LCD Vs. Plasma.

2»

Comments

• the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Dude, you're shoveling your hole deeper and deeper.. Sony Stopped making plasma TVs a few years back.

:p

In Hiding seems to know what she is talking about, although new high end LCDs are pretty much as good as plasma now.. plus they are friendlier on the electric bill, environment and your back.

if you guys read what i said, i said they considered pulling out in 2005. i am well aware that they are out of the plasma market now. but in January of 2005 they were not. so if i was told this in january of 2005, it stands to reason that they were considering it as far back as 2004. that is what i was getting at.
    sorry,
    maybe i should have made myself clear on that.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Who the hell cares?!?! Go to the store, figure out what you can spend, see what TV is best in your price range.
    End of story.

I got my Sony 50" SXRD (1080p) about a year and half-two years ago. It was the best I could find at my price range...and I didn't have to argue about it on a message board.
  • samicksamick Posts: 373
    the wolf wrote:
    if you guys read what i said, i said they considered pulling out in 2005. i am well aware that they are out of the plasma market now. but in January of 2005 they were not. so if i was told this in january of 2005, it stands to reason that they were considering it as far back as 2004. that is what i was getting at.
    sorry,
    maybe i should have made myself clear on that.

Actually when i read that......I knew exactly what you were saying.........

some people can tell you anything about a tv but when it comes to reading and comprehension they are clueless........or just don't care about what you said and only about what they think they know.............
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mca47 wrote:
    Who the hell cares?!?! Go to the store, figure out what you can spend, see what TV is best in your price range.
    End of story.

I got my Sony 50" SXRD (1080p) about a year and half-two years ago. It was the best I could find at my price range...and I didn't have to argue about it on a message board.
    That's the floor model projection LCD isn't it? My uncle has that one if so, great picture.
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Just letting you know some FACTS is all!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    samick wrote:
    Actually when i read that......I knew exactly what you were saying.........

some people can tell you anything about a tv but when it comes to reading and comprehension they are clueless........or just don't care about what you said and only about what they think they know.............
    I've always sucked at reading comprehension. Always scored higher in math.

:p
    mca47 wrote:
    End of story.

i agree with you on this. you know how much you can spend, find what you like best in that price range. :)
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    Rygar wrote:
    That's the floor model projection LCD isn't it? My uncle has that one if so, great picture.

This is the one I have...
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Grand-KDS-50A2000-50-Inch-Projection/dp/B000GZYMHG

And yeah, I love it. Amazing picture.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mca47 wrote:
    This is the one I have...
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Grand-KDS-50A2000-50-Inch-Projection/dp/B000GZYMHG

And yeah, I love it. Amazing picture.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the one I'm thinking of.
    Very nice picture.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Such a pissing match over LCD & Plasma.
  • From my limited experiences, I find rear projection TV's have cooling fans that get audibly noisy with age.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • kristophedkristophed Posts: 73
    Look into the Sharp's line of LCD's their 82 and 94 series are superb and the price is reasonable.
    Bought a 46" 82 series last November and couldn't be happier.
    And yes I did a lot of research before I purchased this set.
    Xbox360, PS3, and HD satellite look amazing (handles sports and fast moving images very well too)
    From my limited experiences, I find rear projection TV's have cooling fans that get audibly noisy with age.

Well, mine is almost 2 years old and the only time I hear it is when I'm turning it on...oh and when it is off and "cooling down".
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Such a pissing match over LCD & Plasma.
    lol, true dat.

Honestly the best thing to do is consider your price range and then buy whatever looks best to your eyes. Don't even take into account if the one you are looking at is plasma or LCD.

Stick with the best brands like Sony, Pioneer, Samsung and Sharp and you won't go wrong.

I myself am a Sony bitch. I love the Bravia picture!

Here's my bad boy.. http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665118447
    lol, true dat.

Honestly the best thing to do is consider your price range and then buy whatever looks best to your eyes. Don't even take into account if the one you are looking at is plasma or LCD.

Stick with the best brands like Sony, Pioneer, Samsung and Sharp and you won't go wrong.

I myself am a Sony bitch. I love the Bravia picture!

Here's my bad boy.. http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665118447

Damn, when did you pick that up? That's nice!
    I'm kind of a fan of Sony TVs and receivers as well. My SXRD is one of the best purchases I've ever made. :p
    mca47 wrote:
    Damn, when did you pick that up? That's nice!
    I'm kind of a fan of Sony TVs and receivers as well. My SXRD is one of the best purchases I've ever made. :p
    I got it a few months back. I work in retail and my boss hooked me up. It's an $1899 TV that was on sale for $1399.. somebody bought one and returned it. It was the end of the month and they were desperate to get rid of open items so he sold it to me for 50% off the already sale price!.. I got a $1899 TV for $700.. :D
    I got it a few months back. I work in retail and my boss hooked me up. It's an $1899 TV that was on sale for $1399.. somebody bought one and returned it. It was the end of the month and they were desperate to get rid of open items so he sold it to me for 50% off the already sale price!.. I got a $1899 TV for $700.. :D

Niiccee!!! :)
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Damn!! That is a sweet deal!!!

I am still happy and content with my 37" CRT (tube) TV. It's only a few years old, so I am not ready to replace it yet.
    this is what i went with. in a year it will be in the bedroom. i go through tv's pretty fast! lol.

i bought it for the bedroom and was going to give the 42 inch that was in my bedroom to my ex wife, but when i hooked it all up, i decided to keep it as my main set, keep the 42" in the bedroom and give her the 55 sony plasma.

anyway, for the money i had at the time ( it came up quick, the ex called and asked for a tv and wanted to pick it up 4 days later )
    im very happy with it.

http://www.engadgethd.com/2008/01/06/samsung-intros-new-1080p-lcd-hdtvs-ethernet-interactivity-inc/

i got the 750, and got it for 1700 bucks out the door from a friend i used to work with. not bad considering the tag was 2499.99 and tax.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:
    this is what i went with. in a year it will be in the bedroom. i go through tv's pretty fast! lol.

i bought it for the bedroom and was going to give the 42 inch that was in my bedroom to my ex wife, but when i hooked it all up, i decided to keep it as my main set, keep the 42" in the bedroom and give her the 55 sony plasma.

anyway, for the money i had at the time ( it came up quick, the ex called and asked for a tv and wanted to pick it up 4 days later )
    im very happy with it.

http://www.engadgethd.com/2008/01/06/samsung-intros-new-1080p-lcd-hdtvs-ethernet-interactivity-inc/

i got the 750, and got it for 1700 bucks out the door from a friend i used to work with. not bad considering the tag was 2499.99 and tax.
    You mean you are going to keep the 40" LCD? Samsung doesn't make a 42" 750. You can also get it for $1750 from Amazon, flat. No hook ups necessary. :)
    "What a stupid lamb."
    Ah, double post. I have no idea how that happened.
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    igotid88 wrote:
    I'm not certain. But I think Plasma TV's are going away.
    Not true. Panasonic and Pioneer will be in the plasma game for quite a few years.

:think:

http://mashable.com/2012/05/11/panasonic-plasma-tv/