***2009 Chicago WHITE SOX***

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    IwasBittin wrote:
    In Milwaukee for tonight's and Saturday's game. My excitement for this series went away sometime in May. Still, I've seen a lot of Sox hats and jerseys around town, so we should have solid representation. Wish I could say the same for the team. My cheesehead boss wanted me to put a wager on the total runs scored for the series. I just told him that I'll buy him lunch on Monday.

I was up there Sat/Sun. Ton of Sox fans. At least 50/50 inside Miller Park.

Let's get another win today!
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    Got home from work early today, just unlucky enough to watch the 8th and 9th. Now, from what I saw, there is no doubt the ump fucked us over a little bit (there's no way you can call those two strikes against Konerko and not make the same call against Sorryano or Miles). But with that said, Getz still booted a ground ball that little leaguers make routinely and Linebrink pitched like a little bitch. When he was at 3-1 on Bradley, I was yelling at the TV to take him out. He just didn't have it. The only reason he got 2 outs was b/c the other team was so desperate, they bailing him out. 92 mph fastballs right down the middle just don't cut it, especially against the power hitters of a free-swinging lineup in a jetstream fueled, drunk basket aided stadium. It's just the way this season has been going; there is always one part of the team that's a letdown, whether it's the hitting, the fielding, the starting pitching, or the bullpen. This just isn't a complete team. Blowing a 4 run lead with 4 outs to go is painful no matter who it's against.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
    IwasBittin wrote:
    Got home from work early today, just unlucky enough to watch the 8th and 9th. Now, from what I saw, there is no doubt the ump fucked us over a little bit (there's no way you can call those two strikes against Konerko and not make the same call against Sorryano or Miles). But with that said, Getz still booted a ground ball that little leaguers make routinely and Linebrink pitched like a little bitch. When he was at 3-1 on Bradley, I was yelling at the TV to take him out. He just didn't have it. The only reason he got 2 outs was b/c the other team was so desperate, they bailing him out. 92 mph fastballs right down the middle just don't cut it, especially against the power hitters of a free-swinging lineup in a jetstream fueled, drunk basket aided stadium. It's just the way this season has been going; there is always one part of the team that's a letdown, whether it's the hitting, the fielding, the starting pitching, or the bullpen. This just isn't a complete team. Blowing a 4 run lead with 4 outs to go is painful no matter who it's against.

What a terrible fucking loss. I don't care who it's against, you can't blow a 4 run lead with 4 outs to go. This just stings a little bit worse since it was against the Cubs.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    IwasBittin wrote:

What a terrible fucking loss. I don't care who it's against, you can't blow a 4 run lead with 4 outs to go. This just stings a little bit worse since it was against the Cubs.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 730
    ASG REPORT CARD:

Sox should suck, but are in the thick of it. let's win this thing!
    ewokpelts wrote:
    ASG REPORT CARD:

With Quentin coming back in the second half, I feel good about our chances. I'm just glad we'll be competing for the division....second half of the season is brutal when your team is out of it.
    ewokpelts wrote:
    ASG REPORT CARD:

With Quentin coming back in the second half, I feel good about our chances. I'm just glad we'll be competing for the division....second half of the season is brutal when your team is out of it.

Agreed. CQ will be a big boost. The offense is proving it can score consistently and come back from deficits. Pitching will decide our fate, and right now I'm a bit nervous about it, but I'm happy to be in it. We'll definitely be in the hunt, but guys like Floyd, Contreras, Dotel, Linebrink, even Poreda, are gonna need big 2nd halfs for us to got to the top.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    Bobby Jenks completes me....
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Bobby Jenks completes me....
    oh god.. what happened to him? He's blown like four games in a row now.
    Welcome to the Southside, Jake Peavy (again) :?
    We gonna sweep these Yankees or what.

:D
    Nice win last night....I like that we're showing we can play with the best teams in the AL. I'm getting a little worried about Contreras though. Hew as back to his old ways of pitching at a ridiculously slow pace and no control. He needs to get it together.
  • Gordon Beckham is a hell of a player.
    Gordon Beckham is a hell of a player.

This kid has been unreal. The way he has adjusted to major league pitching has been remarkable. Hard to believe a little over a year ago this guy was playing in the college world series.

This kid has been unreal. The way he has adjusted to major league pitching has been remarkable. Hard to believe a little over a year ago this guy was playing in the college world series.

Agreed. And his fielding is solid as well. I just love what he brings to the team in terms of his confidence and swagger. Plus he's got the best walk-up music in the league.
    IwasBit10 wrote:

Agreed. And his fielding is solid as well. I just love what he brings to the team in terms of his confidence and swagger. Plus he's got the best walk-up music in the league.

Yeah, fielding is pretty damn good considering he has played SS his whole life up until a few months ago when they started playing him at 3B. A little rough at first, but he has made a nice adjustment.
    A little win streak would be nice right now.
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    A little win streak would be nice right now.

That would be real nice. 20 straight games coming up here. The road trip is brutal...this is going to make or break the season. Should be interesting...
  • ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 730
    i want my playoff money back
    ewokpelts wrote:
    Seriously.. I think they're fighting for last place now. I wonder if they'll make it before the end of the season.
    ewokpelts wrote:
    Seriously.. I think they're fighting for last place now. I wonder if they'll make it before the end of the season.

What a terrible fucking week it was. What tiny, little hope I had going into this road trip has been wiped away completely. Theres going to be plenty of changes before next season.

Oh well, I like the change to the Bears avatar. It's football season!
    ewokpelts wrote:

What a terrible fucking week it was. What tiny, little hope I had going into this road trip has been wiped away completely. Theres going to be plenty of changes before next season.

Oh well, I like the change to the Bears avatar. It's football season!

If you were to tell me back in April, that by mid-August this team would be in contention for the division, there's a good chance I would've laughed in your face. Yet now that it's the end of August and the team is toast, I'm sad, dissappointed and a little surprised. Funny how that works. Honestly, I can't wait for the changes to be made. I'm gonna be a little sad if/when Dye leaves, very quiet, underrated player, but that's it.

Last time we'll ever have to play in the Hump Dome this week, probably the only positive thing out of this road trip.

Oh well is right. BEAR DOWN!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    they are toast.

but hey, they aren't finishing up year 101
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    they are toast.

but hey, they aren't finishing up year 101
    Most likely, they are, but teams have come out of nowhere in September.. we'll see.
  • Just checked the score at work, and you've got to be fuckin kidding me. After all the shit that the Hump Dome has put us through, all the miserable baseball this team has played there the last 5 years, (and just plain horrible baseball the past 2-3 weeks) and down 2 runs with 2 outs and 2 strikes, they come back and beat Nathan and the Twinks in the 9th. Their final game ever at the shithole, way to go out in style. Man, I just find this hilarious right now...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    Just checked the score at work, and you've got to be fuckin kidding me. After all the shit that the Hump Dome has put us through, all the miserable baseball this team has played there the last 5 years, (and just plain horrible baseball the past 2-3 weeks) and down 2 runs with 2 outs and 2 strikes, they come back and beat Nathan and the Twinks in the 9th. Their final game ever at the shithole, way to go out in style. Man, I just find this hilarious right now...

i was listening to the game. pauly hit a 3-2 pitch to tie it. then it just became silly. mn choked taht game away.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • W
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Alex Rios is the MAN !!!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • IwasBit10 wrote:
    Just checked the score at work, and you've got to be fuckin kidding me. After all the shit that the Hump Dome has put us through, all the miserable baseball this team has played there the last 5 years, (and just plain horrible baseball the past 2-3 weeks) and down 2 runs with 2 outs and 2 strikes, they come back and beat Nathan and the Twinks in the 9th. Their final game ever at the shithole, way to go out in style. Man, I just find this hilarious right now...

I know right?? I couldnt fucking believe that yesterday. I read in the paper that Konerko walked into the locker room after the game and yelled "we own this place!!" Unbelievable that they won their last game like that in that shitbox they call a baseball stadium. I think it may be a sign of things to come for the Twins now that they'll have to play in a real baseball stadium starting next season.
  • Why can't they have this mojo all the time???.. They are killing the Boston Bloody Sox right now..