Options

Walking out on the Foo Fighters

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Frankly, I couldn't imagine liking a band so much I decided to attend one of their shows ...

Then getting so pissed off in the middle that I walk out entirely.

Of course, I won't walk out of a bad movie, so there ya go
    same principle tho... a movie cost $10... im gonna stay there til the fuckin end... concerts usually cost like $40 - $80... sure as hell not gonna leave that
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    wolfbear wrote:
    Not so much a fan of their cd's but always thought I'd enjoy them live. This makes me wonder? :)

better on cd, imo... kind of fun to see live though... but like it was stated before they don't change the set much.
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,596
    Seen the Foos every tour since 2003..and they definately are doing more showy things..it can be frustrating when you like a bands songs and just want to hear the catalog..but people bitched about ed during storytellers too..green day and their posturing last tour really detracted from the show..less talk more rock for sure..but walking out?? i'm not walking after you....
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    StoneyChixStoneyChix Posts: 125
    I'm going to see the FF'S on the 26th of April..I too have seen em a number of times before..I seriously can't wait..let me ask in what way did it seem staged?

The FF'S are usually pretty damn good live...I don't care what anyone says..I can't wait..:)
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    foos suck. saw them in 97 and 2001, it was good then, but i was stupid back then too. now i see it for what it is. shit. foos=poos
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    foos suck. saw them in 97 and 2001, it was good then, but i was stupid back then too. now i see it for what it is. shit. foos=poos

the only reason why you are calling them poo is because you have your head up your ass!!

foo fighters are great. dave grohl is one of the best front men of the nineties. i think you might have actually been smarter in 97 and 2001!
  • Options
    allmyrivalsallmyrivals Posts: 228
    Cahoots wrote:
    red mos wrote:
    just out of curiousity, what made it so bad? quote]

It was the whole act between songs. From the lame guitar solo contest to the 15 minute over glorifying band intro. It was what i imagine a bonjovi show to be. But what really disappointed me was the 5 mintue glam guitar session in the middle of staked actors... Ruined such a great song

I saw the Foos on the 2005 tour and they were very good. Dave Grohl has been tainted by the radio freindly

I couldnt help but think how Cobain would haved mocked him.

I saw them in Feb. And i 100% agree with this statment.

They sounded amazing....when they got around to playing songs. Between the solos and Dave never shutting the fuck up. He went on a rant about how it was gonna be a long show. And we should get ready for old and new songs. But in the time it took him to say even just that they could have played 2 songs ....it was such a waist of time.

The new album rocks!

And Serj Tankian fucking rules! I was never a System fan by any means ...but i love Serj's Solo effort.

allmyrivals
    EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0031
    WHAAHYEAH!!
  • Options
    I saw the tour, thought it was good. System of a down is not bad, and serg is a talanted singer.
    If its not pj it has to suck huh. Its so competitve, you know serg and ed are doing a big charity for a war veteran.

But he a big piece of shit huh.

amazing, its totally understandable not to like him, but he has a very unique style of singing, and its differant.

Music is suposed to be diifferant.
    It really is supossed to be differant.

Maybee the foos and serg should do exactly what Ed does.
    As far as walking out, you shouldnt have went, becasue that album is good and they are what they are and have always been. So if you really did leave early your crazy for going.

sorry, just my opinion.

it has nothing to do with pearl jam idiot. thanks for the lesson on music too professor.

this serj asshole came on stage thinking he was the most clever person in the world with his little speeches but all he was was a two-bit hack who did nothing but quote cliches like "religion is the real evil" and "money is ruining your life, burn your money"

hes a piece of garbage. his voive sucks, he dresses like a ringmaster, hes not clever, hes ignorant as fuck and he comes off as a JOKE.

thats MY opinion professor. just because music is different doesnt mean its good. wanna give me some more pointers idiot?
  • Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    I saw the Foos for the 6th time in November last year, and i do know what the original poster means, they do seem to have lost a little of the raw edge that they used to have when it was just four guys playing the hell out of their instruments on stage.

Now they've got about 9 people on stage and although the new stuff is their best in a couple of albums, it doesn;t have quite that intensity that it used to, that feeling that anything could happen at any moment.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I'm seeing them for the first time In sydney in just over a month, and I am really really excited. I think/hope they will be fine.

They still have not announced who is supporting them. Hopefully someone good.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Jam10Jam10 Posts: 654
    I saw the Foo Fighters on March 20 of this year and I thought it was an unbelievable show. Dave Grohl is an awesome frontman and they sounded fantastic together. I loved the show, I thought it was great!
  • Options
    Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    I saw the Foos this year for the first time and was underwhelmed. It was a pretty good show, just not as good as I expected. The acoustic set lasted way too long. I did think Dave was a good frontman/showman. But...I don't have a problem with a frontman being in a good mood :eek:
  • Options
    Maybe it's veering from the topic a little but I thought System of a Down's 'Toxicity' album was pretty brilliant.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    understandable,,its the same shit every night
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Maybe it's veering from the topic a little but I thought System of a Down's 'Toxicity' album was pretty brilliant.

agreed i like sotd
  • Options
    gtrplyrgtrplyr Posts: 115
    it has nothing to do with pearl jam idiot. thanks for the lesson on music too professor.

this serj asshole came on stage thinking he was the most clever person in the world with his little speeches but all he was was a two-bit hack who did nothing but quote cliches like "religion is the real evil" and "money is ruining your life, burn your money"

hes a piece of garbage. his voive sucks, he dresses like a ringmaster, hes not clever, hes ignorant as fuck and he comes off as a JOKE.

thats MY opinion professor. just because music is different doesnt mean its good. wanna give me some more pointers idiot?

Well leave it to mister maturity to start spouting off his bullshit and namecalling.

Serj is a cool guy. Stands for many causes and backs his statements up. If you don't agree with his politics, thats one thing.

He is ignorant? Of what, exactly?

Just because his music is different, doesn't mean its bad either. You're probably not a fan of Mr. Bungle which contains one of the most ingenious and immitated vocalists ever. But its "weird" and "different" so it must be garbage, right?
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

personally i prefer eponymous and steal this album. :)

as for the foos, i saw them in feb at MSG and if id have drunk 3 more drinks i probably would have thought they were the best band ever. :D:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

When you start trying to sound cool before you make a statement its hard to listen, and give you any credibility. Because why would you even give an idiot like me a chance. Iy you really thought that.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    iiseeiisee Charlotte, NC Posts: 485
    I walked out of a Sting show a few years ago for some of the same reasons...Basically, SOOOO 'staged' and even had singing and dancing girls...I thought I was in Vegas!! The only reason I went in the first place was Johnny Lang was the opener....and TOTALLY blew the Sting Dinner Show off the fucking stage!
    8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  • Options
    Alot of opinions I respect in here.
    My conclusion on this topic will rest on these points.

1 Serg and even Dave have been acused of talking too much, making quotes people do not understand, and being off color.

( there is a war going on tons of international problems, and too much hate in this world let alone in this post, musicians have been the voice of our youth basically since the beggining of rock. Just These last couple of years has our youth ignored it and made fun of them. Ed also talks too much, but usually good causes.

2 The foos have decent listenable music and the people in here that actually apprecite the rock genre accept them for what they are.

(The ones who tend to know what they like and listen to what they like which is totally acceptable,tend to have differant views, nor the time to fill in the wholes because we need more rock, I for 1 do that with movies.

3 Glam rock which I am going out on a limb and describing, because nobody else will (which led us to way too much speculation and arguing) which leesons credibility when you bitch and do not back it up, sorry, we could have comppared solos?

Glam rock { musicians who used appearance over band substance and songwriting } the problem with this is glam bands usually had great guitar players and shittty bands. Slash, Eddie Van Halen, Bon Jovi, Ozzy, Kiss, some even accused aic as being glam metal during dirt, becasue of the makeup jerry used to wear in the videos. I disagree with aic.

4 Its hard for me to take shots at the bands above and than bands like Creed, Bon Jovi, Korn, Metalica, and Aerosmith you name it bands who do not change their set and play straight to the catalogue, and than when asked on why I see Pearl Jam so much, my answers are they change their set list, and chord selections, and make songs longer with jams every night. Than turn around and rip The Foo Fighters for adding jams and solos.

Its Hypicrital, especially when a simple I dont like the band works.
    When a band puts on a show or adds somketing to their music it shows creativity, its entertainment.

5 There are still people on this measage board who just try to be humorous and take shots at people to prove their point. We are all here for the same reason, fans of Pearl Jam. I wouldnt call someoen a piece of shit, idiot, moron in 1 post and than boast in another about meeting people from the board on this tour becasue I love the fans.
    Peace
    P.S Everyone in this band except Ed has stated that they loved these glam bands and have incorpated their styles along with grohl and most other seattle musicians.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows