Options

What MADE your day (part deux)?????

Comments

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    having someone say they were really impressed with my resume. it didn't lead to an offer, but getting such a quick reply and that response were somewhat uplifting.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Sitting down for dinner at the table with my kids. That was nice. We never do that.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    Listening to Pearl Jam again properly for the first time since my Dad died. Its sounds so fresh to my ears.

I've rediscovered Light Years; it's not just another to me song anymore. The sun is shining, i've had texts and emails from dear friends who are never ending in their support. I've arranged to see more friends at the weekend, some people I haven't seen for too long. Soooooo many people are travelling far and wide to support us in person on Sunday for the ride... and for the first time since my Dad's heart attack, I feel that everything's gonna be OK.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Listening to Pearl Jam again properly for the first time since my Dad died. Its sounds so fresh to my ears.

I've rediscovered Light Years; it's not just another to me song anymore. The sun is shining, i've had texts and emails from dear friends who are never ending in their support. I've arranged to see more friends at the weekend, some people I haven't seen for too long. Soooooo many people are travelling far and wide to support us in person on Sunday for the ride... and for the first time since my Dad's heart attack, I feel that everything's gonna be OK.
    I,m so pleased to hear this Sian
    good luck on sunday
    This has made my day,along with the Netta/Dimitris thread :mrgreen:
  • Options
    So far, I prevented my cable, phone, and internet from being shut off.. :D {if that counts} :roll:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options

I,m so pleased to hear this Sian
    good luck on sunday
    This has made my day,along with the Netta/Dimitris thread :mrgreen:

Thank you mate, so much.

Love to the wifey :D x
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    That Sian is posting in this thread ... and she's nearly reached £1000 :mrgreen:

... although Dunk's 81p still bothers my mild OCD :oops:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    getting good customer service at an independent computer store, much better from my experience than the chain stores such as Best Buy.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    CorsoCorso so poor I can't afford to comment on the PJ forum Posts: 201
    Received a letter from my friend in the mail today telling me about the transition on relocating the family to Australia. She wrote " pleasant place that I think it is easy to feel at home here; easy place to settle down quickly" So I am extremely happy that the family made it safely and are planting their roots on the good foot successfully. Yeah!!!! Made my mfd.
    Cheers...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    PEARL JAM FRIENDS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    That Sian is posting in this thread ... and she's nearly reached £1000 :mrgreen:

... although Dunk's 81p still bothers my mild OCD :oops:

We have! We're only £40 off it today :shock: :mrgreen:

(Dunk's 81p also annoys Dave and myself... but it's pleasant reminder that a Scottish skin-flint has parted with cash for a good cause, so I kinda like it being there ;):lol: )

What made my day today:

~ ^^^ Our fundraising reaching nearly £1,000 :mrgreen:
    ~ Going swimming, having a good giggle and a catch up with my best friend and her mother in law last night :)
    ~ Dave making dinner! Normally I don't let him cook but he made a lovely chilli while I was out :D
    ~ Black Gives Way To Blue
    ~ Sorting my costume, down to every last sequin, for my friends fancy dress 30th Birthday party next month... I'm going as Marc Bolan baby!! :mrgreen:8-)
    ~ Good friends and lots of hope :)

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Listening to Into The Wild soundtrack on the way into work. It's all downhill from here :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    The BHF emailing me, they want me to share my story so that others who have lost relatives to cardiac problems can be inspired to take part in events :)

A good ride last night and another planned for tonight... I'm feeling good about Sunday :mrgreen:

Seeing friends at the weekend. Some I haven't seen for some time and others who are travelling to support at the ride on Sunday :D

£1,102 worth of support.

I realised this morning that October is party month! We have a 1st, 2nd, 25th, 2 x 30th's and a 35th birthday to celebrate plus a big fat Halloween fancy dress party to go to! We're literally partying every weekend in October! :mrgreen:

Voices of authority being on my side. It feels good to know I'm right.

Christmas prep! Planned our first Christmas in our first house together, already bought some presents, done prep for other presents and looking forward to the festivities in a few months! :mrgreen:

Starting to feel myself again... but stronger.

• Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    An unexpected card :)

Thanks chica ;) xx

... and a couple of new pictures on facebook :mrgreen:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    An unexpected card :)

Thanks chica ;) xx

No problem sweetness :) I just wish I could send you big hugs through the post... xx

• Options
    Boba Fett ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    Knowing that I'll be getting a PS3 very soon. And also officially joining 10C!
  • Options
    Feeling fantastic after yesterday's ride :mrgreen:

• Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    The weather was fantastic, and my son brought my dogs over, and we went for my daily walk... chilled out at home for a while, my dogs must have given me about a bazillion kisses... :mrgreen::D:mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    Just got back from seeing Elvis Costello. Love some of the solo renditions of his old classics!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    that i can still hear PJ in my head from yesterday's show. :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I won't have to do the grocery shopping anymore!!! :mrgreen:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    Your Pearl Jam Ten Club order has been received.. Portland and Vancouver Bootlegs
  • Options
    Dave surprised me with a recreation of our first date last night!! :o

I had Pizza Express, pudding, candles, a big bunch of roses, lots of love and laughter... all in the comfort of our own house. :mrgreen:

• Options
    A package waiting for me from someone i've never met. It contained a beautifully thought about book, note and a card.

Proof that good things and friendship can come from tragedy.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you Morag xx

• Options
    A great friend becoming a daddy today :D

• Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Took a mental health day :) I think I've earned it over the past few weeks. So far had a great workout, mani/pedi. Next up a walk into town for the best goat cheese and smoked salmon salad and later...NAP TIME :mrgreen: :oops:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    my wife was offered a new job! an unlike her current job...it's actually in her field!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    My pounding headache went away... Yay!! :mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    I received Backspacer. So although I didn't see my... very special person I feel quite happy
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl