What MADE your day (part deux)?????

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    We shifted around jobs in our house and the 15 year old is now responsible for keeping the place vacuumed. Today she was the one saying "take your shoes off! I just vacuumed in here, you know!".
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • GillycwGillycw Posts: 524
    I took my 5 year old son shopping today for his school stuff as he's starting 'big school' in a couple of weeks. To see how excited he is was just beautiful.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Gillycw wrote: »
    I took my 5 year old son shopping today for his school stuff as he's starting 'big school' in a couple of weeks. To see how excited he is was just beautiful.

this is sweet, i remember those days, they go by so fast, enjoy every moment, because they change when they become adults
    JWPearl wrote: »
    Gillycw wrote: »

this is sweet, i remember those days, they go by so fast, enjoy every moment, because they change when they become adults

Thanks yeh I try to remind myself of that when he wants me to play with him (and I'd rather be doing something else!) that one day he's not going to want me to anymore. I'll just be embarrassing mum, hopefully those days are still far away
    :)
  • my sweet nephew
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Posts: 2,144
    A stranger paid for my coffee today. Such a nice thing to do, it made me happy all morning.
  • my nephew has no fever and feels better
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I feel better today!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I won back my bat and a little more money buying football squares yesterday.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • I got to open and close the store by myself today! And that was really cool!
    I got to open and close the store by myself today! And that was really cool!

That's awesome!! =D>
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Something I thought impossible actually happened today, and it's a good thing, jippi.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
    ...and I just learned one of my fave singersongwriters will play in my town in the spring, I just bought a ticket!!!
    Have a nice day, everyone on here.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Had a randomly great night. While getting ready to meet my friend for a trip to Ikea I heard on NY1 that the MoMa was staying open all weekend to meet the increased demand to see the Matisse cutout exhibit. So after a little shopping and a quick stop for a surprisingly amazing meal, we headed into the city and found out there was a 4 hour wait for the exhibit - so we went to a movie! and then back to the museum an hour earlier than our ticket time and got let in with no problems. Yay super fun randomness.

No, I DONT get out much anymore.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    I got to spend the day at the beach with my bro (lives in Amsterdam) and sis (lives in Queensland) and my son . We don't get to see each other very often so it was a lovely day and so awesome for my son to spend time with his family . I'm sunburnt and happy
    installed my new writer, it actually works, jippi
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    bluegrace said:

You have a writer in residence? Cool.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

bluegrace said:

You have a writer in residence? Cool.
    Yes, I do, and it is me.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    my mum, love her dearly, but she said if anything should happen to her, i will get home right away...
  • a friend from states
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Getting a text from a friend saying he has an interview for a great job next week.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Dimitris milk teeth....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Dimitris milk teeth....

hahaha
  • BLANDEN PETRIC
  • Friends
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Yesterday, finding out I get to finally apply and become permanent at my job!!!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Getting a clean bill of health from my dentist just now, and finding out that she shares the same twisted sense of humor as me.
    ELITIST FUK
    Finding out that my bestie since we were 5 years old, that she and her hubby might move to Oregon and live close to me!!! :-)
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Seeing my instagram pic on the home page!

Seeing my instagram pic on the home page!

Awesome! Congrats!
    Tattooed Dissident!