Options

What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Options
    cydoniacydonia Denbighshire, North Wales , UK Posts: 456

They Live

Good film:) I just recently watched an independent sci fi called Brainstorm...intelligent , bit Orwellian with the thoughtcrime parallel...loved it...
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

They Live

My favorite movie quote of all time is in that movie, the bubblegum line.

RIP Piper.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Lucy
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited May 2016

Spectre. Lots of stuff got blowed up.

Yeah typical James Bond Movie lol
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,717
    edited May 2016

Idiocracy.
    A funny movie and pretty good depiction of the world we're living in.

This and They Live make a great "scarily prophetic" double feature.

Ronin
    They Live is pretty good. Do you think the concept of the movie is partly based on truth possibly?
    I watched They Live over the weekend because of these comments. Pretty sure I'd never seen it before because I got it and It's Alive mixed up, and It's Alive pretty much sucks. Anyway, it's an interesting movie - love the concept, and Roddy Piper is a better actor than I realized, lol .... However, it is by far the WORST original soundtrack I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing. It really ate away at my brain for some of the movie.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    The Game (1997) with Michael Douglas and Layer Cake (2004) with Daniel Craig. Both movies are pretty good and worth checking out.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

The Game (1997) with Michael Douglas and Layer Cake (2004) with Daniel Craig. Both movies are pretty good and worth checking out.

I haven't seen The Game in ages, good reminder! Layer Cake is also a great suggestion.

I saw Civil War last night, faaaantastic.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    The Game was really good.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options

I remember being FURIOUS and frustrated about this movie when I first saw it in the theatre as a 21 year old. :lol: It's been a long time, so I can't remember exactly why, but it had something to do with some profound inconsistencies and/or nonsensical events in it. I think I was also pissed that they basically gave the guy a healthy dose of PTSD as a so-called gift :lol: But I softened my view about this film later when I saw it again. I still think all those things, but I decided that the movie is entertaining enough for me to get over those issues.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    PJ_Soul said:

I remember being FURIOUS and frustrated about this movie when I first saw it in the theatre as a 21 year old. :lol: It's been a long time, so I can't remember exactly why, but it had something to do with some profound inconsistencies and/or nonsensical events in it. I think I was also pissed that they basically gave the guy a healthy dose of PTSD as a so-called gift :lol: But I softened my view about this film later when I saw it again. I still think all those things, but I decided that the movie is entertaining enough for me to get over those issues.
    I think you're right. To me the movie kind of drifted and started to lose itself about 70% through, as a lot of movies
    do. It was as if the writer came up with this whole game but forgot that he'd have to wrap it up in the end. The ending is kind of silly. Great movie, but I thought the first half was much better than the second half.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    PJ_Soul said:

Oh I agree on all those things. But I find most movies unrealistic in some way or other, this one just more so. I liked that it kept me guessing and I was amused at him writing a huge check to pay for it at the end. How the other half lives--they pay huge sums of money to experience real life! :lol:

It's all what us literary types :glasses: call the "willing suspension of disbelief." You accept the plot holes, coincidences, fantasies, etc., in exchange for being entertained.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Everybody Wants Some!! Linklater's latest... Was terrific.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Oh I agree on all those things. But I find most movies unrealistic in some way or other, this one just more so. I liked that it kept me guessing and I was amused at him writing a huge check to pay for it at the end. How the other half lives--they pay huge sums of money to experience real life! :lol:

It's all what us literary types :glasses: call the "willing suspension of disbelief." You accept the plot holes, coincidences, fantasies, etc., in exchange for being entertained.
    Yeah, I'm one of those literary types, and I'm happy to open myself up to suspension of disbelief, but I sometimes I have my limits. This movie crossed that line at the end. :lol: But again, I soften my view after the initial reaction, since it's still a fun watch.
  • Options
    inmyNCinmyNC amongst many Posts: 243
    "Fast Times at Ridemont High"" seen it at least 20 times.... Always enjoy it!!!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    inmyNC said:

"Doesnt anybody fucking knock any more"?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

inmyNC said:

"If you don't shut up I'm gonna kick 100% of your ass!"
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,304

inmyNC said:

"If you don't shut up I'm gonna kick 100% of your ass!"
    "Make up your mind. Is he gonna shit or is he gonna kill us?"
    "First he's gonna shit, then he's gonna kill us"
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    inmyNCinmyNC amongst many Posts: 243
    Phoebe Cates.... Need I say anything else!!!!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,486
    Angry Birds Movie.
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,900
    inmyNC said:

Phoebe Cates.... Need I say anything else!!!!

Absolutely nothing else needs to be said.
  • Options
    The Possession (2012)

For a possession movie, it wasn't bad.
  • Options
    X-men Apocalypse

Definitely worth catching in theaters. Drags a bit, but be patient overall done very well.
  • Options
    Ray J. T. said:

X-men Apocalypse

Definitely worth catching in theaters. Drags a bit, but be patient overall done very well.

After reading the reviews, I'm gonna wait until it hits HBO Now. Shocked, since Singer X Men movies are the best ones.

Permanent Midnight
  • Options

Ray J. T. said:

X-men Apocalypse

After reading the reviews, I'm gonna wait until it hits HBO Now. Shocked, since Singer X Men movies are the best ones.

Permanent Midnight
    I had saw the reviews beforehand as well. I recommend you ignore the reviews and check it out. My only issue is that there are times in the movie that it does drag a bit, other than that I think Singer absolutely did a great job.
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,487
    Kilo Two Bravo- Entertaining if true stories of our troops stuck in a minefield are your thing.
    Some intense moments in this low budget thriller.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    Flyboys
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    Neighbors 2 Sorority Rising
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,121
    DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,121

Ray J. T. said:

X-men Apocalypse

Permanent Midnight
    i'll probably still watch it. Also Still need to see The Nice guys.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly