I have never seen ______

LedbetterusLedbetterus Posts: 592
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Tonight at work I met two people who have never seen snow before, in person that is, the forecast is predicting a few inches tomorrow so they were really happy... Living in Pennsylvania I was sort of shocked, but then I realized there is a lot of stuff I have never seen that I wished to.. I also remember a friend a while back, when I was 15 or 16 who came on a family vacation with me who had never seen the ocean.. So yea..

Something I always wanted to see and never got around to it is crystal clear water in the ocean! I've been to a bunch of beaches and such, but never anything you see in like the Bahamas, etc..

How about you?
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• never have seen the northern lights. i'd love to someday
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    ^^^yes....and fall in new england...:)
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    never have seen the northern lights. i'd love to someday
    I only have seen them once in Tok and they were awesome! Just incredible. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • I really wanted to respond to this, and then I tried to think of something, and I'm having a hard time actually. I've actually done a lot in my life.

Without risk of sounded totally sappy (hey, its the holiday season atleast!)....

I would really like to see my mother truly happy, because I honestly can't say that she has been completely happy. She gives SO much to everyone else, and things never seem to go her way. I'd just like to see something totally wonderful come her way.
  • cutback wrote:
    ^^^yes....and fall in new england...:)
    yes, that too!

wolf very cool! just seeing the photos is impressive, i can only imagine what it must be like in person.
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    I've never seen a man eat his own head... (so I haven't seen everything)
    be philanthropic
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    a glacier...i'd really like to take my dad on a trip to alaska :)

i want to see...a whale shark and a manta ray in person!!
    i've had a life-long dream of being able to swim alongside both of them.
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • I've never seen Europe, a warm beach, Forrest Gump, and Almost Famous. :)
    NERDS!
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    never have seen the northern lights. i'd love to someday

those and the redwoods for me.
  • iamsampj wrote:
    a glacier...i'd really like to take my dad on a trip to alaska :)

i want to see...a whale shark and a manta ray in person!!
    i've had a life-long dream of being able to swim alongside both of them.

Every time I watch something on the Discovery channel I want to see it too, lol. I would however, like to see blue whales swimming in the ocean. They always amazed me.
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
    I've never seen Europe, a warm beach, Forrest Gump, and Almost Famous. :)
    florida has some nice ones ;)

i can't believe you haven't seen almost famous! it's so good.
  • Forest Gump and Almost Famous!?!?!

Two of the greatest movies EVER.
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • iamsampj wrote:
    florida has some nice ones ;)

i can't believe you haven't seen almost famous! it's so good.

I'm sure they do ;)

Seriously though, I need to go to Brasil or Costa Rica for like a month.
    NERDS!
  • I have never seen Europe. I'd love to do that.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Forest Gump and Almost Famous!?!?!

Two of the greatest movies EVER.

I think I missed seeing any movies between 1994 - 1999

Was too busy seeing shows. They are both in my netflix queues though :D
    NERDS!
    I think I missed seeing any movies between 1994 - 1999

Was too busy seeing shows. They are both in my netflix queues though :D
    at least you're making up for it now.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I've never seen most of the world. If I had the money, I would. I'll never understand why people blow their money on mansions and fancy cars they really can't afford.. Give me my small studio and I'll save the rest for seeing the world. Furthest I've been from the midwest is California, and thats always a treat. I can't immagine traveling Europe, Africa, the Artic, New Zealand and so on..
  • I have never seen Pearl Jam live
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • I have never seen more than five seconds of A Clockwork Orange. I have never seen the Pacific Ocean. Still a lot more stuff I want to see. There is a whole big world out there and I want to see so much more of it. :D
  • xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    the fjords of finland
    the great wall of china
    indonesia
    a concert at red rocks
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    xscorcho wrote:
    the fjords of finland

don't you mean Norway? I think we've got like one fjord and it's not that good. :)

I've never seen dolphins and would like that tremendously. there's loads of other stuff I've not seen and would like to but can't think of any good ones now. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • eMMI wrote:
    don't you mean Norway? I think we've got like one fjord and it's not that good. :)

AHAHAHA! That made me laugh out loud and my parents think I'm weird now.

I've never seen Sigur Ros live. I'm thinkin that would be akin to seeing snow for the first time.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
    AHAHAHA! That made me laugh out loud and my parents think I'm weird now.

wow, you managed to fool them for quite a while didn't you? ;)

and welcome to my world, that used to happen to me all the time while I was still living at home. :p
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    pyramids at Giza
    great wall of china
    grand canyon
    the amazon
    easter island
    orkney islands
    Moscow
    a thai woman shooting ping-pong balls out of her fluffy bits
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    a thai woman shooting ping-pong balls out of her fluffy bits

Wasn't that next on Byrnzie's to do list? :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• eMMI wrote:
    wow, you managed to fool them for quite a while didn't you? ;)

Telling them about the tattoo hasn't helped my case either.

aww, poor thing you. :o:p
  • xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    eMMI wrote:

totally mean norway.... i wasnt quite awake yet :D
    xscorcho wrote:
    totally mean norway.... i wasnt quite awake yet :D

hahaha. thought so. :D still, you're very welcome to visit Finland too. :D
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

this is why i love being the parent. i can do whatever i want and no one can look at me as if i just strangled the cat.

ive never seen a castle. and no, sand castles don't count. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say