*****Philadelphia Eagles 08-09 Official Thread*****

Comments

• Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    saveuplife wrote:
    Bring in the kid.
    who PJSCREAMER??

not even HE can save them!
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    the problem are the recievers.....we got T.O , we went to the superbowl......

WE NEED A BIG PLAY WR !!!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,798
    the problem are the recievers.....we got T.O , we went to the superbowl......

WE NEED A BIG PLAY WR !!!

Yeah...this is definitely NOT the problem.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    petrocs wrote:
    Man I can't say this enough...Andy must go..he's run his course here...the man can't coach this team another game...why is Gods name does this team never stretch the field with the pass to open up the run game? He is obviously sayin his WR's arent as good as he claims. Curtis and Jackson are great #2 receivers...a PROVEN #1 would open this offense up..WAKE UP ANDY

BRING IN THE CHIN! Hire Cowher!

you guys who think Andy must go are nuts. Who are you going to get? This guy has had more success than any coach in the history of the franchise. Granted he does some baffling things during games and seems to be too tied to McNabb but the chances are anyone you replace him with is going to be much worse of a coach. There just aren't that many good coaches out there. Hell Norv Turner keeps getting jobs. The Eagles don't need a new coach, they need better players. The biggest failure of this franchise is our drafts have been average to bad. The fact is this team hasn't replaced any aging stars with great players. Dawkins can't play anymore. McNabb looks like he just doesn't care anymore, Westbrook is constantly hurt and our only good young players are defensive linemen and Desean Jackson. The NFL is about better players. Get better players and we will win again. Maybe you guys who think Andy should go forget the Marion Campbell, Rich Kotite and Ray Rhoads eras of dreadful coaches. Andy is best we ever had (Vermeil doesn't count because he quit on us and only had one great season) and it is not even close.
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    pjhawks wrote:
    you guys who think Andy must go are nuts. Who are you going to get? This guy has had more success than any coach in the history of the franchise. Granted he does some baffling things during games and seems to be too tied to McNabb but the chances are anyone you replace him with is going to be much worse of a coach. There just aren't that many good coaches out there. Hell Norv Turner keeps getting jobs. The Eagles don't need a new coach, they need better players. The biggest failure of this franchise is our drafts have been average to bad. The fact is this team hasn't replaced any aging stars with great players. Dawkins can't play anymore. McNabb looks like he just doesn't care anymore, Westbrook is constantly hurt and our only good young players are defensive linemen and Desean Jackson. The NFL is about better players. Get better players and we will win again. Maybe you guys who think Andy should go forget the Marion Campbell, Rich Kotite and Ray Rhoads eras of dreadful coaches. Andy is best we ever had (Vermeil doesn't count because he quit on us and only had one great season) and it is not even close.

The guy has won 102 games and has never won a Super Bowl. There are a lot of great coaches out there who havent won Super Bowls but this guy is so moronic when it comes to his personnel moves. At the VERY LEAST his general manager position should be revoked. I dont care about Division titles and 1 NFC Championship...I care about a Super Bowl...if he cant bring me one then theres the door...get the FUCK OUT
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    Andy Reid = Marty Schottenheimer.

I've always been a huuuuge Reid supporter, but just like the election - sometimes change is needed for just the sake of change.
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    The guy has won 102 games and has never won a Super Bowl. There are a lot of great coaches out there who havent won Super Bowls but this guy is so moronic when it comes to his personnel moves. At the VERY LEAST his general manager position should be revoked. I dont care about Division titles and 1 NFC Championship...I care about a Super Bowl...if he cant bring me one then theres the door...get the FUCK OUT

well maybe his Super Bowl was stolen by a cheating bastard! Who do you replace him with? It is a huge gamble to replace a quality coach without a proven commodity. Unless you are getting Cowher there is really no one out there worth getting rid of Andy Reid for. I think the answer is not getting rid of the coach but overhauling the roster. I've been McNabb's biggest supporter for years but after the game the other night I think it is time to turn the page on the guy. I actually think he has quit on us. Not the team but the fans. He just has the look of a guy who doesn't care anymore. Where is the fire and desire to win from him anymore? Remember also that the Giants almost fired Tom Coughlin two years ago and they've since won a Super Bowl and are dominating the league again this year - you can't fire quality coaches without a sure-fire quality replacement. The path from a 9 win team to a 4 win team is easier than going from a 9 win team to an 11 win team. We aren't that far off from the top of the league again - 3 or 4 quality players on the roster. Remember also as bleak as it looks now (this season is over in my opinion) but they have only played like one game with a healthy offense and have missed their top offensive lineman for all but 1 game.
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    yep. pretty much. Theres been great regular season coaches and Andy's def one of them. But as far as going all the way? Yall gonna need a diff coach with a diff. mentality for the Eagles
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    yep. pretty much. Theres been great regular season coaches and Andy's def one of them. But as far as going all the way? Yall gonna need a diff coach with a diff. mentality for the Eagles

and who is that guy? I mean Bill Parcells only won what 2 Super Bowls for as haloed as everyone thinks he is. Winning the Super Bowl is incredibly difficulit - to fire a guy because he hasn't done that yet but who has an unmatched run of success for this franchise is just crazy. We need better players! for an example see the Phillies - even Charlie Manual can win when you have great players.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    I mean Bill Parcells only won what 2 Super Bowls for as haloed as everyone thinks he is. Winning the Super Bowl is incredibly difficulit

Read that over again. I think ya just contradicted yourself there guy.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    and who is that guy? I mean Bill Parcells only won what 2 Super Bowls for as haloed as everyone thinks he is. Winning the Super Bowl is incredibly difficulit - to fire a guy because he hasn't done that yet but who has an unmatched run of success for this franchise is just crazy. We need better players! for an example see the Phillies - even Charlie Manual can win when you have great players.
    well thats true. Perhaps its the GM then?
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    well thats true. Perhaps its the GM then?

Reid still has control over player personnel which needs to end. It's this simple: The Eagles/Andy Reid is 1-11 since 2004 against teams with winning records - or something like that. They have lost in the last two/three years something like at least 9 games by 7 points or less with 4 of them coming in the last minute of play. Know what that means? You have an all-around bad team - not a winning one. That's bad time management, bad coaching, bad play calling, bad players. It is time for change for change's sake.
  • Options
    It is time for change for change's sake.

Agreed
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    Read that over again. I think ya just contradicted yourself there guy.

how by saying he won 2 Super Bowls? my point was everyone thinks Parcells is one of the greats of all time and he only won 2 of them. Andy hasn't won one yet (offically but maybe he was cheated out of one) but how many active coaches have won one? Bellicheat, Coughlin, Gruden, Holmgren (who is gone after this year), and Dungy is all I think of off-hand - that is 5 out of 32 for a whopping 16% of current coaches who have won one. it is not like 3/4 of the league has won one and he hasn't. Of the coaches who haven't won one yet I'd put him in the top 3 coaches on that list for sure. His coaching is fine - we need better players. Look at Bellicheck for example - doesn't look so good without Tom Brady does he? and don't give me that the pats are going to make the playoffs - they wouldn't if they were in the NFC East.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    how by saying he won 2 Super Bowls? my point was everyone thinks Parcells is one of the greats of all time and he only won 2 of them.

Yes, by saying he won two. Because after saying he's not great, you then said how incredibly hard it is to win just one Super Bowl. So how hard is it to win two. Parcells is a good coach. He's the reason the Cowboys are where they are today, along with the foundation of what made the Pats, and he took a shitty team like the Jets and took them to the conference championship. And not to mention he won two incredibly difficult feats - Super Bowls.

Even though you may say 16% of coaches won a Super Bowl, you know what even the good teams that haven't won one have done? Made a change. That's why Tony Dungy left Tampa, same reason Schottenheimer has moved around. Only two coaches other than Reid lasted this long without winning one and they are/were Cowher and Jeff Fisher. The chances of Reid doing what Bill did diminishes every year because Bill's the only one who has done so after being tenured so long. And Fisher is undefeated. Someone is the exception and it's these two men. Andy is not. Again - change for change's sake.
  • Options
    Yes, by saying he won two. Because after saying he's not great, you then said how incredibly hard it is to win just one Super Bowl. So how hard is it to win two. Parcells is a good coach. He's the reason the Cowboys are where they are today, along with the foundation of what made the Pats, and he took a shitty team like the Jets and took them to the conference championship. And not to mention he won two incredibly difficult feats - Super Bowls.

Even though you may say 16% of coaches won a Super Bowl, you know what even the good teams that haven't won one have done? Made a change. That's why Tony Dungy left Tampa, same reason Schottenheimer has moved around. Only two coaches other than Reid lasted this long without winning one and they are/were Cowher and Jeff Fisher. The chances of Reid doing what Bill did diminishes every year because Bill's the only one who has done so after being tenured so long. And Fisher is undefeated. Someone is the exception and it's these two men. Andy is not. Again - change for change's sake.

well we agree to disagree i guess. and yes Jeff Fisher is undefeated but peopl like you would have had him fired 5 times already. just saying.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    well we agree to disagree i guess. and yes Jeff Fisher is undefeated but peopl like you would have had him fired 5 times already. just saying.

People like me? Dude, no offense, but you have no clue of my outlook on this team. I've been behind McNabb & Reid for forever, but things are getting redundant.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    its been 4 years since 2004. if we dont make the playoffs, that is 3 or the last 4 years out of the dance. the super bowl goodwill is over. i have been a big reid fan over the years, but when you dont make the playoffs in 3 of the last 4 years, a change needs to be made.

and for those that say we need better players.....who drafted and signed those players???!?!?! andy reid! he is responsible for the horrendous play calling this year AND for the lack of talent. to go into last season without a punt returner and then this year without a running back speaks volumes as to why we need to move on.

the broncos kept elway and got rid of reeves during the latter part of elways career and he went on to win 2 super bowls. mcnabb's got at least 3 or 4 quality years ahead of him. no way to get rid of him. better off brining in someone who will play to his strengths and lighten his workload by actually utilizing one of the best running backs in the league.

in the meantime, we are still 5-4 (yes 0-3 in division, but i assumed we'd split with everyone anyway and we still can) and in the mix. we're not winning any tiebreakers so we have to hope other teams shit the bed. andy needs to let marty call the plays. we need to go on a roll and hope for a 2006-ish miracle run to end the season.........if not, andy must go.

either way, the phils are still world champs. GO PHILS!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Not to beat a dead horse but I was watching the MNF game last night

Just imagine if McNabb had those weapons like Warner does on O-Fence ??

Sickening
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    People like me? Dude, no offense, but you have no clue of my outlook on this team. I've been behind McNabb & Reid for forever, but things are getting redundant.

not trying to offend by saying "people like you" - what I mean is that I think very often the WIP mentality of firing the coach is given as a quick fix but when in reality that is not always the best scenario. I've seen lots of replies here saying we need to get rid of Andy Reid but not one person has given an alternative to who they want to coach this team. A coach isn't going to make this team a Super Bowl contender, we need better players. And yes I am aware that Andy is the key cog in getting these players - attack that portion of him at will i say but saying we are better off by firing Andy Reid as coach is crazy in my mind. There is very little chance we will replace him with someone better. If Jeff Fisher had the years in Philly he had in Tennesee after his Super Bowl loss the WIP-itis would have hung this guy from City Hall.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    not trying to offend by saying "people like you" - what I mean is that I think very often the WIP mentality of firing the coach is given as a quick fix but when in reality that is not always the best scenario. I've seen lots of replies here saying we need to get rid of Andy Reid but not one person has given an alternative to who they want to coach this team. A coach isn't going to make this team a Super Bowl contender, we need better players. And yes I am aware that Andy is the key cog in getting these players - attack that portion of him at will i say but saying we are better off by firing Andy Reid as coach is crazy in my mind. There is very little chance we will replace him with someone better. If Jeff Fisher had the years in Philly he had in Tennesee after his Super Bowl loss the WIP-itis would have hung this guy from City Hall.

Same goes for Cowher. It's not about being better though - it's about moving on.
  • Options
    Same goes for Cowher. It's not about being better though - it's about moving on.

seriously. the wip thing does not apply. it might have 2 or 3 years ago. but we're now 4 years removed from the super bowl. coaches rarely ever have this kind of staying power while guiding a mediocre ship for so long.

pjhawks needs to consider my denver/elway analogy. it is a perfect fit for what we have here in philly.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jearlpam0925 needs to consider my denver/elway analogy. it is a perfect fit for what we have here in philly.

Oh, I've always felt this way. Then again, McNabb would need a 2,000 yard rusher and a nasty D.

EDIT: I see now that you didn't mean me.
  • Options
    seriously. the wip thing does not apply. it might have 2 or 3 years ago. but we're now 4 years removed from the super bowl. coaches rarely ever have this kind of staying power while guiding a mediocre ship for so long.

pjhawks needs to consider my denver/elway analogy. it is a perfect fit for what we have here in philly.

I think if there was a viable alternative as a coach I might be swayed but a good portion of my argument is that there really isn't a quality alternative at this point. I would taken Gruden probably but other than that I don't really see anyone available.

oh and Jeff Fisher has had quite a few 'mediocre' seasons as well and has been around longer than Reid.

My question to you - if you had to change either McNabb or Reid are you choosing to replace Reid and keeping McNabb?
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    I think if there was a viable alternative as a coach I might be swayed but a good portion of my argument is that there really isn't a quality alternative at this point. I would taken Gruden probably but other than that I don't really see anyone available.

oh and Jeff Fisher has had quite a few 'mediocre' seasons as well and has been around longer than Reid.

My question to you - if you had to change either McNabb or Reid are you choosing to replace Reid and keeping McNabb?

i would absolutely keep mcnabb. i would love to steal spagnola away from the giants. and find someone who would play to mcnabb's strengths. like i said, he has at least 3 or 4 more good years ahead of him and his talents are being wasted with the way our offense is being run.

but to say in early november that you would not fire reid just because you dont know who would be available to replace him is kind of ignorant. you need to have an open mind about these things. nobody knows exactly who will be available or not. but after 10 years and, especially 3 of the last 4 not making the playoffs (assuming we dont make it), the time has come for a change.

also---jeff fischer coaches in tennessee. there is just a tad more sense of urgency that comes from a big city like philadelphia where the eagles have not won a championship since 1960. no playoffs this year = no more reid.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    13-13 tie with the Bengals. Are you kidding?
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    wtf!what a great game
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    thank god the phillies are still fresh enough in my mind to take away the sting of how bad this team is playing.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    phillyfan wrote:
    wtf!what a great game
    You're a Philly fan and you thought that was great!?!?!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    I will not watch another game until Reid is fired and McNabb is somewhere else
    Shows: