Sirius Radio Users?

13»

Comments

• rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    possomists wrote:
    i will give you my entire poster colelction and everything pj i own if you show me one thing that you didnt make up that shows me that xm is in shambles, i dare you to show me one thing that shows the sirius is better than xm, xm outsells them by 3 million units, 3 million

You post an "article" without any reference to where it came from. For all I know you could have written it based on the way you presented it.

See pjalabama's post since you are still convinced that no one listens to football on the radio.

Keep your xm receiver. It will be a collector's item one day, like a laserdisc player.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • possomistspossomists Posts: 427
    google howard stern, and theres 100's of articles that back me up, wheres your one to back you up? Mine is from wallstreet journal, go ahead and google it, I didn't say no one listens to football on the radio, i said that most people, at least 80% watch it, hey guys wanna come over for a superbowl party, we can all sit around my sirius radio and listen to the game.
    wheres your evidence to back you up? It's been two days.
    All sattelite radio is good, don't try to knock xm, especially with facts your making up.
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
    possomists wrote:
    google howard stern, and theres 100's of articles that back me up, wheres your one to back you up? Mine is from wallstreet journal, go ahead and google it, I didn't say no one listens to football on the radio, i said that most people, at least 80% watch it, hey guys wanna come over for a superbowl party, we can all sit around my sirius radio and listen to the game.
    wheres your evidence to back you up? It's been two days.
    All sattelite radio is good, don't try to knock xm, especially with facts your making up.

Here's some more facts I will make up and unlike you I actually provide you with the links to the articles and don't ask you to go search for them. Notice the dates on all the articles are either May or June of this year.

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?siteid=mktw&guid=%7B2225A80B-0B93-42A2-8EA9-6C558C82F658%7D

http://www.radioink.com/HeadlineEntry.asp?hid=133876&pt=todaysnews

http://www.thestreet.com/_googlen/stocks/media/10286190.html?cm_ven=GOOGLEN&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=226593

Your argument about the Super Bowl is so idiotic. The same argument could be made for inviting your friends over to "listen" to the World Series on xm. Of course, it is better to watch it on TV. I enjoy listening to football on the radio, as do a lot of other people. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

And I'm so sorry "it's been two days" without me posting a response. I have a job and a life outside of this messageboard. I am not sitting in my parent's basement anxiously waiting for my only contact with the outside world through my computer.

We can agree that all satelite radio is good. I have nothing personally against XM, I have never heard it. If you like it, more power to you.
  • CenterCityCenterCity Posts: 193
    hi:
    i needed to move a thread to another category.
    thanks.
    I need to finish writing.
  • CenterCityCenterCity Posts: 193
    sorry wrong thread.
    I need to finish writing.
    you posted the same article from four different forums. Thats the same as saying I made 4 million last year, and this year only three, I am such a loser. Sirius is a popular item right now and of course it's going to be a good competition for xm, but there is a reason xm is number one, and if you give it a listen you will understand, you can try it for free for a week, which gives you access to every channel, unlike sirius, which only lets you listen to some shows because howie refuses to let people hear him for free, xm is really good, and offers alot of great unique features on their units, you should really check out what they have, there new live portable units like the pioneer inno, are insane.

Secondly, my comparisons between football and baseball on the radio isnt idiotic. I understand that people like to listen to football on the radio. But my point was that baseball would be the most requested sport for consumers to want in their car over other sports. Theres 169 baseball games, chances are your gonna miss some and be in the car and need to hear it on the radio. Theres 16 nfl games and they're mostly on sunday, when the majority of people are off and have plenty of time to watch it, in fact they devote time just to watch it, so chances are majorities of football fans arent going to listen to it on the radio. My point was the majority of people would rather have a baseball radio broadcast than football, and the company that offers baseball would probably say that they have the most listened to and needed sport in radio.Therefore making them the better company when it comes to sports programs. I thought you were boasting that it is greater to have nfl on the radio than baseball because football is the more popular sport, I assumed that because you said:
    "I am a huge baseball fan but I admit that the NFL is the most popular sport in America so that would give Sirius an edge over XM."
    If you have nothing personally against xm, they when did you bash xm? you claimed it is in shambles, going extinct, and has bad programs.
    You based your whole argument on something you never heard. Good day sir.
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
    and I'm not in my basement, the computer is in my parents upstairs room, write back soon please
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    thanks for getting rid of howard
    possomists wrote:
    you posted the same article from four different forums. Thats the same as saying I made 4 million last year, and this year only three, I am such a loser. Sirius is a popular item right now and of course it's going to be a good competition for xm, but there is a reason xm is number one, and if you give it a listen you will understand, you can try it for free for a week, which gives you access to every channel, unlike sirius, which only lets you listen to some shows because howie refuses to let people hear him for free, xm is really good, and offers alot of great unique features on their units, you should really check out what they have, there new live portable units like the pioneer inno, are insane.

Secondly, my comparisons between football and baseball on the radio isnt idiotic. I understand that people like to listen to football on the radio. But my point was that baseball would be the most requested sport for consumers to want in their car over other sports. Theres 169 baseball games, chances are your gonna miss some and be in the car and need to hear it on the radio. Theres 16 nfl games and they're mostly on sunday, when the majority of people are off and have plenty of time to watch it, in fact they devote time just to watch it, so chances are majorities of football fans arent going to listen to it on the radio. My point was the majority of people would rather have a baseball radio broadcast than football, and the company that offers baseball would probably say that they have the most listened to and needed sport in radio.Therefore making them the better company when it comes to sports programs. I thought you were boasting that it is greater to have nfl on the radio than baseball because football is the more popular sport, I assumed that because you said:
    "I am a huge baseball fan but I admit that the NFL is the most popular sport in America so that would give Sirius an edge over XM."
    If you have nothing personally against xm, they when did you bash xm? you claimed it is in shambles, going extinct, and has bad programs.
    You based your whole argument on something you never heard. Good day sir.

You obviously didn't read the articles because it is not the same article from "four different forums".

So the reason xm is number one is because on their free trial they give you access to all their channels? Brilliant argument. Like I said I have never heard xm, and I have no desire to because I am more than happy with sirius. Sirius has what I want: Stern, the NFL, and great music channels.

You argue that Sirius does not let people who do not subscribe listen to all of their channels for free. Isn't that good marketing? Don't give people for free what you are trying to get them to pay for. At least when you pay for a subscription you get all the channels. XM used to charge extra for Playboy and Greg and Anthony. (I know they don't anymore. One reason is because Playboy is now on Sirius, where NASCAR will be next year.) Why should Stern give away his show for free? He is offering a pay service. Maybe he should follow in the Greg and Anthony vein and offer a watered down version.

Your argument about baseball does make sense (and it is hard for me to argue against my favorite sport). There are actually 162 games, not 169.

I don't have anything against xm. What I do have a problem with is everytime there is a Sirius thread some xm fan comes in and says how much better xm is than sirius. (Notice the name of this thread is "Sirius Radio Users?") I see a lot of threads about things that I don't care for but I don't feel the need to post in them and piss on fans of whatever the thread is about.
    i didnt say they were number one because of the free trial, but it would help make sense for someone who is interested in seeing which is better to try it out and see for themselves. and the thread is "sirius users thread?" which is a question, so I answered with my answer of xm is better, and why did it take yo uso long to reply, im lonely sugar bottom
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
    possomists wrote:
    i didnt say they were number one because of the free trial, but it would help make sense for someone who is interested in seeing which is better to try it out and see for themselves. and the thread is "sirius users thread?" which is a question, so I answered with my answer of xm is better, and why did it take yo uso long to reply, im lonely sugar bottom

Sorry, I only have internet access at work, lollipop.