Come on!!! Open AET!!!!

PrlJam27PrlJam27 Posts: 346
edited November 2005 in Technical Stuff and Help
Dont make us all suffer because of just a few assholes.....PLEASE?!?!?!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i second this motion ....open it again ... we'll be good i promise
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • I third this motion, it seems to open for a short time and then close again.
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    toronado10 wrote:
    I third this motion, it seems to open for a short time and then close again.
    No it doesn't. It has been closed since 9/30/05. The only reason you see new threads appear there is becasue they are moved into AET from other forums on the board.

From Kat: [post]2439695[/post]
  • PrlJam27PrlJam27 Posts: 346
    I still dont see what the problem was over there.
  • I think you have to say "Open Saysame"

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • It got pretty stupid after awhile in there, there were days where I would look at that forum and almost every post on the first page was someone blathering on about how cool they were. Towards the end it seemed like every post on the AET was about the AET, which is just kind of weird and stupid. But the problem wasn't with the forum itself, just a few bad apples who turned an entire forum into one big ego tripping wankfest.

This entire board is dead lately, and its getting boring as hell, they need to do something to liven things up, maybe if they bring AET back we will get some more people and it will help liven up the other forums as well.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • man i've been really down recently and need the aet to lighten up my day.
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    It got pretty stupid after awhile in there, there were days where I would look at that forum and almost every post on the first page was someone blathering on about how cool they were. Towards the end it seemed like every post on the AET was about the AET, which is just kind of weird and stupid. But the problem wasn't with the forum itself, just a few bad apples who turned an entire forum into one big ego tripping wankfest.

This entire board is dead lately, and its getting boring as hell, they need to do something to liven things up, maybe if they bring AET back we will get some more people and it will help liven up the other forums as well.
    This place always seems to get low and slow (that is the tempo) when PJ is not on the road or releasing new material.
  • I think you have to say "Open Saysame"

PBM

or "mekka lekka hi mekka hiney ho"
    "every show is a great show. bitches...." --twolegsyield
  • or "mekka lekka hi mekka hiney ho"

Nice Pee-Wee reference.

:D

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• AET was a disgrace to Pearl Jam and intelligent people everywhere. I know you'll say it was the troublemakers, but have you ever thought how weird it is that Pearl Jam would have a webpage where people just talk about mundane activities? Or where people can get online "affection/validation." It's sad. We shouldn't let computers into our lives to that degree but somehow we have and keeping AET open makes it worse.

Remember when Ed threw a rock through that TV because that's what he thought about television? What do you think he would say about a PC or a webpage like AET? I think he'd personally would throw a missile through AET and tell people to go "spend it all."
  • It got pretty stupid after awhile in there, there were days where I would look at that forum and almost every post on the first page was someone blathering on about how cool they were. Towards the end it seemed like every post on the AET was about the AET, which is just kind of weird and stupid. But the problem wasn't with the forum itself, just a few bad apples who turned an entire forum into one big ego tripping wankfest.

Actually it's YOU who is in charge of entertaining yourself and not this forum. I'm suprised so many need that quick fix of stupidity. Pearl Jam should stop contributing to that culture.
  • whatever wrote:
    Actually it's YOU who is in charge of entertaining yourself and not this forum. I'm suprised so many need that quick fix of stupidity. Pearl Jam should stop contributing to that culture.

I like talking about music and things with people. So I come to this forum. Not everyone participates in the retarded conversations about stupid nonsense, some of us actually have decent discussions from time to time. I have made friends here and I enjoy it. This place has created a really cool community around the band. There is nothing stupid about that.

There is plenty that was very stupid about what went on on the AET. I had very little to do with that forum, but I think it sucks to punish the people who did like it and weren't being stupid for the actions of those who were. I have said numerous times that the board should be more moderated and focused rather than just a catch all of endless dumb shit.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • I like talking about music and things with people. So I come to this forum. Not everyone participates in the retarded conversations about stupid nonsense, some of us actually have decent discussions from time to time. I have made friends here and I enjoy it. This place has created a really cool community around the band. There is nothing stupid about that.

There is plenty that was very stupid about what went on on the AET. I had very little to do with that forum, but I think it sucks to punish the people who did like it and weren't being stupid for the actions of those who were. I have said numerous times that the board should be more moderated and focused rather than just a catch all of endless dumb shit.

Why do you need a place to type about movies, or how you feel sad today and why do you think that place should be associated with a Pearl Jam website.

I question why everyone NEEDS a place to type their silly thoughts. In 1991 we didn't need this so why do we now? What will it be like in 5 years? Will people have physical withdrawal from not being able to post? Will a DR. have to administer "good vibes" for them to recover.

Think about what you are asking and if it's really a good idea.
  • whatever,

I understand your point, but respectfully disagree. I enjoy/enjoyed communicating with the regulars/non-regulars in that forum. Life is about sharing experiences and those folks make me laugh, cry and think.

I have met some really great people through this board.

PBM

• whatever,

I understand your point, but respectfully disagree. I enjoy/enjoyed communicating with the regulars/non-regulars in that forum. Life is about sharing experiences and those folks make me laugh, cry and think.

I have met some really great people through this board.

PBM

Precisely.

I see no reason not to have a forum where people can come together and share their interests about things. I will say again that the stupid bullshit that went on was pointless and needed to be stopped. But a place where people can come together in a more general way is nothing but positive if done right. The whole point is that it doesn't have to be about endless ego tripping and general stupidity, it is a shame that happened, and it would be nice for people to have another shot at making it a better place.
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    i dont wanna come accross the wrong way, BUT

which part of 'this is not a chat room' did all those ppl not understand?
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • fletchfletch Posts: 57
    aNiMaL wrote:
    This place always seems to get low and slow (that is the tempo) when PJ is not on the road or releasing new material.
    Its slow and low.
    One of these days I'm gonna get organizized.

You spend your life waiting for a moment that just don't come
    Well don't waste your time waiting
    Lost_Clay wrote:
    i dont wanna come accross the wrong way, BUT

which part of 'this is not a chat room' did all those ppl not understand?
    'not'

______

• jojojojo Posts: 645
    Whatever
    I completely agree with PBM and SadProf.

It's nice to be able to have a place where people of common interets ie the band can go to discuss and talk about things. I met so really cool people around here and they are peole that get the whole Pj thing. If I was to start explaining my bootleg collection or taking a week off to hit 4 canadain shows to someone I met in abar or at work or where ever they would look at me like I'm insane but the peps around here get it. I have met one of my closest friends on the board, and wouldn't have other wise seeing he lives about 5 hours from me.

As to AET the point of this thread it was fun but a bit over the top i hung out there a bit and it was at least very amusing and I do miss it
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
    for those of you who need a fix:
    http://strat21.proboards60.com/index.cgi

• for those of you who need a fix:
    http://strat21.proboards60.com/index.cgi

I didn't know about that one.

It's like the division of churches in religion.

:D

PBM

• well the good stuff was that we are all pearl jam fans and even talk to other s about private parts in life
    i don´t wanna go into chat roams bec. there are so many diffrent and sometimes
    so diffrent crowds that i want somethink like this here i want the aet back
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    Sometimes people work hard at their jobs. get stressed out because thats what work can do for ya.

Joking around with some "friends" or "itnernet friends" since most of us dont know eachother personally, can be quite a stress relief. I see no problem with that. Of course it got a bit out of hand on the AET. If it was brought back i see it being much different and more topical like it used to be. Those of us who like to just dick around sometimes can go other places and do that.

as to the whatever dude. i dont really understand what you have so much against it. Why do you need to go on the internet and discuss pearl jam? and their lives? you know? whats the difference....if you have the cds and music and friends at home, then just do that right?
  • the AET was fun. most people cried because they didn't understand what was going on...much like the Moving Train which is, of course, the worst idea in the history of the internet.
    also, whateverman, i doubt any band member ever reads this shit.
    i'd have to rethink my stance with the band if i knew they read the shit that's posted here.
    Vice President of the Synchronicity Club.
  • edeneden Posts: 407
    whatever wrote:
    AET was a disgrace to Pearl Jam and intelligent people everywhere. I know you'll say it was the troublemakers, but have you ever thought how weird it is that Pearl Jam would have a webpage where people just talk about mundane activities? Or where people can get online "affection/validation." It's sad. We shouldn't let computers into our lives to that degree but somehow we have and keeping AET open makes it worse.

Remember when Ed threw a rock through that TV because that's what he thought about television? What do you think he would say about a PC or a webpage like AET? I think he'd personally would throw a missile through AET and tell people to go "spend it all."

Anyone catch the irony here?
    "Whatever" is chastising us for AET and our need for validation, yet in the same breath is saying "What would Daddy Eddie think??" Lol.... now THATS pathetic.

BTW, this board is dead because Im not here too shake it up anymore...its ok for people to verbalize it ;).
  • Its threads like this that keep it closed. Every fucking day there is a thread, 'Where's the AET?', 'Bring back the AET'. Shut the fuck up already. Do you really think that Kat and Sea read these posts and say, 'Ya know what. Yeah, lets open it up again.' And don't fucking blame a few individuals. There's a lot of other stupid shit that is posted on Synergy, that to me, is a waste of fucking time. Who gives a fuck about 20 pages of Ashton Kutcher or what type of shoes Eddie has, or how many fucking shows you've been to, or what your ranking is on the albums, polls that rank the best first song on the album. That's why polls were stopped because of dumbass polls. Fact is, if you dont agree with what was going on in there, don't read it. Plain and simple. Kat did a great job at closing it up. Keep it closed.
  • Its threads like this that keep it closed. Every fucking day there is a thread, 'Where's the AET?', 'Bring back the AET'. Shut the fuck up already. Do you really think that Kat and Sea read these posts and say, 'Ya know what. Yeah, lets open it up again.' And don't fucking blame a few individuals. There's a lot of other stupid shit that is posted on Synergy, that to me, is a waste of fucking time. Who gives a fuck about 20 pages of Ashton Kutcher or what type of shoes Eddie has, or how many fucking shows you've been to, or what your ranking is on the albums, polls that rank the best first song on the album. That's why polls were stopped because of dumbass polls. Fact is, if you dont agree with what was going on in there, don't read it. Plain and simple. Kat did a great job at closing it up. Keep it closed.

Thank you for not mentioning the Yield thread.

:p

PBM

• edeneden Posts: 407
    Its threads like this that keep it closed. Every fucking day there is a thread, 'Where's the AET?', 'Bring back the AET'. Shut the fuck up already. Do you really think that Kat and Sea read these posts and say, 'Ya know what. Yeah, lets open it up again.' And don't fucking blame a few individuals. There's a lot of other stupid shit that is posted on Synergy, that to me, is a waste of fucking time. Who gives a fuck about 20 pages of Ashton Kutcher or what type of shoes Eddie has, or how many fucking shows you've been to, or what your ranking is on the albums, polls that rank the best first song on the album. That's why polls were stopped because of dumbass polls. Fact is, if you dont agree with what was going on in there, don't read it. Plain and simple. Kat did a great job at closing it up. Keep it closed.

It made people feel sad and alienated because the cool kids were being cliquish, dont you get it beetle? Now shut your pie hole.
  • 62strat wrote:
    Sometimes people work hard at their jobs. get stressed out because thats what work can do for ya.

Joking around with some "friends" or "itnernet friends" since most of us dont know eachother personally, can be quite a stress relief. I see no problem with that. Of course it got a bit out of hand on the AET. If it was brought back i see it being much different and more topical like it used to be. Those of us who like to just dick around sometimes can go other places and do that.

as to the whatever dude. i dont really understand what you have so much against it. Why do you need to go on the internet and discuss pearl jam? and their lives? you know? whats the difference....if you have the cds and music and friends at home, then just do that right?

So you think it's all or none? Either we talk about PJ plus everything going on inside everyone elses heads about nonsense or we shouldn't talk at all?

I think differently. We should have PJ discussion and Current Event debates. Those make sense on a pearl jam forum. I think AET doesn't make sense here. If you want to talk about getting together before shows there is a place for that here. If you want to share experineces about life, they won't get deleted.

BUT STRAT, you daily posts about "How much beer should I drink" or "My dad wants to sell me his lexus for a penny; is that a good deal" or "I'm thinking of a number, does anyone know it." Those posts are not needed and AET was your place for those.

And you are wrong. If AET was opened the same stuff would happen again. People would be chatting about nonsense and you would be part of it. NO ONE has discretion and it wouldn't start now.