Options

Sirius Radio Users?

Comments

• Options
    like a month ago or whenever pearl jam was in town...howard mentioned the band and how he really dug glorified g.....was awesome he started singin along with the band
  • Options
    possomistspossomists Posts: 427
    i used to feel bad for you brian washed knuckelheads, now i just laugh at you, stern has been riding glorified for the last 5 years, thats all he knows, you guys have no idea the man you worship and the lies he tells you, its very very similar to george bush, youll see soon, hoo hoo
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    bones0138bones0138 Posts: 52
    possomists wrote:
    i used to feel bad for you brian washed knuckelheads, now i just laugh at you, stern has been riding glorified for the last 5 years, thats all he knows, you guys have no idea the man you worship and the lies he tells you, its very very similar to george bush, youll see soon, hoo hoo
    again, this thread was about SIRIUS, not Stern...until 2 of the 15 people who still listen to G & A brought him up. who's REALLY brain-washed here? just like your masters, you can't go 5 seconds without mentioning Stern's name.
  • Options
    possomists wrote:
    shouldve gotten xm buddy. you got second best, not bad, but second best
    mmm.....have to disagree. the only thing you get with XM that you don't w/ Sirius is the MLB stuff. Sirius get s EVERY other sport including the best of them all......THE N F L!!!!!!!

plus Howard....(I mean at least if you WANT to listen)

XM sucks!!!!!
  • Options
    How do you find the PJ songs on Sirius?
  • Options
    alphonse55 wrote:
    I had XM free for 3 months with my new car. It was decent but I ended up buying an external receiver to listen to Sirius. It blows away XM.
    thank you
  • Options
    LongRhodeLongRhode Posts: 93
    Since this is a Pearl Jam board.. let's decide to let Pearl Jam plays settle this argument eh?

Do a search of songs played on both and decide for yourself..

Sirius: http://siriusbackstage.com/songseek.php
    XM: http://www.xmmonitor.com/played/search

As for quality.. neither are CD quality and to be honest, both have compressed their streams over the years to add more stations. Sound quality has gotten worse on both systems. I have XM and love it.. but the sound is not CD quality
    1991 - Warwick RI
    1994 - Boston Garden 1
    2003 - Mansfield 1
    2004 - Boston 1 & 2
    2006 - Albany, Boston 1, Dublin Ireland
    2008 - Mansfield 1 & 2, EV Boston 1
  • Options
    10_pearljam10_pearljam Posts: 172
    Four words... N, F, L and NASCAR. The two biggest sports in the country. XM did such a great job with NASCAR that they are switching to Sirius next year. XM is a great choice. Fox News left Sirius to go to XM and now wants back on Sirius...

Quick Notes:

*During the month of May, Sirius' stock price declined only 5 percent to $4.41 while XM's dropped a more precipitous 21.5 percent to $14.69.

*Only hours after XM announced on May 24 a reduction in its 2006 subscriber guidance, to 8.5 million from 9 million, Sirius put out its own release reaffirming that it will hit its target of more than 6.2 million subscribers at the end of this year. Since then, Sirius' stock has gained 18.8 percent, or more than three times as much as XM's has.

Also, in a recent study, when asked about satellite radio, the public responded recognizing Sirius and the Sirius Dog Logo about two times more often than XM Radio.

Admit it...XM is on the DECLINE!!! LOL...Why do you think Greg and Anthony are broadcasting on old fashioned radio???
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    I hope MLB goes to Sirius when its contract with XM ends. Maybe it will turn into a VHS/Beta thing where everyone thought Beta would rule but VHS took over.

I love Sirius but to be fair I have never heard XM. I got Sirius for Stern and Howard 100 is worth the $12.95 a month. The music channels are great. Check out Matt Pinfield plays whatever he wants every other Thursday at 4pm Pacific. Great show!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    depopulationINCdepopulationINC Posts: 2,074
    ive had both sirius and XM. I have had sirius for 3 years now, and would not go back to XM...though it is great, I think Sirius is better. As for sound quality...they are about the same, and no, it is not perfect, but it is pretty good. I would call it equall to a well used CD
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Options
    NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    To be honest I never change the station from Howard 100. Greatest show in the history of radio.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Options
    dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    XM is carrying the World Cup exclusively. That, and NASCAR and baseball. When the English Premiership kicks off and the NFL season starts, I'll be getting a Sirius.
  • Options
    ive had both sirius and XM. I have had sirius for 3 years now, and would not go back to XM...though it is great, I think Sirius is better. As for sound quality...they are about the same, and no, it is not perfect, but it is pretty good. I would call it equall to a well used CD

When everyone says they don't have real crisp quality sound, are you listening through your regular radio or do you have a stereo just for Sirius?

I have the JVC version of Sirius. I can take out the little Palm Pilot-like Sirius and put it in the jack in my car or in the jack in the Sirius boombox. When it is in the boombox the sound is fantastic! My friends have commented on it as well so it is not just me.
  • Options
    whalers90whalers90 Posts: 4
    ok i have XM and i have no problem or difference and i also don't think there is any true way to tell which or what plays clearer.
    Honestly i don't understand the GREAT thing about sirius carrying the NFL it has to be the worst sport to listen to on the radio.baseball is so much easier on the radio and Nhl is also.
    and nascar.....please "he drove in a circle" there is your broadcast. it sucks on tv why would you want it on radio?
    Randalls island ny 10/28/96
    East rutherford nj 06/01/06
    East rutherford nj 06/03/06
    Newark NJ 5/18/10
  • Options
    who listens to nfl on the radio? It's one day a week. And sirius has such great units that if you want to listen to a game you can take the great portable unit with you, but you have to download the game after its over. So don't watch the game, listen to it on Monday, AWESOME SIRIUS, or you can jsut go with xm and listen live, the also go into detail about every game every ten minutes, but the game I really care about i'm watching on tv, xm destroys sirius when it comes to sport, I can lsiten to games live at Yankee stadium, or anywhere I want. i can sit at a jets game listen or just look at the xm unit and get a yankee score or any other football highlight, there is no argument, xm wins in sports
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    possomists wrote:
    who listens to nfl on the radio? It's one day a week. And sirius has such great units that if you want to listen to a game you can take the great portable unit with you, but you have to download the game after its over. So don't watch the game, listen to it on Monday, AWESOME SIRIUS, or you can jsut go with xm and listen live, the also go into detail about every game every ten minutes, but the game I really care about i'm watching on tv, xm destroys sirius when it comes to sport, I can lsiten to games live at Yankee stadium, or anywhere I want. i can sit at a jets game listen or just look at the xm unit and get a yankee score or any other football highlight, there is no argument, xm wins in sports

I grew up in New Orleans and am a Saints fan. I now live in California. I listened to 90% of the Saints games with the home town broadcast on the radio last year including pre-season. It was great to be able to listen to the games on the radio. Many people in New Orleans would turn down the sound on the TV and listen to the games through the radio.

I honestly do not understand how you can say xm wins in sports since Sirius has football, basketball, NHL, and soon, Nascar. While I do agree that baseball is the best to listen to on the radio, just the number of sports Sirius has makes it better than xm in sports.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

I honestly do not understand how you can say xm wins in sports since Sirius has football, basketball, NHL, and soon, Nascar. While I do agree that baseball is the best to listen to on the radio, just the number of sports Sirius has makes it better than xm in sports.

well they win because they do have mlb, nhl, nascar, and nba, so thatnks for proving my point, sirius is getting one nascar channel, I dont really care, but xm has 5 channels includind drivers own additional channels, so thanks for proving my point that xm wins in sports, you have nfl
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    sirius has nfl and soon A nascar channel, xm has everything else, including nascar, plus soccer, so they the only thing they dont have is nfl
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    possomists wrote:
    well they win because they do have mlb, nhl, nascar, and nba, so thatnks for proving my point, sirius is getting one nascar channel, I dont really care, but xm has 5 channels includind drivers own additional channels, so thanks for proving my point that xm wins in sports, you have nfl

I didn't know xm had all those other sports as well. My bad.
  • Options
    pjambamapjambama Posts: 126
    sirius is the premium content leader of satellite radio. has most popular sports nfl, nba, premium college sports teams alabama, usc, texas, oklahoma,notredame 2 name a few, all ncaa tournament games. xm has mlb, soccer, nhl, some college teams, no ncaa tournament games.

just depends on your preferences. for example, if u r a miami hurricane and florida marlin fan. u would go with xm. if u r a alabama or saints fan u would go with sirius
  • Options
    depopulationINCdepopulationINC Posts: 2,074
    rrivers wrote:
    When everyone says they don't have real crisp quality sound, are you listening through your regular radio or do you have a stereo just for Sirius?

I have the JVC version of Sirius. I can take out the little Palm Pilot-like Sirius and put it in the jack in my car or in the jack in the Sirius boombox. When it is in the boombox the sound is fantastic! My friends have commented on it as well so it is not just me.

to me it sounds good in my car. It is the same argument as burned CDs. Any tim you compress you will loose some quality. As far as the digital VS analog argument....well, the is no such thing as pure digital anyways....it is all eventually converted to analog. It sounds great....but no, you do not get the same quality as a new CD.
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Options
    Yeah it sounds pretty good in my car as well. The only problem there is that it was kind of hard for me to find a good station to play it through, so there is some static every once in awhile but I am ok with it.

I am a huge baseball fan but I admit that the NFL is the most popular sport in America so that would give Sirius an edge over XM.
  • Options
    football is the most popular TELEVISED sport in america, so lets LISTEN to it on the radio, and if we ge tthe portable sirius unit we can listen to the game on monday, so don't WATCh the game, dont watch espn, dont read the papers, download it and LISTEN to it the next day oh boy the fun! yeah! And lets listen to strippers on the radio yeah we got howie for that! boy you sirius users really dont understand the value of your eyes. We have the sports that are fun to listen to on xm. and the radio hosts that you can enjoy listening to, not having to want to see what they are talking about.
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    possomists wrote:
    football is the most popular TELEVISED sport in america, so lets LISTEN to it on the radio, and if we ge tthe portable sirius unit we can listen to the game on monday, so don't WATCh the game, dont watch espn, dont read the papers, download it and LISTEN to it the next day oh boy the fun! yeah! And lets listen to strippers on the radio yeah we got howie for that! boy you sirius users really dont understand the value of your eyes. We have the sports that are fun to listen to on xm. and the radio hosts that you can enjoy listening to, not having to want to see what they are talking about.

I listen to the game as it is happening. Um, football is the most popular sport in America period. Just because you don't like to listen to it on the radio does not mean other people don't.

How funny that you mock Stern for having strippers and your lame signature asks ladies to pm you.
  • Options
    you dont see the difference between listening to strippers and touching actual girls? and baseball is the most popular sport on the radio so are you proud to have football on the radio if your into the most popular things? and you dont listen to the game live on your portable unit, only xm has that feature
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    possomists wrote:
    you dont see the difference between listening to strippers and touching actual girls? and baseball is the most popular sport on the radio so are you proud to have football on the radio if your into the most popular things? and you dont listen to the game live on your portable unit, only xm has that feature

I'm sure you get a lot of girls with your cool signature and great grasp of grammar.

What's the point in arguing? Stern alone has left xm in shambles. Guess they should have made him a better offer.
  • Options
    i will give you my entire poster colelction and everything pj i own if you show me one thing that you didnt make up that shows me that xm is in shambles, i dare you to show me one thing that shows the sirius is better than xm, xm outsells them by 3 million units, 3 million
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    I cant belive you actually think that xm is in shambles, there are tons of reports how siriius is the one in shambles for giving stern 600 million, and xm should have offered him more? geez your clueless
    heres just one of the many reports to back me up:

To many entertainment industry insiders, the sheer size of the deal that helped Sirius Satellite Radio lure Howard Stern away from terrestrial radio in January meant that the company's fortunes were forever tied to the shock jock.

That became exceedingly clear today, when the company reported a wider first-quarter loss despite seeing its revenue nearly triple and surpassing 4.1 million subscribers.

Sirius reported a loss of $458.5 million, or 33 cents a share, a marked drop from a loss of $193.6 million, or 15 cents a share, in the same period a year ago. Wall Street analysts had been expecting a loss of 36 cents per share, according to a survey from Thomson Financial.

The loss came largely due to stock-related compensation expenses of $284.6 million, $225 million of which went to Stern and his associates as part of the $600 million deal he signed last year to ditch CBS Radio for Sirius. All companies had to begin recording stock-related compensation this year under new accounting rules.

The company said stock compensation costs accounted for 20 cents per share of the 33-cent per-share loss.

The loss came despite what the company touted as huge gains in the quarter. Quarterly revenues nearly tripled, surging to $126.7 million from $43.2 million in the same period a year ago.

Sirius also nearly tripled its revenue based on strong advertising sales.

"Sirius generated more advertising revenue in the first quarter than we generated in all of 2005," Sirius CEO Mel Karmazin said in a conference call today. "We are already the advertising revenue leader in satellite radio."

Karmazin reiterated the company's commitment not to keep its music channels commercial-free, a hallmark of satellite radio.

Sirius added 761,000 subscribers in the period, enough to raise its end-of-year projections to 6.2 million subscribers. Rival XM Radio concluded the quarter with 6.5 million subscribers and expects to hit 9 million by the end of the year.
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    to me it sounds good in my car. It is the same argument as burned CDs. Any tim you compress you will loose some quality. As far as the digital VS analog argument....well, the is no such thing as pure digital anyways....it is all eventually converted to analog. It sounds great....but no, you do not get the same quality as a new CD.

Yeah my sirius sounds good, i wouldn't say outstanding or great but I can really tell the lower quality when someone is singing and says words that start or end with the letter S, do you know what I mean? Thats where I really can tell the lower sound quality.
    "Keep on Rockin In the Free World"

"Gimli,MB 08-14-93"
    "Fargo,ND 06-15-03"
    "Winnipeg,MB 09-08-05"
    "Thunder Bay,ON 09-09-05"
  • Options
    pjambamapjambama Posts: 126
    possomists wrote:

like i said b4 xm is cool but sirius is cooler because of premium content. as a die hard bama football fan. roll tide roll!!people do and will listen 2 alabama games on sirius. bama fans are signing up 4 sirius across the country. my friends in cali and texas and florida r subscribing and the main reason?

they can now listen 2 the snake(kenny stabler) and eli gold pregame, play by play of the game and post game interviews with coach shula and others on sirius in their cars, boats, at the beach and homes. many other loyal fans of sirius premium sports content r turning _on sirius