Options

New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,410
    Why didn't they call a timeout before the fg attempt? They could've had the ball with 40 seconds or so and 2 timeouts. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    igotid88 said:

I brought this up a year or two ago and you guys all ripped me. It's not a shot at the guy, it's just an accurate assessment of his career.......although, he is obviously very clutch come January. He's had an odd and very interesting career to me:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/eli-manning-is-profoundly-mediocre/

Eli Manning Is Profoundly Mediocre

Even after Eli Manning’s 200 consecutive regular-season NFL starts, quantifying his career is difficult.

Manning is in his 14th season, and nearly every one has felt like a crossroads. Which quarterback would show up for the Giants: the one capable of winning two Super Bowl MVPs — or the one capable of leading the NFL in interceptions for three seasons?

The answer was probably somewhere in between. Manning has been reliably, and historically, mediocre.

he's had bad offensive lines for most of his career.

I can always count on you!
    Put him in New England he has more SBs and a much better record. Or at least a much better record. You need luck to win in the playoffs
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

I brought this up a year or two ago and you guys all ripped me. It's not a shot at the guy, it's just an accurate assessment of his career.......although, he is obviously very clutch come January. He's had an odd and very interesting career to me:

Even after Eli Manning’s 200 consecutive regular-season NFL starts, quantifying his career is difficult.

Manning is in his 14th season, and nearly every one has felt like a crossroads. Which quarterback would show up for the Giants: the one capable of winning two Super Bowl MVPs — or the one capable of leading the NFL in interceptions for three seasons?

The answer was probably somewhere in between. Manning has been reliably, and historically, mediocre.

Put him in New England he has more SBs and a much better record. Or at least a much better record. You need luck to win in the playoffs

read the article
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    If Philly had a player with manning's career they'd swap Billy Penn with his statue.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Ugh.  Lions have won 2 road games in 23 years on MNF.  Hope the Giants come back and win, I love messing with my buddy who is a Lions fan.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    How can the let flowers keep playing?!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478

far be it from me to disagree with the juggler.

plenty of mediocre QBs have won SBs but Eli might be the only one with two.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

read the article
    No one's saying he's the greatest QB of all time. He doesn't have speed.  So he's not going to be running every time. It would be more accurate if the QBs he's being compared to played in the exact situation. With the exact same players. The same play calls.

The last 3 or 4 years have been Eli's best years because of McAdoo's play calling. If he had McAdoo from the start. People would be singing a different tune about Eli.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    What in the fuck
  • Options
    Marshall almost gives us a big first down. Then he loses it. And it's almost intercepted. Then the Lions come back and run a punt return for a touchdown. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Come on NFL gods. Give us that first down
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    short.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    If Philly had a player with manning's career they'd swap Billy Penn with his statue.
    Damn right. Also not the point. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Should have punted there. Still a lot of time. Have to trust the defense
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

read the article
    No one's saying he's the greatest QB of all time. He doesn't have speed.  So he's not going to be running every time. It would be more accurate if the QBs he's being compared to played in the exact situation. With the exact same players. The same play calls.

The last 3 or 4 years have been Eli's best years because of McAdoo's play calling. If he had McAdoo from the start. People would be singing a different tune about Eli.
    Yeah sure. Let's compare him to someone who played in the exact same situations with the exact same players and the exact same play calls. 

Dude. Listen to yourself. You're incapable of having an objective discussion about this guy. Always have been. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

far be it from me to disagree with the juggler.

plenty of mediocre QBs have won SBs but Eli might be the only one with two.
    He is the only one with two. That's why he's so intriguing to me. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    igotid88 said:
    Come on NFL gods. Give us that first down
    Fuck this. You're team has gotten plenty of help from the "NFL Gods" over the years. You're asking them to help you in a week 2 game against the Lions now? Ha...the hell??

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

read the article

Yeah sure. Let's compare him to someone who played in the exact same situations with the exact same players and the exact same play calls. 

Dude. Listen to yourself. You're incapable of having an objective discussion about this guy. Always have been. 

halifax dreams of being eiffel towered by tom brady and big sloppi.

igot has the same dream, but with eli and donnie baseball.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Eli has been doing his job. His receivers can't hold on to the ball
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    No bueno.

Next week I'll be walking a top 3 golf course in the world rather than watching this slop 
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

read the article

there are a lot of factors that go into it. Receivers catching/dropping balls. Running backs making plays. Defenses playing well. Tipped passes getting intercepted or falling on the floor. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Looks like we're gonna go 0-4 to start. We're not beating Tampa and Philly
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Giants should ask the NFL to not let them play MNF or SNF games for awhile
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    I fucking hate these prime time games. Fucks up my sleep 
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    More for the Giants record in these games than how late they are
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

read the article

there are a lot of factors that go into it. Receivers catching/dropping balls. Running backs making plays. Defenses playing well. Tipped passes getting intercepted or falling on the floor. 
    Are you his agent?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

read the article

Are you his agent?
    No. Just watched a lot of the games. Are you blaming Eli for tonight's game? 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    6 things that hurt us. The interception that led to a touchdown. Not calling a timeout before the field goal attempt at the half. Marshall dropping what would have been a huge first down. Offensive line sucks again. Defense did not play well enough. And special teams giving up a touchdown on the punt return.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

read the article

Are you his agent?
    If Eli is your team's quarterback in the Super Bowl against the Pats. You guys would have won.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

move west.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08