Options

Contemplating Running Away

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    are you really a photographer for sears kids?
    cos i work at sears as one of my jobs, and i'd like to speak to you abou this one promotional poster about kids pajamas... i have to see it every day in my department, and its got this one really sadistic looking girl in it...and shes running forward in it, like she's coming to get me, and its scary as hell!!
    yes thats a work of mine... the pajama shoots are always my favorite... that and the swim suits... she was actually running for the door as i took the picture... not coming after you at all... rest assured

;)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    jbalicki10jbalicki10 Posts: 517
    Update? Oh wait, do they have net access on skid row?
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    getting away for even a few hours or an entire day does wonders
    for one's mental clarity on themselves, others, and their immediate surroundings.
    on the average how many parents find their kid's stash?
    the answer=alot.
    it's not the end of the world=on average.

however, i can see some parents being freakishly obsessed
    with controling every single aspect of their child's growing up stages.

in my personal opinion, we should not be punished
    for experimenting with marijuana when we are a youth
    or for using it daily as young people, older people, whatever.
    it's unjust, unfare, and a crock of shit to throw down the hammer
    of parental justice because an able minded teenager has a personal bag
    of marijuana in his/her fucking bedroom.
    and that goes for our society aswell.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    Let me get this straight: In the other thread, you decided to escape from your problems by smoking weed. Now smoking weed has caused you more problems and you want to escape from those by running away?

What kind of problems do you think running away will get you?

I certainly understand the urge to get out from under the thumb of your parents for awhile. It's really hard to be a teenager, when your parents can control your life. Try to remember, though, that you only have TWO MORE YEARS of this to deal with - if you play your cards right and don't fuck up your life. Once you're out on your own, as long as you can support yourself, you don't have to listen to them anymore if you don't want to. I suggest you try to keep your eyes on the prize (independence) and focus on being ready for it when the time comes. Work hard, save money, study hard, and know that getting/keeping your shit together is what will enable you to be free as soon as possible. Running away, however, will only get you into more trouble.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    CityMouse wrote:
    mine used to give me hell for days if I didn't call when I came home late or left the back door unlocked for a few hours or left a kettle on and went in the other room...I got hell for months for getting Bs in math or running up a long distance phone bill...

if all they did was lecture about pot...

edit, wrong person, sorry
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    OK here is my 2 cents and a bit of what happened to me through my pot smoking days.

Like you I tried it when I was 16-17 and I honestly never liked it, but got busted being stoned a few times.
    My Parents talked to me, and I did listen, but didn't really see the whole point behind the meaning of the conversation that I do now. I am now 26 and a college graduate.
    Anyhow, my so called friends back then smoked pot day in and day out. I found out that they really weren't my friends, they just hung out with each other for dope smoking. I was the outcast in that group. These people did nothing but fuck up some very valuable years in my life. Some went to college with me and that's how I know this. Luckily I do have like 6 close friends, but we all live in different places so never see each other.
    Basically I am a loner, and I hate it. It sucks, but I don't feel I can trust anybody because of the way those people manipulated me and were such assholes.
    My point of telling you this is that I did not listen to my mom when I should have. She told me that "we are associated, with how we hang out with" and I hung out with dope smokers because throughout my life, before they started smoking pot, they were the only people that would accept me as a friend.
    I deeply regret not listening to my parents advice, and I feel like I am paying for it by being alone.
    I am not going to tell you what to do, because I am not your parents. but you are young, and have some great years ahead of you. Running away is certainly not the answer. (as already mentioned many times here). You have parents that are providing for you (food, bed, shelter) so they have your best interest at heart just like mine do, but I didn't listen when I was 16. Now at 26, I am on my own, paying bills and paying for my own food, and I am glad to be doing those things because that is life. I just have so much regret because I didn't listen to my parents. I will never get those 10 years back, but if I had known then what I know now.
    Best of luck and just remember coming from what I just shared up there that your parents only have your best interest at heart and it's never to early to start really understanding the meaning behind what they are trying to get us to see. I have gone to counseling, and I just recently started going back to church because I am trying so hard to better the life I feel that got so screwed up by not listening to my parents
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    sgossard3 wrote:
    yes thats a work of mine... the pajama shoots are always my favorite... that and the swim suits... she was actually running for the door as i took the picture... not coming after you at all... rest assured

;)
    ah gotcha.
    :D
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    okay, MY mom cried when she found out that i had smoked (not, I smoke, as in the context of I do it all the time but had smoked) pot before and she BAWLED.
    we were in a restaurant and the topic came up, then she asked if my brother had ever done it, and then said well you have never done it, right? and i said, "mom, i just got back from Amsterdam, figure things out for yourself"

and i'm not talking teared up, she bawled her eyes out as if i told her i had a heroin addiction and was knocked up or something, and she was so disappointed in me and it was crazy i didnt expect that reaction at all.

and this was three months ago!
    and i'm twenty!

so not all parents are just going to snuff off a pot smoking kid (and i dont even do it regularly! in fact i do it very, very, very very very very little.)
    i guess i just dont understand what reaction you were expecting from your parents...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    Running away will only set the scene for much BIGGER problems down the road and may set the tone for how you deal with all problems in the future and that isn't cool. At least you have parents that didn't kick you out for finding your pot and they want to talk to you. And while it is your home, they do own it and set the rules. I know it sucks now but I can't even imagine what life on the street must be like. Do you have a close family member like aunt/uncle or grandparents that you could maybe stay with for a week or so? For some cool down for you and your folks? Not that running away is the answer but down the road could be a nice get away. And while you can't get away as a teen ager... there is far less to 'get away' from than there is in the adult world...but you don't know that yet. Lucky devil :p

Enjoy youth while you can and having parents who take care of things and have all the worries!
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Self-medicating with illicit drugs is the worst way to deal with a problem. Any attempts at reinforcing this by removing the consequences brought on by the use of the drug, in this case having to deal with your parents' responses to it, makes the whole thing even worse, and turns the whole thing into a spiral. Downwards.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    jbalicki10jbalicki10 Posts: 517
    Update?: Are you selling Street Wise yet?
  • Options
    red mos wrote:
    OK here is my 2 cents and a bit of what happened to me through my pot smoking days.

Like you I tried it when I was 16-17 and I honestly never liked it, but got busted being stoned a few times.
    My Parents talked to me, and I did listen, but didn't really see the whole point behind the meaning of the conversation that I do now. I am now 26 and a college graduate.
    Anyhow, my so called friends back then smoked pot day in and day out. I found out that they really weren't my friends, they just hung out with each other for dope smoking. I was the outcast in that group. These people did nothing but fuck up some very valuable years in my life. Some went to college with me and that's how I know this. Luckily I do have like 6 close friends, but we all live in different places so never see each other.
    Basically I am a loner, and I hate it. It sucks, but I don't feel I can trust anybody because of the way those people manipulated me and were such assholes.
    My point of telling you this is that I did not listen to my mom when I should have. She told me that "we are associated, with how we hang out with" and I hung out with dope smokers because throughout my life, before they started smoking pot, they were the only people that would accept me as a friend.
    I deeply regret not listening to my parents advice, and I feel like I am paying for it by being alone.
    I am not going to tell you what to do, because I am not your parents. but you are young, and have some great years ahead of you. Running away is certainly not the answer. (as already mentioned many times here). You have parents that are providing for you (food, bed, shelter) so they have your best interest at heart just like mine do, but I didn't listen when I was 16. Now at 26, I am on my own, paying bills and paying for my own food, and I am glad to be doing those things because that is life. I just have so much regret because I didn't listen to my parents. I will never get those 10 years back, but if I had known then what I know now.
    Best of luck and just remember coming from what I just shared up there that your parents only have your best interest at heart and it's never to early to start really understanding the meaning behind what they are trying to get us to see. I have gone to counseling, and I just recently started going back to church because I am trying so hard to better the life I feel that got so screwed up by not listening to my parents
    your story mirrors mine exactly... great advice! be careful who you choose to associate yourself with... your parents love you more than any group of friends ever could and you should be more worried about their interest than what your friends will think of you

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    god... i gotta buy that book... always hilarious and spot on

• Options
    clark_kentclark_kent Posts: 166
    Last night something horrible happened. I has stoned... and my parents smelled it on me. They searched my room and found my stash. They talked to me a lot about it last night (none of it really sank in). Now i'm feeling like I really don't want to deal with this issue with my parents right now. Also, I recently bought a 500 dollar bicycle. I am seriously thinking about getting away for a while. I am 16, and I can't handle all this shit. I am thinking about just riding my bike away. Maybe for just a week. It seems theres no way to be able to deal with this... my parents are just preaching at me about God and I know its not gonna change me... and I am to change I have to change myself. God isn't gonna help me... so is this how i'm gonna have to help myself?

(sorry I posted this in other music)

eh, what'd you expect man? kids get busted smoking pot every day. i got busted 2-3 times. i know it seems like the end of the world, but it's not. it'll blow over. they're going to guilt the hell out of you, but it beat heading out on your own and getting anal raped when some crack heads see a sweet 16 year old boy's ass riding his bike down the wrong alley.

i got busted twice. they guilt tripped the hell out of me. things were awkward at my house for a very long time. but it blows over.
    "You've never been out of college, you don't know what it's like out there. I've worked in the private sector... they expect results." -Ray

Denny Crane!