Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

What was the last movie you watched?

1340341343345346349

Comments

  • tbergstbergs Posts: 7,643
    ikiT said:
    The DaVinci Code

    not convoluted at all.  Tom Hanks' hair?  Legendary.


    I really liked the book and it's follow-up, but never watched the movies because there was no way they could do it justice. I think I still own an unopened DVD of it we got for Christmas one year. Maybe someday.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 16,920
    Ready Player One
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 14,938
    Hesaplama - The Accountant 2016 - TurkceAltyaziorg
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • ikiTikiT USAPosts: 9,646
    edited January 23
    The King of Staten Island

    Post edited by ikiT on
    10 years in the 10club... 2010-2020 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 22,810
    ikiT said:
    The King of Staten Island


    Any good? I can’t stand Davidson but have heard interesting (positive) things about the film. 
  • ikiTikiT USAPosts: 9,646
    just my opinion, it's a well crafted Judd Apatow movie, but it suffers as young pete doesn't possess what many actors call "range".
    10 years in the 10club... 2010-2020 
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MOPosts: 496
    An American Pickle
  • ikiTikiT USAPosts: 9,646
    edited January 23
    California Typewriter


    10 years in the 10club... 2010-2020 
  • erebuserebus Posts: 282
    ^^
    I enjoyed California Typewriter 
    I like watching documentaries when people are passionate about something 
    Carmine Street Guitars was another good one
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St.Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 34,463
    Catch Me if You Can

    Always meant to see this one and never got around to it until today, thanks Netflix. Two of my favorite actors (Hanks and Leo) were fantastic
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 2,614
    Best in Show - for maybe the 10th time. I love these Christopher Guest movies. Now I want to rewatch A Mighty Wind if I can find it. Another good one. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 22,750

    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 22,810
    GlowGirl said:
    Best in Show - for maybe the 10th time. I love these Christopher Guest movies. Now I want to rewatch A Mighty Wind if I can find it. Another good one. 
    I LOVE that movie. Also seen it a bunch of times but it’s been awhile! Now I’m gonna have to search it out. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 2,614
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Best in Show - for maybe the 10th time. I love these Christopher Guest movies. Now I want to rewatch A Mighty Wind if I can find it. Another good one. 
    I LOVE that movie. Also seen it a bunch of times but it’s been awhile! Now I’m gonna have to search it out. 
    If you get Showtime, it’s On Demand. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 22,810
    edited January 24
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Best in Show - for maybe the 10th time. I love these Christopher Guest movies. Now I want to rewatch A Mighty Wind if I can find it. Another good one. 
    I LOVE that movie. Also seen it a bunch of times but it’s been awhile! Now I’m gonna have to search it out. 
    If you get Showtime, it’s On Demand. 
    Damn, no Showtime.  I'll have to wait until Amazon or Hulu to run it.  The entire dinner/Winky scene is one of my favorites.

    *edit - spoke too soon; two bucks on Amazon.  I know what someone's doing sometime in the next few days :whistle:
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 2,614
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Best in Show - for maybe the 10th time. I love these Christopher Guest movies. Now I want to rewatch A Mighty Wind if I can find it. Another good one. 
    I LOVE that movie. Also seen it a bunch of times but it’s been awhile! Now I’m gonna have to search it out. 
    If you get Showtime, it’s On Demand. 
    Damn, no Showtime.  I'll have to wait until Amazon or Hulu to run it.  The entire dinner/Winky scene is one of my favorites.

    *edit - spoke too soon; two bucks on Amazon.  I know what someone's doing sometime in the next few days :whistle:
    Awesome. I saw that A Mighty Wind is also on Amazon for $2.99. May have to watch that as well. I had forgotten how funny Fred Willard is in Best in Show. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 34,463
    Train to Busan (2016)

    Insane/crazy (in a good way) South Korean zombie movie. Only thing i didn't care for was some the characters were "stereotyped". That was kinda annoying.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • ikiTikiT USAPosts: 9,646
    erebus said:
    ^^
    I enjoyed California Typewriter 
    I like watching documentaries when people are passionate about something 
    Carmine Street Guitars was another good one
    sadly closed in March of 2020.
    10 years in the 10club... 2010-2020 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 23,227

    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MOPosts: 496
    The Invisible Man
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 22,750

    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 5,789
    The King of Staten Island - wouldn't watch it again. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 22,810
    Go Gentle

    Synopsis below (better than I could do at the moment). Quite heavy but uplifting too. As an advocate for having the freedom to choose when to end your life and having had this subject in my head for awhile now, I found it - and the woman - absolutely fascinating and thought-provoking.

  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 14,938
    edited January 26
    Books of Blood 2020 - Rotten Tomatoes
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 16,920

    The Peckinpah is better, but I'm sensing a theme.

    Might I suggest Yojimbo and Sanjuro -- and then, of, course, The Seven Samurai.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,009

    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13









  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 16,920

    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,009

    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13









  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 16,920

    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,009

    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13









Sign In or Register to comment.