Options

Into the Wild Vinyl

Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
edited January 2009 in The Porch
Looking to get my hands on one of these. Any ideas??? Is it really rarer than the Benaroya vinyl set?
the Minions
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Options
    Looking to get my hands on one of these. Any ideas??? Is it really rarer than the Benaroya vinyl set?

It's certainly not as expensive. They're on eBay all the time...you can get one for ~$150. Whether or not that's worth it is up to you...
  • Options
    milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    I would like one of these too...but anything from $100 and up seems just a little to high for me. Guess I'm not getting one lol
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    Got mine sealed, if anyone has a Birmingham 98 8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    milarso wrote:

i like the look of that. Can't wait to see how much its going to be in 5yrs
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,072

It's certainly not as expensive. They're on eBay all the time...you can get one for ~$150. Whether or not that's worth it is up to you...

Looks like an open, water damaged one is even worth more than $150 already.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/EDDIE-VEDDER-Into-The-Wild-LP-bonus-7-NEW-pearl-jam_W0QQitemZ120360106814QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item120360106814&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A570|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
  • Options
    these have become pretty valuable...i really lucked out and traded some corals for a sealed copy from a guy i met on ebeans...i hooked his little reeft tank up, he posted pics on the ebeans forum...i collect/farm corals for a living so it was a great deal...

im really glad to have a copy as 1: its eddies first album, 2:it could be eddies only album, and 3: its a really damn good album...

im still hunting for a lost dogs lp...easier to justify a higher price b/c its three records but anything over $100 hurts my wallet way to much...would trade some posters perhaps...
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...
  • Options
    I am holding onto 5 sealed and 1 opened copy(cover signed by Eddie to me). Hoping the value goes up. There are less than these than there are of Benaroya, though Benaroya has 4 records. I do not have a Benaroya, so hoping one day to trade for one.
  • Options
    sliversliver Posts: 74
    I don't think it's value will ever equal benny...
    i've seen it on ebay sold @ less than 100$ and i think this is the real market value of the vinyl. ;)
    Faithful, to you
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,565
    sliver wrote:
    I don't think it's value will ever equal benny...
    i've seen it on ebay sold @ less than 100$ and i think this is the real market value of the vinyl. ;)

It most likely will.
    The Bennys didn't start out selling for 600 in the after market. If I remember correct it started selling for less than what Into the wild does now on ebay. Considering there are fewer copies of ITW in existance, i'd say it will rival Benny at some point value wise.

It is also Eddie Vedder's (one of the most influential rock gods from the 90's and the guy most people know) first vinyl release + the movie/soundtrack was a hit.

Im gonna stop now
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321

Looks like an open, water damaged one is even worth more than $150 already.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/EDDIE-VEDDER-Into-The-Wild-LP-bonus-7-NEW-pearl-jam_W0QQitemZ120360106814QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item120360106814&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A570|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

An opened and damaged copy isn't worth $150.. But there's a lot of stupid people on ebay, so I wouldn't take this auction as an example.. A sealed copy is worth $150 or a little less, for now
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    I just don't get how someone can pay that much for a vinyl right now
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    were there only 1000 of these produced?
    the Minions
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,364
    were there only 1000 of these produced?

I dunno, but they went damn fast.
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,072
    robcascie wrote:

An opened and damaged copy isn't worth $150.. But there's a lot of stupid people on ebay, so I wouldn't take this auction as an example.. A sealed copy is worth $150 or a little less, for now

What do you mean it's not worth $150? It sold for $150 so the market value is $150 (the person who sold it put $150 in their pocket didn't they?) These are regularly ending for around $250 on ebay now. This was created by iconic rock god Eddie Vedder and it will end up being worth WAYYYY more than some live show.
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    KR61142 wrote:
    I am holding onto 5 sealed and 1 opened copy(cover signed by Eddie to me). Hoping the value goes up. There are less than these than there are of Benaroya, though Benaroya has 4 records. I do not have a Benaroya, so hoping one day to trade for one.

Just curious how you got 6 copies of this??
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    He must have tracked it down through several record shops. + 1 from 10c.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Actually, I got shut out by 10c. I got all on my own. Various record stores yes. One in Texas, One in Oregon and One in California. Some times you win and sometimes you lose. I lost on every MSG show poster I've been too. I lost on Benaroya. I won on this. Karma is good and things usually work out in the end. I was proud of myself for hunting these down. It really was a lot of work and very tough to find, and you had to be lightning quick. I got shut out on Aural Exploits as well when they announced they were selling them too. Interesting story, I called a San Diego record store and they said all the copies they got went to family members of Ed in the area. Don't know if it's true, but that's what the guy on the phone said. He and most others told me that they only made 1,000. I have been tempted to sell a few with this economy as bad as it is, but i've held onto them to this point and probably will a bit longer.

Did anyone else get lucky with multiple copies?
  • Options
    Cool story! 1000 copies isn't much..

I got two lying around
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Nice...

The reason I think it is going to go up is because

1-there are only 1000
    2-ed's first and maybe last solo record
    3-pj records lp/vinyl already are rare and have and gain value over the years
    4-ITS AN AMAZING RECORD BEGINNING TO END...

thats the most important thing. the music on the record is very solid, and very good. i think people will always want this record down the road, or will be searching for it

i go into amoeba records quite often(found a brand new, but opened, Vitalogy Mint this afternoon for 25$) and I still have not ever seen a ITW vinyl for sale on the walls there... good sign that this is very rare
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Is it sure that only 1,000 copies were made ???

Reading some people who say they have several copies and considering the number of copies that we've seen on ebay since its release, I think there are more than 1,000 copies.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    Wow I can believe it's such short press, less than benaroya? I need to find real numbers!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    im still hunting for a lost dogs lp...easier to justify a higher price b/c its three records but anything over $100 hurts my wallet way to much...would trade some posters perhaps...

I just got an unplayed copy, not long ago on ebay, for $70. If you are a collector disregard that post.

I guess history tells us that the ITW vinyl will be super expensive, but press numbers don't seem mean as much.

Seems to me that people are basing prices on demand and not so much the supply, on just about anything that pops up on ebay.

I have AEnima on vinyl and it's worth around the same as Benaroya hall, and there were 15000 pressed.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,150
    holding onto them to see if they go up in value? these aren't baseball cards! you can actually take the thing out of its packaging and put it on a record player. believe me, i've tried with baseball cards and it just isnt' the same thing....
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    ^
    ^
    Just to clear this up, my Lost Dogs and Aenima vinyls both get played about as often as I listen to the album.
  • Options
    pjheadpjhead Posts: 107
    KR61142 wrote:
    Nice...

1-there are only 1000

This is not true. I know for a fact that there were over 2,000 of these pressed.
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    pjhead wrote:
    KR61142 wrote:
    Nice...

1-there are only 1000

This is not true. I know for a fact that there were over 2,000 of these pressed.

First I've heard that number... always have heard 1,000. Hmmm wonder if I say "I know for a fact 5,000 were pressed" it will make it so... :lol:
  • Options
    jhuludjhulud S. FloriDUH! Posts: 315
    Records are meant for playing and enjoying...not collecting...
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    jhulud wrote:
    Records are meant for playing and enjoying...not collecting...

exactly. well said.