New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,039
    There has to be offensive linemen looking for jobs. 
    I miss igotid88
    Why aren't we running a hurry up offense?
    I miss igotid88
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    igotid88 said:
    There has to be offensive linemen looking for jobs. 
    You'd think so.
    Finally a wide open receiver for Eli and the touchdown
    I miss igotid88
    A touchdown won't win the game but it'll cover the point spread - reaching for something here.
    the Giants were taking a little too long to get in line and call a play. Probably wasted I don't know 1 minute of play.
    I miss igotid88
    Also Eli 33-44 passing. Considering he was pressured all game and sacked 6 times
    I miss igotid88
    Most 0-2 starts since 2013. Giants 5. Saints and Colts 4
    I miss igotid88
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    you lose to my terrible cowboys?

sad!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    you lose to my terrible cowboys?

sad!
    we make bad teams look good. Especially on SNF/MNF
    I miss igotid88
    Eli Manning's career completion percentage is at .599% One more game like this and he'll get to 60% 
    I miss igotid88
    Still can't get over Shurmur not going for it 4th and inches midfield and then have the Cowboys score a fg the next drive. But then goes for it 4th and 1 in not that great field position
    I miss igotid88
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    igotid88 said:
    Eli is getting killed out there
    Yup.  The offensive line is god awful.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 8,956
    eddiec said:

If the Giants drafted Darnold instead... they still going no where this season

now if they are in top 6-8 picks next year, you have to hit on a QB... then having a stud qb with Barkley you can contend in 3 years

How about getting offensive line help. To help with the running game. Then you can play action. Have receivers get more open
    I miss igotid88
    We needed a running back - i don't understand the thought that a rookie QB would turn things around. Eli is damn good when he's not laying on the ground with a 300 pound guy on him. I don't understand why we can't protect our quarterback. Prescott had time to do a couple dance moves if he wanted but Eli might as well be standing there with a target on him. Eli blaming is a lazy way to figure out this team's problems. He converted his own 3rd downs and tried, in his gangly way, to get a touchdown. Maybe someone could have helped him out there? Odell should be flying around with wings after his windfall.

And not going for the 4th and 1 was bad bad coaching. 

Sigh - still love them.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    I think drafting Darnold was probably the smart move for the franchise long term, which we'll see years from now, but I wanted Saquon and am happy they drafted him.

I thought Eli looked good in the first game and not as good last night.  It all stems from having no protection, but he was a bit shell shocked and rushed things even when he had some time.

Yeah, he is wondering where the rest of the team is. He's probably hurting today. You do seem to enjoy trolling threads, don't understand that mind set. 
    njnancy said:
    We needed a running back - i don't understand the thought that a rookie QB would turn things around. Eli is damn good when he's not laying on the ground with a 300 pound guy on him. I don't understand why we can't protect our quarterback. Prescott had time to do a couple dance moves if he wanted but Eli might as well be standing there with a target on him. Eli blaming is a lazy way to figure out this team's problems. He converted his own 3rd downs and tried, in his gangly way, to get a touchdown. Maybe someone could have helped him out there? Odell should be flying around with wings after his windfall.

And not going for the 4th and 1 was bad bad coaching. 

Sigh - still love them.

not just 4th and 1. 4th and centimeters
    I miss igotid88
    too many behind the line passes. Those work more if you have good blocking.
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    igotid88 said:
    too many behind the line passes. Those work more if you have good blocking.
    Well they also happened because of the poor blocking.  Eli checked down immediately
    Don't know how much difference it makes. But is Vernon going to play soon?
    I miss igotid88
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    njnancy said:

Yeah, he is wondering where the rest of the team is. He's probably hurting today. You do seem to enjoy trolling threads, don't understand that mind set. 

trolling is an integral part of sports threads.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    njnancy said:

trolling is an integral part of sports threads.
    True. Integral to many threads. And they seem to be in all of them. Different strokes. 
    We abandoned the run last game. Would like to see Barkley run straight down the middle. Use those legs. And there was no hurry up offense. Took too much time getting back to the line. Maybe because Eli was trying to get himself together. But they wasted a minute or 2 of plays.
    I miss igotid88
    njnancy said:

Posting a picture of your QB getting his bell rung is not trolling.  Eli is done and washed up.  He is a statue back there.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    igotid88 said:
    We abandoned the run last game. Would like to see Barkley run straight down the middle. Use those legs. And there was no hurry up offense. Took too much time getting back to the line. Maybe because Eli was trying to get himself together. But they wasted a minute or 2 of plays.
    I think Barkley was dancing around behind the line hoping for some holes to materialize...
    Give Peas A Chance…