Comments

• ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 730
    Anyone watching the ST webcasts?

I liek what I see so far, but I hope we find a CF better than Wise
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    ewokpelts wrote:
    Anyone watching the ST webcasts?

I liek what I see so far, but I hope we find a CF better than Wise

Please for the love of God would Ozzie just make Brian Anderson the starting CF??? Have Getz lead off and Anderson can bat down in the lineup. This baffles me. Anderson is by far their best defensive outfielder and I think he can hit .250-.260 if playing everyday.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Awesome game today!

Fields is looking good. Thome is as good as ever!
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    Awesome game today!

jim thome completes me.............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Awesome game today!

jim thome completes me.............
    Funny.

Thome grew up a Cubs fan.

Zambrano grew up a Sox fan.

Not sure I'd trade 'em though. lol
    Huge hit. by Thome. Fields and Getz both looked good. Shitty day for Wise with 3 K's and couldnt get a bunt down in the 8th. Hoping this Wise leadoff experiment doesnt last too long.....this guy just isnt an everyday player.
    It sure is going to be painful to see Crede in a Twins uniform tonight. Cant wait to freeze my ass of at this game.
    And now, your first place Chicago White Sox!

I know its early, but hopefully they keep it up!
    joe crede completes me.............
  • ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 730
    look sliek rain tonight.....doubleheader tommorrow?
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    Hey y'all. Back again and ready to argue :P . Go Go Sox! We really suck right now, hopefully this team will be like last year's.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Who wants to take bets on how many Tigers-Sox games get rained out this season? It's already two...

The Tigers are taking the division this season. Sorry Sox fans.
    Who wants to take bets on how many Tigers-Sox games get rained out this season? It's already two...

The Tigers are taking the division this season. Sorry Sox fans.

These rainouts have been rough so far. I can't focus on baseball too much just yet with this Blackhawks playoff run going on.

But yeah, the Sox really suck right now. No consistent offense and shaky starting pitching is not a good combination.
    Last season, the Sox were swept in a 4 game series in Toronto ending on May 5th. They had a 14-17 record at that point, but went on to finish the month at 30-26. Although there are some similarities, as it looks like they're gonna swept again in Toronto, I have a completely different feeling about this year's team than last year's. Last year, we were just waiting for the offense to click, which it eventually did, as the pitching was solid. This year, I can't really say any part of the team is solid. Konerko is the only guy hitting. Buehrle has been the only starter that you can say good things about, although Colon has been a pleasent surprise considering his expectations. I want to say the bullpen has been steady, but Linebrink blew the game yesterday. Last year, Danks, Floyd, Quentin and Ramirez all had career years. It's asking way to much to have them all do it again. And with Dye, Thome, Konerko, AJ and Contreras all 1 year older, it's gonna be a tough year. I hope I'm wrong, and it's still early, but I think this team peaked last year with a Division Championship (could've been more with a healthy Quentin, Crede and Contrares in the postseason), and Kenny sat on it too much, hoping for a repeat. I pray that I'm wrong, but that's how I'm feeling right now.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
    IwasBittin wrote:
    Last season, the Sox were swept in a 4 game series in Toronto ending on May 5th. They had a 14-17 record at that point, but went on to finish the month at 30-26. Although there are some similarities, as it looks like they're gonna swept again in Toronto, I have a completely different feeling about this year's team than last year's. Last year, we were just waiting for the offense to click, which it eventually did, as the pitching was solid. This year, I can't really say any part of the team is solid. Konerko is the only guy hitting. Buehrle has been the only starter that you can say good things about, although Colon has been a pleasent surprise considering his expectations. I want to say the bullpen has been steady, but Linebrink blew the game yesterday. Last year, Danks, Floyd, Quentin and Ramirez all had career years. It's asking way to much to have them all do it again. And with Dye, Thome, Konerko, AJ and Contreras all 1 year older, it's gonna be a tough year. I hope I'm wrong, and it's still early, but I think this team peaked last year with a Division Championship (could've been more with a healthy Quentin, Crede and Contrares in the postseason), and Kenny sat on it too much, hoping for a repeat. I pray that I'm wrong, but that's how I'm feeling right now.

I'm feeling the same exact way right now, unfortunately. I'm looking forward to next year when Thome And Dye will be gone. I love both these guys and they've both been great for the Sox, but we have 4 of the same type of players right in a row in the lineup....Quentin, Dye, Thome, Konerko....4 power hitters with little to no speed. The pitching has been terrible lately with Danks and Floyd just looking flat out awful. It's a damn long season, but its not looking good.
  • Pearl JamesPearl James Posts: 420
    From what is going on, it seems like the team doesnt have that chemistry that our winning teams had, Ozzie used to be fired up by everything, the players all got along and were having a great time playing, like 2005 had Rowand, AJ, and Crede, who would goof off all the time and had so much fun during the season. In 2008 Swisher was having a great time making jokes, and doing his Captain Morgan stance after a homerun, and having Widger pie the person who would get a game winning hit in the face. This year I feel like theres not that connection. It seems like they go into every game and anticipate playing in the field because they strike out every pitch or popout. Luckily the division is pretty weak as of now, so we can still catch it if we start to hit.

Our starters are doing awful, Beurhle is the only successful one we have as of now, hes pitching great. Danks started great, but had a few bad starts. Gavin is just awful, Fatolo Colon pitches well but only gets to the 5th inning where the game is lost by Richard or Carrasco. Contreras is just awful, hell never be the same. We need to do something fast, cuz it takes a week to lose 6 games and itll be too late before Kenny decides to sign someone we need now in July.

Kenny always has a plan, and we doubted him in 05, and 08, and both those years turned out to be amazing years. Hopefully Kennys plan happens soon. Signing Pods to replace Dewayne helped, but Lillibridge, Fields, Alexei, and our starters arent coming through.

But we do have alot of talent in the minors from many trades over the past few years, we'll have the best infield in the MLB no doubt in 2 years. Beckham, Fields, Alexei, Getz, and Dayan Viciedo to work around will be awesome, but as with anything, we cant keep looking towards the future for hope and do something now, because its now that matters.
    3rd worst record in the American League????

imagine that........

imagine that........

There's a LONG way to go SPEEDY. Talk to me once the Cubs start winning playoff games.... :lol:

imagine that........

There's a LONG way to go SPEEDY. Talk to me once the Cubs start winning playoff games.... :lol:

the white sox will be lucky to win 70 games this year..........
    Nice to see the Sox win 6 out of the last 9. Hopefully they can keep it up going into KC this weekend. Unfortunately we're facing Greinke on Sunday. But he's gotta have a rough start sooner or later, right???
    The Detroit Tigers complete me...........

Come on now speedy, we're cheerin for each other this weekend with the sox playing the brewers and the cubs playing the twins...

The last few days have been among the happiest of my summer, though also incredibly bad for my heart. I love the Tigers and the White Sox always seem to have their number... but this series has looked like a whole new kind of baseball.

Now if only Chicago would fix their fucking weather long enough to play this game ;)

Who am I kidding? I'd give anything to be in the Chicago rain again, whether or not the game got played.

The last few days have been among the happiest of my summer, though also incredibly bad for my heart. I love the Tigers and the White Sox always seem to have their number... but this series has looked like a whole new kind of baseball.

Now if only Chicago would fix their fucking weather long enough to play this game ;)

Who am I kidding? I'd give anything to be in the Chicago rain again, whether or not the game got played.

Tigers sure have been putting a beating on the Sox the past few days. Although Wise was safe at the plate in the 9th the other night and that game never should have gone to extra innings, but that's just how things have been goin for the Sox so far this season.

Verlander was awesome last night. No matter how good he has been the Sox always seem to have had his number. Besides the bomb he gave up to Thome, he straight up dominated.

They FINALLY just started 3 hours late....so much for the afternoon game for getaway day.
    I'm going to Wednesdays game at Wrigley.. with three Cubs fans... damn it!

Tigers sure have been putting a beating on the Sox the past few days. Although Wise was safe at the plate in the 9th the other night and that game never should have gone to extra innings, but that's just how things have been goin for the Sox so far this season.

Verlander was awesome last night. No matter how good he has been the Sox always seem to have had his number. Besides the bomb he gave up to Thome, he straight up dominated.

They FINALLY just started 3 hours late....so much for the afternoon game for getaway day.

That was one pretty close call at the plate, and the umpire looked like he called him safe before punching him out. Rodney has been solid all season, seeing him come in to walk 3 straight was a shock.

Today's game was tough... the Tigers offense better wake up or this season could come unglued in no time. Still, 3 out of 5 on the road in Chicago... that's a series I'm happy with.
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    my bro flew up with his girl for the game today for his birthday..what shit luck with the weather
    o well

GO TIGERS! :)

That was one pretty close call at the plate, and the umpire looked like he called him safe before punching him out. Rodney has been solid all season, seeing him come in to walk 3 straight was a shock.

Today's game was tough... the Tigers offense better wake up or this season could come unglued in no time. Still, 3 out of 5 on the road in Chicago... that's a series I'm happy with.

Yeah, that call at the plate was close....that ump for sure was about to call safe before he changed his mind. The ball beat him there so that usually gives the defense the benefit of the doubt. Rodney was real wild that night...I was pretty shocked by that too.

But yeah, you gotta be happy with 3 of 5 on the road. I don't think anybody is pulling away in this division. Sox, Twins and Tigers will be battling to the end.
    In Milwaukee for tonight's and Saturday's game. My excitement for this series went away sometime in May. Still, I've seen a lot of Sox hats and jerseys around town, so we should have solid representation. Wish I could say the same for the team. My cheesehead boss wanted me to put a wager on the total runs scored for the series. I just told him that I'll buy him lunch on Monday.
    Nice little 3 game win streak we got goin on. If only they could play with this intensity and urgency game in and game out....Past couple pitching performances have been amazing as well.

Now let's take the series tomorrow and get the hell outta there.