What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,513

The Last Of The Mohicans

Saw it in the theater. (sorry, I have an annoying habit of using this phrase, if, in fact, I saw the movie in the theater, and I have seen a lot of movies in the.....) I will try to refrain.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    Now you see me 2

Going to have to watch it again.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Malroth said:

The Last Of The Mohicans

Saw it in the theater. (sorry, I have an annoying habit of using this phrase, if, in fact, I saw the movie in the theater, and I have seen a lot of movies in the.....) I will try to refrain.
    Movie came out a week before I turned 12 years young so I was too young to see all that R rated violence yet. Tame compared to most later war movies like Saving Private Ryan and Fury, though.

True Story
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    Jogill said:

ARGO - I miss those funky 70s styles!!!

argo fuck yourself (from the movie kat and sea, no banning needed :smiley: )

really good movie and amazingly true. i really liked how they used the music in the movie too.

Last one i watched was Vacation (the new one with Ed Helms and Cristina Applegate).. Not nearly as bad as i thought it was going to be. wasn't bad at all in fact.
    Far From The Madding Crowd
  • The Da Vinci Code
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305

Which version? I was thinking about watching the one that came out last year.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."

Which version? I was thinking about watching the one that came out last year.
    You would be correct.
  • JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    BEHIND ENEMY LINES
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
    Jogill said:

BEHIND ENEMY LINES

Speaking of Gene Hackman:

Class Action
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Cold in July
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Modern Romance
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    The Amazing Spider-Man. Realized I had already seen it, but couldn't remember the ending, so I just watched it. Now I remember why I don't remember it. BAD. Who watches a bad movie twice? THIS GUY.

I also watched Blue Crush twice, but that was understandable. I was "feeling Spiccoli".
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• 13 Hours. Really like it.
    Hell Or High Water
  • TFlyerTFlyer Posts: 881
    Blood Father, the latest Mel Gibson flick...in no way was it a perfect film but it definitely had the nostalgic feel of Mel's glory days while also having a fresh feel at the same time. It also has some great stunt work in it, and a nice little reference to Mad Max which made me very happy. So it's definitely worth the watch if you're a fan.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    edited September 2016
    Went to an "Italian Splatterfest" movie horror thing at the local indie theater. This was their fifth year doing it, but my first. my friends host it and all. Interesting line-up:

Troll 2 (7:00PM)- I had never seen it before and it was bad (like MST3K bad) but had some funny/good moments
    Pieces (8:37PM)- it was better than Troll 2, had some cheesy moments.
    Cemetery Man (10:30PM)- This one was probably my favorite of the ones I hadn't seen.
    What Have You Done to Solange? (12:19AM)- I couldn't really get into this one and about halfway through the movie went into the lobby and hung out with my friends.
    Zombie (Zombi 2) (2:26AM)- Went back to my seat to watch this and about 15 minutes into the movie I forgot I had already seen this about 5 years earlier. so went back out to the lobby and my friends were still out there talking. It was almost 3 when i decided to head on home.

Fun times though.
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

Went to an "Italian Splatterfest" movie horror thing at the local indie theater. This was their fifth year doing it, but my first. my friends host it and all. Interesting line-up:

Troll 2 (7:00PM)- I had never seen it before and it was bad (like MST3K bad) but had some funny/good moments
    Cemetery Man (10:30PM)- This one was probably my favorite of the ones I hadn't seen.
    What Have You Done to Solange? (12:19AM)- I couldn't really get into this one and about halfway through the movie went into the lobby and hung out with my friends.
    Zombie (Zombi 2) (2:26AM)- Went back to my seat to watch this and about 15 minutes into the movie I forgot I had already seen this about 5 years earlier. so went back out to the lobby and my friends were still out there talking. It was almost 3 when i decided to head on home.

Fun times though.

Speaking of MST3K, Pieces is from the same director of Pod "It stinks!" People. Had no idea they were from the same director until I saw the review of Pieces on Cinema Snob.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Latest jungle book movie..was cool
    Snowpiercer- such a good movie.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752

Fun times though.

Speaking of MST3K, Pieces is from the same director of Pod "It stinks!" People. Had no idea they were from the same director until I saw the review of Pieces on Cinema Snob.
    Yeah one of my friends mentioned that to me that night, kinda cool. I think he also said one of the guys from Pieces, "Kendell", was also in Pod People.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    edited September 2016
    Antibirth
    Im not really sure what I just f'n watched but to sum it up- a white trashy woman who likes to drink and do drugs gives birth to The Creature from the Black Lagoon by movies end....
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    Sleeping With Other People

Alison Brie deserves better.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    iRobot - I'd seen it years ago, but I really enjoyed it! Especially the automated cars which are getting ever so close to our reality now!
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • No CoderNo Coder Posts: 1,126
    The Nice Guys - Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling. Nowhere near as good as I hoped it would be. I like most of Crowes films, but this was a jumbled mess IMO. Some funny moments, but not good overall
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014

13 Hours. Really like it.

Thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I wasn't sure on it when it was announced, as it didn't have a huge cast, but all parts were excellently portrayed. Top movie

edited September 2016
    pjhawks said:

Jogill said:

ARGO - I miss those funky 70s styles!!!

argo fuck yourself (from the movie kat and sea, no banning needed :smiley: )

really good movie and amazingly true. i really liked how they used the music in the movie too.

Last one i watched was Vacation (the new one with Ed Helms and Cristina Applegate).. Not nearly as bad as i thought it was going to be. wasn't bad at all in fact.
    I was exactly the same when going into watch Vacation, I was expecting it to be very average, but thought it was pretty good overall. Plenty of laughs
    Post edited by No Coder on

• JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    All that heaven knows (old classic)
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834