Options

Is Ed unhealthy?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    Ed's voice is perfect. It gives me chills everytime I hear him sing. He looks and sounds very healthy to me!
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    SENROCK! wrote:
    YES!!! lets not forget surfing!!! :D

hehe! :D Exactly! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Spinbrett wrote:
    He smokes, drinks, and doesnt eat meat. Isn't that a cocktail for bad health?
    stop posting threads, please.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Geez. You'd think a grown man in his 40's would be treated as such.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    SpinbrettSpinbrett Posts: 251
    I have read that there are certain amino acids/vitamins only found in meat. Is that true? Our bodies were made for eating meat, not just grass. His voice does sound different now. Perfect example is Hunger Strike. He doesnt sound at all like he did way back on the original.
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Spinbrett wrote:
    I have read that there are certain amino acids/vitamins only found in meat. Is that true? Our bodies were made for eating meat, not just grass. His voice does sound different now. Perfect example is Hunger Strike. He doesnt sound at all like he did way back on the original.

Probably because he's old now....voices change a bit when you get older!! I still like his voice though! :)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Red wine is good for the heart. :D
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    Red wine is good for the heart. :D

I 2nd that :)
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Well he can't scream as well, but the rest of the vocals are still perfect.

i agree, he doesn't have that intesity to his voice like he did during the vs., vitalogy ,and no code days.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    SpinbrettSpinbrett Posts: 251
    vegetarians often take supplements because they miss the amino acids in meats.
  • Options
    SilverSeedSilverSeed Posts: 336
    Plus without his smoking we wouldn't have sweet quotes like from San Diego 06:

"It's science, but I just lit my cigarette on Mike Mcready's amp."

Oh and his voice still rocks
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 513
    my 2 cents, ed's got the vitaolgy diet down pat, he'll be alive for along time.
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Options
    MoskeetoMoskeeto Posts: 14
    Spinbrett wrote:
    you can get all the required amino acids with legumes and other veggies. Smoking and drinking is pretty devastating to one's body, everyone should know that. And doing it in excess is even worse. The reason people are bringing it up is because his voice is deteriorating (which it would do regardless of the bad habits, but to a lesser degree).
    Doing the boozin and the smoking puts him at much higher risks for most cancers, but importantly esophageal and laryngeal cancers which would make it hard to earn his paycheck (or live).

/drinker
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 513
    ed's voice has been far better than it ever has been. Much more diaphragm controll as aposed to 'wind throat' of the earlier years (which i also fucking love). Now he can controll and hit much higher notes becuase of it. I don't think ed smokes or drinks as much as we think... he is a showman after all, you know.
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,181
    Ugh WHO CARES

Spinbrett, are you healthy??? Lets analyze your diet and lifestyle!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    Spinbrett wrote:

Dude, he's not a vegan.

And no, people live incredibly healty lives without eating meat.

And yeah...this thread is retarded.