Me Performing Stand-up

2»

Comments

• mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Thanks again for all of the positive feedback! Larry, as to Maui Tacos, they actually have at least three open mic nights there per week. I'm glad that people have enjoyed my material and am also happy for the constructive criticism! Thanks all!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    Thanks again for all of the positive feedback! Larry, as to Maui Tacos, they actually have at least three open mic nights there per week. I'm glad that people have enjoyed my material and am also happy for the constructive criticism! Thanks all!

Good to know, perhaps I'll pop in the next time you perform.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0hv3tvPE4I

It's been awhile so I figured I'd post another video. Had to go to the poker joke again to close after my Iphone joke died! Hope you enjoy. This video is NSFW, and as always I appreciate positive and negative feedback (and yes I know it's a zippo lighter, not zipper but the host was an hour late and as such I enjoyed an extra beverage or 3).
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    mookie9999 wrote:

It's been awhile so I figured I'd post another video. Had to go to the poker joke again to close after my Iphone joke died! Hope you enjoy. This video is NSFW, and as always I appreciate positive and negative feedback (and yes I know it's a zippo lighter, not zipper but the host was an hour late and as such I enjoyed an extra beverage or 3).

holy shit!!! where ya been
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    mookie9999 wrote:

holy shit!!! where ya been

Just a floatin' around! :)
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    mookie9999 wrote:

Cool vid!

I have some constructive criticism. The joke about Facebook and how to get Pu_ _ _ Juice out of denim, the end just pitters out with "and now I ignored her, and now she's disowned me". I think you can have a stronger finishing joke at the end of that one "and now I ignored her, and now she ignores my comments on how to please dad in bed too"... or something unexpected, and that raises the uncomfortable bar. Just an idea. :)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    not bad bud not bad at all
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    i like it. how did you get into stand-up?
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Good work my friend. I think the only thing you're missing is your own style, but you'll get there sure enough.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2

Thanks all! As to how I got into it, living in NYC explains it. I've been writing material for a long time but it took my ex-girlfriend pushing me and setting up my first gig. On any given night in New York I can perform at 3 or 4 places. In a little over a week a new girl that I'm seeing (thru connections) set up a gig in which I will get 30 minutes which will be a great experience as I will not need to be rushed to get to the punchline for a change. I'll also be able to address the crowd which I never get to do. If you or anyone reading this is at all interested I can't stress enough to just go out and do it! Wherever you live theres always someplace you can go at least once a week to perform.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• mookie9999 wrote:

Thanks all! As to how I got into it, living in NYC explains it. I've been writing material for a long time but it took my ex-girlfriend pushing me and setting up my first gig. On any given night in New York I can perform at 3 or 4 places. In a little over a week a new girl that I'm seeing (thru connections) set up a gig in which I will get 30 minutes which will be a great experience as I will not need to be rushed to get to the punchline for a change. I'll also be able to address the crowd which I never get to do. If you or anyone reading this is at all interested I can't stress enough to just go out and do it! Wherever you live theres always someplace you can go at least once a week to perform.

when's your next gig?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    mookie9999 wrote:
    So here is a video of me taken last night performing stand-up in NYC. Keep in mind a couple of things. First, it's only the 4th time I've done this. Second, I had a "bit" of liquid courage in me. Third, and most importantly, the crowd is made up of stand-up comics trying out new material and a few scattered guests. One of these guests came with me and before I went up heckled a couple of the comedians to my utter disbelief and horror. So to say the crowd didn't love me would be an understatement! Feel free to provide feedback (yes I know that I speak too fast and when I've consumed a bottle of wine in under an hour I have quite a lisp!) Positive and negative comments are welcome! Without further adieu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwtQ9W2VZk4

Practice doing your bit without saying "You know" so much. Find some alternate filler phrases.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    mookie9999 wrote:

when's your next gig?
    'Thursday in Times Square area where there will be a booking agent and I will have 7 minutes. Then a week from Tuesday in Murray Hill which is the show my friend set up where I will be headlining and doing 30 minutes with my opener doing 15. You should come to one!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

So I know it's unlikely that anyone can make it from the board but figured I would throw it out there anyways. This Tuesday at a club in NYC called Nirvana (346 Lexington Ave btw 39th/40th st) My friend and I will be doing a comedy show. It is my first headlining gig and apparently theres some pretty amazing drink specials. Show is free, and starts at 7p.m. The two of us are the only performers and if all goes well we will be meeting with the owner to discuss a weekly gig, so hopefully it goes well. I'd love to see some PJ supporters there but if not, catch me some other time! :)
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mookie9999 wrote:
    So I know it's unlikely that anyone can make it from the board but figured I would throw it out there anyways. This Tuesday at a club in NYC called Nirvana (346 Lexington Ave btw 39th/40th st) My friend and I will be doing a comedy show. It is my first headlining gig and apparently theres some pretty amazing drink specials. Show is free, and starts at 7p.m. The two of us are the only performers and if all goes well we will be meeting with the owner to discuss a weekly gig, so hopefully it goes well. I'd love to see some PJ supporters there but if not, catch me some other time! :)

planning any midnight gigs on the 19th? ;)

i'm landing at 8 :P :mrgreen:

good stuff jason...i do agree with justam about the 'you knows' :)
    Why don't I pick you up at the airport and do my act in the cab? ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mookie9999 wrote:

we're still talking comedy here, right? ;):lol:
    norm wrote:
    mookie9999 wrote:

we're still talking comedy here, right? ;):lol:
    Unless you've had a sex change, then yes. ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"