value, or think is of value, etc. we can't ALL be rock stars eh? ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Swan wrote:
    every now and then someone comes along who thinks they can do and say anything because "the band does it" or because "Pearl Jam are about free speach", they usually go away or adapt.

"go away or adapt"...a sad statement, but true of MANY, MANY fans...including some here.

Swan....your snap to judge has dissappointed... and you better care!

I used to question certain issues with the band on the board but found the reactions to be so juvenile and disturbingly predictable that I just "adapted"...yaaaaa
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I post like an idiot...
    but i do have two college degrees.
    Associate's and Bachelor's
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    THIA is all very true!
    i know my father truly valued/promoted education ALWAYS...one of the most intelligent men i have ever known...and never went beyond HS. however, under different circumstances, he would've......and he still managed to makea great success of his his life personally/professionally...and he encouraged ALL his children to persue education, and my parents did all they could to make sure we had the opportunity to do so.

so absolutely...we all choose/take different lifepaths, but just because *your choice* may be different, doesn't mean you can't encourage others to do something you do value, or think is of value, etc. we can't ALL be rock stars eh? ;)

yeah, my dad had to quit school when he was 12, ( can you imagine that?) because his mom died and his younger brother was disabled and in my dad's birth order of the 8 kids, he was a good one to take care of the brother while the other kids worked or the others were a lot younger. And same here, my dad thought education was important and yet had a deep thought process that not everyone has.
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    Swan wrote:
    you're an idiot.
    th at was rude dude!
  • Options
    Kingmidget wrote:
    "go away or adapt"...a sad statement, but true of MANY, MANY fans...including some here.

Swan....your snap to judge has dissappointed... and you better care!

I used to question certain issues with the band on the board but found the reactions to be so juvenile and disturbingly predictable that I just "adapted"...yaaaaa

why should care if anyone is dissappointed? a persons dissappointment has little to no bearing on anything as far as i'm concerned.
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    LongRd. wrote:
    I post like an idiot...
    but i do have two college degree.
    Associate's and Bachelor's
    but that is atotally different discussion ;)
  • Options
    Swan wrote:

A new board THEME SONG..."ADAPTATION!"

Sung to in time with Evacuation of course..hehe
  • Options
    writersu wrote:
    yeah, my dad had to quit school when he was 12, ( can you imagine that?) because his mom died and his younger brother was disabled and in my dad's birth order of the 8 kids, he was a good one to take care of the brother while the other kids worked or the others were a lot younger. And same here, my dad thought education was important and yet had a deep thought process that not everyone has.

crazy eh?
    my dad was lucky in that he got to graduate HS....and did so with honors, even awarded a full scholarship to NYU, which he had to turn down b/c night/weekend college simply didn't exist in that time period, and he had to work and help support his immigrant family.

so absolutely....one can want and encourage in others things they would want/hope for for themselves in their own lives, in different circumstances...or just simply things they think/know would make, more than likely, better/easier/happier lives perhaps for others, and a better world for all. 'education' in all forms...always a good thing. nothing wrong with wanting/encouraging that.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Swan wrote:
    why should care if anyone is dissappointed? a persons dissappointment has little to no bearing on anything as far as i'm concerned.

Oh...well it was in jest, but really I don't care about what you feel has any bearing on anything.

"ADAPTATION!"...fav new tune

I have a Masters by the way and I'm HOT.. :)
    Although my bro barely made t through HS and hes HOT too.
  • Options
    I think stone went to "prep school" for his grade school years. (think that is in 5 against 1) ...

as for the others, no degrees all around, i believe.

I also think this is the first straight answer in this thread, which is sad ... especialy that it is coming from me.

But we're not supposed to talk about their personal lives.
    ;)
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    chinobaeza wrote:
    but that is atotally different discussion ;)
    that's true.
    it depends on your strength I guess.
    College degrees don't really make you a smart person.
    There's plenty of things I'd like to be educated on.
    Like baking cookies or designing a nice dress.
    You can't do everything.
  • Options
    I think stone went to "prep school" for his grade school years. (think that is in 5 against 1) ...

as for the others, no degrees all around, i believe.

I also think this is the first straight answer in this thread, which is sad ... especialy that it is coming from me.

But we're not supposed to talk about their personal lives.
    ;)

obviously you haven't read the thread. ;) many of us managed to stick with the thread topic and not the thread starter. the *motivations*...who cares? it's all inference. discuss the TOPIC the rest....all BS imho.

and now that you mention it, i think yea...prep school, and yes....tis the book 5 against one...i knew i read something somewhere about their education a bit anyway. btw - is this really *personal*.......? anyone can truly find out one's educational history if they truly desired. anyhooooooo......i think no matter WHAT their personal educational history or lack thereof, doesn't make a shite of difference in encouraging others to *educate* themselves...be it thru higher ed, or on your own. it's ALL good!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Well, listening to Ed's lyrics made me think that he has had training in language. I know this is off topic but people thought 2-pac was stupid and from the streets, well, he may have been from the streets, but went to a very prestigous high school that taught him shakespear(sp?) etc. Ed probably reads alot too. Sometimes its surprising to find out that rock stars have a great educational background. Thanks to those that stood up for me. I was just curious.
  • Options
    Spinbrett wrote:
    Well, listening to Ed's lyrics made me think that he has had training in language. I know this is off topic but people thought 2-pac was stupid and from the streets, well, he may have been from the streets, but went to a very prestigous high school that taught him shakespear(sp?) etc. Ed probably reads alot too. Sometimes its surprising to find out that rock stars have a great educational background. Thanks to those that stood up for me. I was just curious.
    Peter Jennings only had a 10th grade education, so there you go. :D