Options

Walking out on the Foo Fighters

CahootsCahoots Posts: 140
edited April 2008 in The Porch
I went to go see the Foo Fighters last night. Wow was I disappointed.

I am a pretty longstanding fan of the Foos and I have seen them live a few times... It was always oustanding
Last night was so staged and so cheesy the garbage act between songs ruined the expereince.

I cant wait to see ed vedder on wednesday just to revive my faith in live music.
Cahoots

1992 VAN
1993 VAN
1998 Missoula
2000 Barcelona & Boise
2002 SEA 2x
2003 VAN
2005 VAN, Calgary, Edmonton & Saskatoon
2006 The Gorge
2009 SEA & VAN
2011 VAN
2013 Portland & VAN
2015 Mexico City
2018 Missoula
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    well, foos are wha they are. generic but fun rock music

but that guy they have opening, serj whatever? hes such a piece of shit with absolutely no musical talent. he can go fuck himself. single worst piece of shit music I ever sat thru
  • Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    well, foos are wha they are. generic but fun rock music

but that guy they have opening, serj whatever? hes such a piece of shit with absolutely no musical talent. he can go fuck himself. single worst piece of shit music I ever sat thru

I agree, I hate System Of A Down and his crappy music. He has such a terrible, annoying voice.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    just out of curiousity, what made it so bad? I have seen them 3 times with January 2007 being the most current. I mean, I know they aren't a band to mix up the setlist and that is really the only thing I wish they would do. Did you just not like the acoustic segment or did the sound suck? :confused: I've always thought they put on a fantastic live show, album wise they have gotten stale, but Silence, echoes, patience, and Grace was a pretty awesome record as far as going back to their roots a bit. PS: I could see how Serj from SOAD could get obnoxious, cause I like a few songs but his voice just gets on the nerves to where I can't sit through a record. I'm glad we got Jimmy eat world as an opener. Against Me! wasn't too bad, actually waled away liking a few songs they did which I listen to on rhapsody every now and then.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    I saw the tour, thought it was good. System of a down is not bad, and serg is a talanted singer.
    If its not pj it has to suck huh. Its so competitve, you know serg and ed are doing a big charity for a war veteran.

But he a big piece of shit huh.

amazing, its totally understandable not to like him, but he has a very unique style of singing, and its differant.

Music is suposed to be diifferant.
    It really is supossed to be differant.

Maybee the foos and serg should do exactly what Ed does.
    As far as walking out, you shouldnt have went, becasue that album is good and they are what they are and have always been. So if you really did leave early your crazy for going.

sorry, just my opinion.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    red mos wrote:
    just out of curiousity, what made it so bad? quote]

It was the whole act between songs. From the lame guitar solo contest to the 15 minute over glorifying band intro. It was what i imagine a bonjovi show to be. But what really disappointed me was the 5 mintue glam guitar session in the middle of staked actors... Ruined such a great song

I saw the Foos on the 2005 tour and they were very good. Dave Grohl has been tainted by the radio freindly

I couldnt help but think how Cobain would haved mocked him.
    Cahoots

1992 VAN
    1993 VAN
    1998 Missoula
    2000 Barcelona & Boise
    2002 SEA 2x
    2003 VAN
    2006 The Gorge
    2009 SEA & VAN
    2011 VAN
    2013 Portland & VAN
    2015 Mexico City
    2018 Missoula
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I walked out of a U2 show (fourth row) a few years back.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    This Is Such A Lame Post!!!!!!

The Foo Fighters Are The Shit And Their New Album Is Dope!!!

And Serj Tankian Is An Original Singer Who Is Very Talented!!!!

Clean Your Ears Out And Start Over...............
  • Options
    Cahoots wrote:
    red mos wrote:
    just out of curiousity, what made it so bad? quote]

It was the whole act between songs. From the lame guitar solo contest to the 15 minute over glorifying band intro. It was what i imagine a bonjovi show to be. But what really disappointed me was the 5 mintue glam guitar session in the middle of staked actors... Ruined such a great song

I saw the Foos on the 2005 tour and they were very good. Dave Grohl has been tainted by the radio freindly

I couldnt help but think how Cobain would haved mocked him.

So how do you feel when mike does the glam rock solos
    and the long glorifying band intros
    and how did you feel when cobain mocked Ed.

no more shows
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Cahoots wrote:
    15 minute over glorifying band intro

15 minutes?

Really?
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options

You are 100 percent right.

he is original the new foo album is great
    and any band outside of the
    the dead
    sprigsteen
    pj
    the stones
    driveby truckers, and other bands like this
    are not going to be super, its the same glorifed set, enjoy it once and go home.

no more shows
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    I've seen the Foos several times on this tour (London, Cardiff, Los Angeles) and there show does get a bit predictable, but hey, they are just doing an old-school arena rock show.

Serj was very entertaining...his show is a bit theatrical....obviously it is a bit threatening to some people.
  • Options
    Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    Cahoots wrote:

that's why I like Mike's solos, they aren't glam rock solos.
  • Options
    the foos new album is good. not great. i saw them in toronto last week and they were much better on their previous tour. something was missing from last week's show. maybe it was the ACC as opposed to the Ampitheatre.
    2003: Toronto
    2004: Boston 1
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (1&2)
    2007: LOLLAPALOOZA
    2008: Mansfield (1& 2), EV Toronto
    2009:Toronto
    2010: Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011: EV Detroit, East Troy (1&2), Toronto (1&2) Hamilton
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Detroit
  • Options
    Smellyman wrote:

that's why I like Mike's solos, they aren't glam rock solos.

well iron maiden
    quite a bit
    van halen
    bon jovi
    he had an article in rolling stone in 2000 where he stated his love for samboras voice box
    ive heard tons of cheesey metal solos
    i have no problem with them
    and dave grohl is pretty good on guitar with the same flying v mike played on the binaurul tour

its all good and jamming to me unless the guitar player fucks it up

but hey its cool not to like it.

but calling other bands pieces of shit, when they are doing charites with other bands is not cool

no more shows
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,123
    The one and only time I saw the Foos was in 1999 or 2000 tour with Muse & RHCP...

The Foos sucked that night, very boring...but liek I said, it was th eonly time I saw them, may have been an off night.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I like Foo Fighters... The only thing I don't really like about seeing them live is that Dave kind of screams at weird times during songs or he will just kind of scream instead of sing the words... which might sound kind of cool but it's kind of awkward when he does that.

Not a big fan of system of the down but i do dig the way Serj sings, I love the Buckethead album that he sings on... it's very good.
  • Options
    I thought the new Foo wasn't that good. A little too mellow and bland for me.

And as to the person that said ESPG was a return to their roots? Which Foo have you been listening to? I remember their "roots" kicking my ass all over the place. The most friendly song back then was Big Me. Soft, gentle piano ballads? That's not the Foo I remember in the beginning.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 328
    I saw the tour, thought it was good. System of a down is not bad, and serg is a talanted singer.
    If its not pj it has to suck huh. Its so competitve, you know serg and ed are doing a big charity for a war veteran.

But he a big piece of shit huh.

amazing, its totally understandable not to like him, but he has a very unique style of singing, and its differant.

Music is suposed to be diifferant.
    It really is supossed to be differant.

Maybee the foos and serg should do exactly what Ed does.
    As far as walking out, you shouldnt have went, becasue that album is good and they are what they are and have always been. So if you really did leave early your crazy for going.

sorry, just my opinion.
    wow. just cruisin around being a jerk tonight, eh? go get laid
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358

LOL

Posts like this are so ridiculous. The OP was just sharing his opinion, and you crap on him. But who are you to say anything? Maybe someone will crap on your opinion. Then how would you feel? People are allowed to think and feel however they want. And your post had nothing to do with Ed or the band. So maybe you should take your Foo & Serj lovin' over to their forums.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    Haijay wrote:
    wow. just cruisin around being a jerk tonight, eh? go get laid

a jerk, comon

i thought serg was a good singer, piece of shit.

dude im totally down with half of whats in this post, but I just cant agree when musicians get put down and ripped in here.

thats all

im sorry if I offended anyone, becasue I was not trying too, I thought walking out of the show is a lil melow dramatic, and probably over exagerated

peace

no more shows
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    a jerk, comon

i thought serg was a good singer, piece of shit.

dude im totally down with half of whats in this post, but I just cant agree when musicians get put down and ripped in here.

thats all

im sorry if I offended anyone, becasue I was not trying too, I thought walking out of the show is a lil melow dramatic, and probably over exagerated

peace
    you didnt offend... dont worry... but SOAD does offend my ears everytime i hear them... BOOOO!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    UndieTaker wrote:
    LOL

Posts like this are so ridiculous. The OP was just sharing his opinion, and you crap on him. But who are you to say anything? Maybe someone will crap on your opinion. Then how would you feel? People are allowed to think and feel however they want. And your post had nothing to do with Ed or the band. So maybe you should take your Foo & Serj lovin' over to their forums.

It hanst changged around here at all.

Someone rips a musician to shreds in a disrespectfull way

piece of shit to be exact
    talantless blah blah blah.

so than someone agrees its an opinion, and trys to clean it up

than a buddy or someone looking to sound tuff shows up and makes it worse and blames us when all we did was respond respectively, and subjectively, we didnt crap on him at all.

Hands down the only crapping in htis post was calling others musicians pieces of shit, which is against the rules might I add.

So now you are telling us to get out and go love serg and foo,and tell me to go get laid, when I was sratight up respectfull
    because of our opinion.
    Its great when we it comes to this nonsene and goes absolutley knowhere.

no more shows
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    you didnt offend... dont worry... but SOAD does offend my ears everytime i hear them... BOOOO!

I dont own any of their music, but he is original, and he is good for music, its better than every band trying to sound like ed.

Thats my point
    I really do like the foos, especially their new album, and their shows are not bad, great nights out when nothing else is around.

no more shows
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    Wow, I would have taken a day off of work to drive down from WI to Chicago to see Foo Fighters and Serj on a Monday night if I had a vacation day I could use! To each his own I guess. While the Foo Fighters aren't outwardly "exceptional" in any sense, they steadily create GOOD music. I look at them in the same category as Stone Temple Pilots. Neither band ever did anything OUTSTANDING, but along the way they both made a lot of good music despite retaining the same sound over time. And if you put the shoe on the other foot, there's probably plenty of people out there who would say Foo Fighters or STP are better then PJ because they stuck to their signature sound and perfected it. I think PJ is a much better band for having the balls to experiement and evolve over the years, but I don't think the FF or STP are bad either.

And as for Serj, I used to fucking HATE SOAD when they first came out! I thought they were loud, annoying, obnoxious, and pointless. But, listening to the music and having seen a few live shows, my opinion is completely the opposite now. The guy is an INNOVATOR, and he does have an excellent voice.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I dont own any of their music, but he is original, and he is good for music, its better than every band trying to sound like ed.

Thats my point
    I really do like the foos, especially their new album, and their shows are not bad, great nights out when nothing else is around.

I agree w/ everything said here.
  • Options
    Cahoots wrote:

Seen PJ live since 1992... Never recalled a glam rock solo. Never recalled a band intro that was more than 3 min and PJ deserved to be mocked by Cobain.
    Cahoots

1992 VAN
    1993 VAN
    1998 Missoula
    2000 Barcelona & Boise
    2002 SEA 2x
    2003 VAN
    2006 The Gorge
    2009 SEA & VAN
    2011 VAN
    2013 Portland & VAN
    2015 Mexico City
    2018 Missoula
  • Options
    Cahoots wrote:
    [QU

Seen PJ live since 1992... Never recalled a glam rock solo. Never recalled a band intro that was more than 3 min and PJ deserved to be mocked by Cobain.

Ive heard Mikes glam rock solos live at the camden 2000 shows.

He plays rifs from Irom maiden and Ozzy.

And I have never heard the Bon Jovi song, but he was quoted as saying he had.

Also I have also heard mike play songs with a an 80s metal style sound with a white flying v mailny jones beach 2000.

Define these Foo Fighter glam rock riffs?

When I saw them, it remeinded of exactly what STP did, they play Deep Purple rifs ect, ect, before songs. And Dave did a lot of sreaming, kind of a happy but an upwardly chanting kind of a scream.

I love long intros im sorry but I have to admit that. Anything to change things up.

Pj has done some intros close to 3 min.
    The Jack Irons steel drum intro on the 96 tour.And they added a nice intro to Garden in 06
    They had a long intro into inside job, which now that I think of it was sort glam chords and definantly differant than the album, during North Jersey 06.

Their was also a real good 2 min intro in Europe 2000 before present tense.

So I am sure the Foos were not as good as PJ, but its still all creative. And better than the usual, becasue most bands just play their songs radio style, and that is the first thing I try to compare.

no more shows
  • Options
    What the hell is a "glam rock solo"?

I loved Serj, he has unique voice and puts on a good show.
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Not so much a fan of their cd's but always thought I'd enjoy them live. This makes me wonder? :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Frankly, I couldn't imagine liking a band so much I decided to attend one of their shows ...

Then getting so pissed off in the middle that I walk out entirely.

Of course, I won't walk out of a bad movie, so there ya go
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do