Options

Contemplating Running Away

xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
edited July 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Last night something horrible happened. I has stoned... and my parents smelled it on me. They searched my room and found my stash. They talked to me a lot about it last night (none of it really sank in). Now i'm feeling like I really don't want to deal with this issue with my parents right now. Also, I recently bought a 500 dollar bicycle. I am seriously thinking about getting away for a while. I am 16, and I can't handle all this shit. I am thinking about just riding my bike away. Maybe for just a week. It seems theres no way to be able to deal with this... my parents are just preaching at me about God and I know its not gonna change me... and I am to change I have to change myself. God isn't gonna help me... so is this how i'm gonna have to help myself?

(sorry I posted this in other music)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Last night something horrible happened. I has stoned... and my parents smelled it on me. They searched my room and found my stash. They talked to me a lot about it last night (none of it really sank in). Now i'm feeling like I really don't want to deal with this issue with my parents right now. Also, I recently bought a 500 dollar bicycle. I am seriously thinking about getting away for a while. I am 16, and I can't handle all this shit. I am thinking about just riding my bike away. Maybe for just a week. It seems theres no way to be able to deal with this... my parents are just preaching at me about God and I know its not gonna change me... and I am to change I have to change myself. God isn't gonna help me... so is this how i'm gonna have to help myself?
    Believe me, I've often felt like running away. But when you come back (assuming you do) the problems are still there. They don't disappear and they may even get worse. It's not a solution.

It sometimes feels an impossible task to tackle all these things head on. And it doesn't get any easier as you get older, the problems just become different ones. Try to remember that your parents love you and they're just shocked and afraid of what might happen.

Good Luck.
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167

Put down the ITW DVD, and pretend u never saw it...jk

not the end of the world, I remember when my parents found my stash, I think I was 17...I felt bad cause my Parents are not about drugs...In a few years you'll have a nice laugh about it
  • Options
    saveuplifesaveuplife Posts: 1,173

Dude, don't run away. Running away won't solve squat. You're problems will still be there. Your parents care about you. Regardless if you don't believe what they do, they love you right? They want what is best for you. Don't throw that away. A lot of people don't have that. Consider yourself lucky. You can still do what you want. Just don't do it under there roof for two years. Study up and try to go to college. Then endulge. Pretty simple huh?

Believe it or not. You can screw up a large part of your life by dropping out of school right now. It's just not worth it.... especially for pot. Like I said, if you think you can't stop that, fine... just don't do it under your parents roof. Apologize and turn up your music.
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    Ask your parents if they have ever smoked the stuff.
    Talk to them man, don't run away from them.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    jbalicki10jbalicki10 Posts: 517

Dude, no offense but your getting off easy. If your parents didn't love you, they wouldnt even give a damn. Hell, if they didn't love you they would just call the cops and haul your buttinski to jail. Your parents have been through a lot more than you have learned a life times of lessons. Maybe, it's time you actually listen to them and not your peers.
  • Options
    dont run away....it will not solve a single thing. you'll feel good for yourself for a second cause youre 'free' of it all. But it's all gonna be there when you get back, except that now, not only have you scared your parents with your drug use, but now wondering where you are.
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    share wrote:
    Ask your parents if they have ever smoked the stuff.
    Talk to them man, don't run away from them.
    well said and sound advice.........brief and to the point..........although i do like your idea of taking off on a bike.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    dont run away....it will not solve a single thing. you'll feel good for yourself for a second cause youre 'free' of it all. But it's all gonna be there when you get back, except that now, not only have you scared your parents with your drug use, but now wondering where you are.

yeah exactly true. just remember that every kid your age is in the same position.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Do not run away. Please don't. It is so dangerous. I don't know you or your parents, but you are their child and I bet they love you and worried for your sake. It doesn't sound like anything terrible happened to you due to your using this time, in which case you got lucky.

I'd like to ask you one thing - you have 'x' at the beginning and end of your screen name. Do you know what that actually means? That is usually used to indicate someone is straight edge (ie. no drugs, alcohol or casual sex).
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    NOT that I condone this kid running away for any reason-
    but I've forgotten what it's like to be a teenager...you can't really "get away for a while" you're kinda stuck in your house with your parents, which does in fact suck when you're at odds with them. but you've got no money, no car, you have to let adults know where you're going...
  • Options
    do you have panniers on your bike?
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334

take some accountability for your actions and man up... you can run away all you want in 2 years... at your age youre your parents responsibility and they can call the cops if you run off... im sure itd be annoying to have god fanatics for parents but there could be worse things (physically abusive)... it always seems bad when youre 16 y.o. but im sure its typical teen drama and you should just count your blessings... "something horrible happened"? i thought you were gonna say someone died... they found your stash? big whoop ya lil stoner

besides if you were really gonna run away you wouldve done it by now instead of asking for the advice of a bunch of strangers...

(tough love :p)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    lalalalaaaaaaaalalalalaaaaaaaa Posts: 2,445
    If you can't handle your parents yelling at you and preaching their bullshit, you certainly won't be able to handle the world on your own when you run away imo.

Either don't bring green in the house, or find a better hiding spot. And change your clothes before you come home after you smoke. Or stop smoking it.
  • Options
    Doodah972Doodah972 Posts: 146
    well. me being a 16 year old as well I would say this: i wouldn't run away just because that would cause even more problems. I would just do something for like a day to think about your situation, like listen to some pj, go to a concert, go out with friends(that don't smoke)..etc, then the next day talk to your parents about your situation.

thats too bad. I bet this event is gonna ruin your summer. don't let it. think positive.
    "I changed by not changing at all"
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    If you can't handle your parents yelling at you and preaching their bullshit, you certainly won't be able to handle the world on your own when you run away imo.

this is true. when you're an adult, you can "get away" but you can't run away from your problems.
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    I wouldn't do it. You'll eventually have to deal with the pot issue anyway, but not only that, your parents will be even more concerned about you running away and it will be twice as bad as dealing with just the pot.

My brother is 16 and my mom recently found out he got really drunk and had a huge party at our house while we were gone. Even though it wasn't me, I completely understood how he must have felt having to deal with that. Drugs and alcohol are a really awkward issue to talk about with your parents. Anyway, it ended up not even being that bad. And trust me, our mom is very strict and against teen drinking. I think in some ways, parents expect it.

I'm 18 and although I've never had the exact problem you have, I definitely understand not wanting to deal with your parents when you know you're in trouble. I think the best way is to act mature about it, don't yell, and listen. Maybe it will even give your parents a more positive opinion of marijuana. You might end up grounded and your parents will pay closer attention to you, but dealing with it won't be as bad as you think.
  • Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    Running away it kind of like taking the easy way out. Takes a big person to stay home and try and work things out.

Maybe you should take a break from smoking and clear your head a bit? I dunno...just a random idea from an internet stranger. :)

If you think you need to check out for a bit, maybe work with your folks to find a family friend that can stay with for a little bit. I did that when I was in my teens. It helped our relationship for us all to have a break.

I would wager that they are afraid that they found your stash and they wonder what else you might be involved in. I'm in my 40's, but you know how some old people are, they buy into that "gateway drug" crap.

Try to remember that even if your folks make you crazy, they really do love you.
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    sgossard3 wrote:
    take some accountability for your actions and man up... you can run away all you want in 2 years... at your age youre your parents responsibility and they can call the cops if you run off... im sure itd be annoying to have god fanatics for parents but there could be worse things (physically abusive)... it always seems bad when youre 16 y.o. but im sure its typical teen drama and you should just count your blessings... "something horrible happened"? i thought you were gonna say someone died... they found your stash? big whoop ya lil stoner

besides if you were really gonna run away you wouldve done it by now instead of asking for the advice of a bunch of strangers...

(tough love :p)

ditto, to the above post.
    I responded to you on your last thread regarding smoking pot and I gave you my honest answer, but as a 16 year old, you thought you knew more, which is the worst part about being a teenager, you THINK you know everything and you don't THINK you can die.(not your fault, it hormones and other stuff you can't control)
    Well, your parents let you off sooooooo easy. Count your blessings, suck it up, and stop all the drama~it's getting old and you're only 16!
    You run away now, you'll be back with your tail between your legs sooner than you could ever imagine! You don't like you Mom and Dad yelling at you, imagine someone in the middle of the night waking you up in some strange place; yelling at you or worse!
    But you got your brothers, like you said in our PM, you're just like them.
    SO why don't you make them take care of you!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Try to remember that your parents love you and they're just shocked and afraid of what might happen.

Good Luck.

That's what I was gonna say too....I'm sure knowing that you are doing drugs are freaking them out. I can't say I blame them. I would send my kid to a boot camp if I ever found drugs in their room or thought they were high. I know that sounds harsh but I've seen too many people who smoke pot thinking they are okay and their losers. I wouldn't want that for my kid but ultimately people need to find their own way.

I wouldn't run away though..that would hurt your folks.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    okay i can see this thread probably isnt going the way he wanted so ill post as my alter ego, Dumbfuck McShitforbrains:

Of course you should run away! you can stay with me! im a photographer for the sears kids collection amongst other artistic work with young people so i even have a job for you... as long as you arent too shy... and like most artists i have plenty of weed for you and i to share... you like wine coolers? drink up! sleeping arrangements shouldnt be a problem either cause ive got a big king sized bed we can share

:p
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    okay i can see this thread probably isnt going the way he wanted so ill post as my alter ego, Dumbfuck McShitforbrains:

Of course you should run away! you can stay with me! im a photographer for the sears kids collection amongst other artistic work with young people so i even have a job for you... as long as you arent too shy... and like most artists i have plenty of weed for you and i to share... you like wine coolers? drink up! sleeping arrangements shouldnt be a problem either cause ive got a big king sized bed we can share

few people make me laugh............but you do a good job.
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    sgossard3 wrote:

That's really funny and scary too!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options

Never ever run away from your problems man, they will still be there when you come back, if anything sort the shit out, deal with it and if you still want to take off for a while, do it.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    OP, stay in school, stay at home, love your folks and listen to them and unless you've already started your own underground weed empire, you might even consider stepping away from that for a while. Get your shit together before smoking the herb.

Boy was my dad pissed when he found out all his kids were smoking. He couldn't believe we hadn't hooked him up...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    sgossard3 wrote:

are you really a photographer for sears kids?
    cos i work at sears as one of my jobs, and i'd like to speak to you abou this one promotional poster about kids pajamas... i have to see it every day in my department, and its got this one really sadistic looking girl in it...and shes running forward in it, like she's coming to get me, and its scary as hell!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728

Wow......

yeah go ahead and "run away for a week." that'll show 'em. and then afterward when you come back they can go back to feeding you and giving you a place to live.

My parents found my weed when I was 17 once. I left it in my jeans and my mother found them in the laundry. They were pissed. They lectured me. Take it like a fucking man.

You're pathetic.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    Well, obviously, you took none of the advise the whole entirety of the pit tried to give you on your first post regarding the same issues. Like someone said, you cant take your parents heat, how are you going to survive otherwise in the "big persons world"? Brutal honesty time: Shut up, grow up.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    irieinindy wrote:
    ditto, to the above post.
    I responded to you on your last thread regarding smoking pot and I gave you my honest answer, but as a 16 year old, you thought you knew more, which is the worst part about being a teenager, you THINK you know everything and you don't THINK you can die.(not your fault, it hormones and other stuff you can't control)
    Well, your parents let you off sooooooo easy. Count your blessings, suck it up, and stop all the drama~it's getting old and you're only 16!
    You run away now, you'll be back with your tail between your legs sooner than you could ever imagine! You don't like you Mom and Dad yelling at you, imagine someone in the middle of the night waking you up in some strange place; yelling at you or worse!
    But you got your brothers, like you said in our PM, you're just like them.
    SO why don't you make them take care of you!

i didnt see the last thread but... i have to agree with you... i mean, when i opened this thread i honestly thought i was going to read about someone getting abused, or molested, or watch their mother get beaten, etc etc.

they found pot on you? and they're worried/mad... that sounds like pretty normal parenting to me. i mean, i'd get mad about the preachy god stuff too, but come on, how do you expect your parents to react when they find pot on you as a sixteen year old? mine would have done the same.

and i don't understand how running away will solve any problems, like someone else said, it'll likely just cause bigger ones.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    If i ran away each time my parents found my stash when i was younger i'd still be running and i'm 27 now. Relax it's not the end of the world my friend.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    they found pot on you? and they're worried/mad... that sounds like pretty normal parenting to me.

mine used to give me hell for days if I didn't call when I came home late or left the back door unlocked for a few hours or left a kettle on and went in the other room...I got hell for months for getting Bs in math or running up a long distance phone bill...

if all they did was lecture about pot...