Options

Do the Pats Deserve an *?

2»

Comments

• Options
    gue_barium wrote:
    No way.

In related news, I overheard something on espn about somebody from the steelers organization guaranteeing a steelers win over the patriots this week.

hahahahaha.

It was starting free safety Anthony Smith... He is apparently trying to replace Joey Porter as locker room loudmouth. He did try to qualify it a bet after he said it.

"People keep asking me if we're ready for the Patriots," Smith said. "They should be asking if they're ready for us."

Is Smith so confident that he is willing to copy one of former Pittsburgh linebacker Joey Porter's familiar motivational ploys by guaranteeing the Steelers will win?

"We're going to win," Smith said. "Yeah, I can guarantee a win. As long as we come out and do what we got to do. Both sides of the ball are rolling, and if our special teams come through for us, we've got a good chance to win."
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    May be another * for that ravens game. Anybody see that POS. That was in no way defensive holding. At this point, I want them to go undefeated through the playoffs and then lose to the Cowboys in the superbowl. That would fit perfectly.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    While it will certainly play well to the growing anti-Patriots crowd nationally, regardless of intent and even giving thanks to fortuitous timing, New England is in the clear this season.

If it makes ya happy slap whatever ya want on the Patriots season but I find it hard that it'll stick.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    I'm not a Pats fan and I say how could they get an *? The Jets knew they were video taping so they were adjusting to that fact. And did anyone see the final score of that game?
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    LukinFan wrote:

fucking A ... no. sponcered by the artist formerly known as fuckina.......god, i hate edits.....
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    The pats have already earned it.

They cheated this year, got caught and have been punished. You can't cheat and then beg to be looked at evenly. It just doesnt work.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    The pats have already earned it.

They cheated this year, got caught and have been punished. You can't cheat and then beg to be looked at evenly. It just doesnt work.

good point
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    The more I think about it, the Pats should get an asterisk in the record books.

It'll read like this:

Super Bowl XXXXII Champions:
    New England Patriots (19-0)*

Greatest team in NFL history.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ThecureThecure Posts: 814
    Poncier wrote:
    The more I think about it, the Pats should get an asterisk in the record books.

It'll read like this:

Super Bowl XXXXII Champions:
    New England Patriots (19-0)*

Greatest team in NFL history.

i don't know if teh pats are going to win a super bowl as i think they will have a problem with the colts still. Pats have to start running as the weather gets bad in NE, they won't be able to throw that much.
    People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1884-1980)
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I think it's just a bunch of sore losers that think the Pats deserve an asterisk. They've possibly been more dominating after they were caught "cheating". And I'm no Pats fan. I watched them dismantle Pittsburgh last night. So many people were saying this was going to be the upset game. The only way the Pats will lose this year is if they find a way to beat themselves. And I don't see that happening. They're that good.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    gabers wrote:
    I think it's just a bunch of sore losers that think the Pats deserve an asterisk. They've possibly been more dominating after they were caught "cheating". And I'm no Pats fan. I watched them dismantle Pittsburgh last night. So many people were saying this was going to be the upset game. The only way the Pats will lose this year is if they find a way to beat themselves. And I don't see that happening. They're that good.

The Ravens beat themselves. How the hell did they almost lose to a shitty fucking team like that? I'm putting my money on Miami to stop the Pats...
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    The Champ wrote:
    I'm putting my money on Miami to stop the Pats...
    I'll be pleased to take that money if you're so inclined.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Poncier wrote:
    I'll be pleased to take that money if you're so inclined.

You better be careful because I heard Jason Taylor guaranteed a win ;)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    The Champ wrote:
    The Ravens beat themselves. How the hell did they almost lose to a shitty fucking team like that? I'm putting my money on Miami to stop the Pats...

It seems that the Pats almost stoop to play bad against the average teams and then destroy the big boys.
    You've changed your place in this world!