Your Sports predictions in 2008

13»

Comments

• Thecure wrote:
    Peyton is overrated? WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!? what do you have to back that up. you might not like him but he is a great QB and the colts will win the superbowl again this year. just remember one thing, teh pats did not make the playoffs one year because they had some many injuries with Brady as QB. Peyton has his best wide reciever out teh whole year and not only did he make the playoffs but went 13-3 with the last game not counting really.
    Actually that was the season after the 1st Super Bowl. the defense was terrible that season. Plus they played in what was a very competitive AFC East with the full 8 game schedule if I remember correctly.

Don't even start the WR debate though. 3 Super Bowls already with each year having 1 legitimate target. look at the talent peyton had around him.

Brady everyday and TWICE on Sundays for me.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    deadnote wrote:
    the duke blues will win ncaa basketball

MY HEELS WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THAT
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    MY HEELS WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THAT

ANYBODY but Duke even the Tarheels would be alright and I can't stand them either.

I'll predict the GEORGETOWN HOYAS will reach the Finals and then win it. What the hell!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Manchester United to finish champions of the Premier league, again. Christiano Ronaldo to finish the season as top scorer in the league.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    the cubs will NOT win the world series. . .and neither will the mets
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    im obsessed with hockey ,,thats abbout it

while im sure its still big news up there ,,the sox world series is a distant memory here

Your high salaried Rangers are just 2 points head of the Boston Bruins and I'll predict the BRUINS will end up with more points and again make the playoffs.

As for the Red Sox oh I must remember you don't care about baseball especially when the Yanks are getting SMASHED! :D

Peace...have great day rumour has it, it's possible. :)
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    Your high salaried Rangers are just 2 points head of the Boston Bruins and I'll predict the BRUINS will end up with more points and again make the playoffs.

As for the Red Sox oh I must remember you don't care about baseball especially when the Yanks are getting SMASHED! :D

Peace...have great day rumour has it, it's possible. :)

um hockey has a salary cap,,
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    um hockey has a salary cap,,

Duh, I know that but NY Rangers salaries are higher than the Bruins and I'm sure their tickets prices are also higher. My sis bought me tickets to a Bruins/Rangers game couple years ago center ice second tier @ MSG.

I forgot the actual price but it was near $100.00

Peace

g under p wrote:
    Duh, I know that but NY Rangers salaries are higher than the Bruins and I'm sure their tickets prices are also higher. My sis bought me tickets to a Bruins/Rangers game couple years ago center ice second tier @ MSG.

I forgot the actual price but it was near $100.00

Peace

i pay $30 per ticket for my blue seats (although its the last row in the house )
    fair deal

and the bruins dont want to spend the money they're allowed to,, thats their decision
    although lets not forget the ridiculous deal they gave chara 2 years ago
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i pay $30 per ticket for my blue seats (although its the last row in the house )
    fair deal

and the bruins dont want to spend the money they're allowed to,, thats their decision
    although lets not forget the ridiculous deal they gave chara 2 years ago

True so true maybe they'll realize that they have a special team and spend some more money which they need to do in my opinion just to keep in fan popularity in Beantown.

Played hockey and I love hockey it's even popular down here in South Florida, Palm Beach. I'm going to a Panther's game soon, lovely day today went for a bike ride and froze my fingers off.

I LOVED IT, i miss the real cold from up north. :( Off to work.

Peace

• jamie uk wrote:
    Manchester United to finish champions of the Premier league, again. Christiano Ronaldo to finish the season as top scorer in the league.
    I think i just threw up in my mouth.

Man United.....you either hate them.....or you f@#%ing hate them.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • a guy from Saint-Isidore, Quebec, Canada will become recognized as the best fighter in the world. :)
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    the Celtics will beat the Suns in Game 6 of the NBA Finals to win the series & championship.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    a guy from Saint-Isidore, Quebec, Canada will become recognized as the best fighter in the world. :)

VAS-Y GSP!! (thought you could sneak this on by me, eh? :p)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    the Bengals will have no less than 10 players arrested/suspended/incarcarated
    at any given time during the season.

and the Reds will continue to suck well into the next century.
    Nice shirt.
  • VAS-Y GSP!! (thought you could sneak this on by me, eh? :p)

i thought you would catch it! ;)
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    The Patriots will beat the Packers.

Haven't really been paying attention to other sports, not enough to make predictions anyway.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • shaggy15shaggy15 Posts: 190
    im gonna go out on a limb here.....

i predict...

the chicago cubs will NOT win the world series......

As a cubs fan i think ifthe cubs ever won the world searies the world would end. the ball would be caught in right field and then the 4 horseman ( not the wrestlers) are going to come over the left feild wall and fade to black
    like a dog chasing a car, I do not know what i would do with it if i caught it----Joker

myspace.com/shaggy10680
    Nothing Shocking....not a single soul predicted the Giants making it to the Super Bowl much less winning it.

I would've expected more from the New York/New Jersey fans. What a sad bunch.

Peace

• LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Thecure wrote:
    Peyton is overrated? WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!? what do you have to back that up. you might not like him but he is a great QB and the colts will win the superbowl again this year. just remember one thing, teh pats did not make the playoffs one year because they had some many injuries with Brady as QB. Peyton has his best wide reciever out teh whole year and not only did he make the playoffs but went 13-3 with the last game not counting really.
    I think Peyton is a good QB, but I do think it's due to the fact that he plays in a dome. His numbers would not be as great as they are if he played elsewhere in a place where the weather is a factor.

He's been able to win some big games outside the dome, but most of his playoff games are at home. Which has also been a down fall for the Colts as well, their biggest playoff win at home was against the Pats and they were very lucky to do it.

I've always though the Colts had a good defense even before they won the Super Bowl, but it's the stupid dome they play in that makes them look bad.
    The dome made a second string QB of the Chargers look good. :mad:

If RCA stadium was NOT a dome I think the Colts would even be a better team.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
    g under p wrote:
    Kobe Bryant gets traded

NASCAR, hell if I know?

Tiger Woods wins 2 more Majors

A horse will win the Triple Crown

The Boston Bruins will make the playoffs

The Boston Celtics win the World Championship

The Boston Red Sox will win the World Series (Back2kcaB)

The North Carolina Tarheels will not win the NCAA Tournament

Outdoor Hockey will become a annual event and a huge hit.

What's Yours?

Peace

Oh Shoot.....that's not too bad in my pick for the CELTICS.

Peace

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,790
    g under p wrote:
    Oh Shoot.....that's not too bad in my pick for the CELTICS.

Peace

the horse winning the triple crown may happen.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    the horse winning the triple crown may happen.

Man I didn't even noticed that. I should've made some more predictions. :)

The Celtics still have a way to go, but *RED* is :)ing.

Peace

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I'm going with these.

Giants beat the Patriots 17-14 in the Super Bowl.

The Phillies beat the Rays in the World Series 4 games to 1.

The Red Wings beat the Penguins 4 games to 2 to win the Stanley Cup.

The Celtics beat the Lakers 4 games to 2 to win the NBA title.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,785
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'm going with these.

i'll take that bet
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'm going with these.

i'll take that bet

The Rays in the World Series???

Really, the Rays??

What are you smoking? Have they ever finished above .500 in their existence?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2