Obscure Movie Quotes- can you name the film??

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    The enemy has only images and illusions behind which he hides his true motives. Destroy the image and you will break the enemy...

Ya'll won't get this one. It's from the 70's and cost $850,000 to make and made over $90,000,000 now see if you can get it. This was narrated near the end of the movie.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    Here is one...lets see how you do, as I actually suck at these kinds of quizzes ;)

"Hell of way to end a partnership. Hell of a way to start my retirement."

Showed this film twice to two classes today. Quite a violent movie to show in class, but trust me it was all about the artisticness of the movie and its original manner it was filmed in. The kids got it...no worried parents phoning me. But than again, I am not living in the US ;);)
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
    g under p wrote:
    The enemy has only images and illusions behind which he hides his true motives. Destroy the image and you will break the enemy...

Ya'll won't get this one. It's from the 70's and cost $850,000 to make and made over $90,000,000 now see if you can get it. This was narrated near the end of the movie.

Peace

Ok, hmmm...is using Google considered fair play....:rolleyes:....?
    Ok, hmmm...is using Google considered fair play....:rolleyes:....?

Sorry this is my signiture on another site and one of my favorite movies. I just KNOW the facts to this classic movie. Now come again!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Here is one...lets see how you do, as I actually suck at these kinds of quizzes ;)

"Hell of way to end a partnership. Hell of a way to start my retirement."

Showed this film twice to two classes today. Quite a violent movie to show in class, but trust me it was all about the artisticness of the movie and its original manner it was filmed in. The kids got it...no worried parents phoning me. But than again, I am not living in the US ;);)

SIN CITY! :)
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Ooh I got one:

"Don't touch his dick!"
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • g under p wrote:

Peace

is it a bruce lee movie?
  • hey, handsome! how've you been? i've been thinking of you alot lately- you must be psychic. :)

but, sorry, NO, you are wrong, my dear. neither of those guesses is correct. :p did you ever watch kitchen stories, btw? and did you love it as much as i did? what a weird, wonderful little film!

handsome, eh? ;):D doing well, sweetpotato. took a cool trip to montreal with a couple of fellow pit members recently. i'll catch you up in an email...still no kitchen stories! i found it on a torrent site one day, but no one was seeding....damn! :mad:

i will find it!
    is it a bruce lee movie?

BINGO! Which one?

Peace

• g under p wrote:
    BINGO! Which one?

Peace

was it enter the dragon that had the scene with the mirrors at the end?...that's what clued me in to your quote...the image and what not...i'm thinking enter the dragon, but i might have it confused with another...hmmm...

i'm going with enter the dragon.
    was it enter the dragon that had the scene with the mirrors at the end?...that's what clued me in to your quote...the image and what not...i'm thinking enter the dragon, but i might have it confused with another...hmmm...

i'm going with enter the dragon.

The nail has been hit on the head. Good one. :) Hard to believe that movie made that much money.

Peace

• g under p wrote:
    The nail has been hit on the head. Good one. :) Hard to believe that movie made that much money.

Peace

sweet! i'd say...you threw me off a bit with the 90 million in revenue...but i kept thinking about the scene with the mirrors.

good quote! :)
    sweet! i'd say...you threw me off a bit with the 90 million in revenue...but i kept thinking about the scene with the mirrors.

good quote! :)

That was indeed the main clue.

Peace

• gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Not necessarily obscure but fucking great.

"That watch costs more than your car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here - close! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don't like it, leave."
  • boiler room? good movie
  • nippleholicnippleholic Posts: 1,084
    "You're gonna make me come, or I'm gonna kick your butt!"
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)
    2024: Vancouver (x2), Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin (x2), Barcelona (x2)

• sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
    gabers wrote:
    Not necessarily obscure but fucking great.

"That watch costs more than your car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here - close! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don't like it, leave."

i was gonna guess Glengarry Glen Ross? also a great film.
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7
    SIN CITY! :)

Yep!! All good!!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Be cool honey bunny
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    81 wrote:
    Be cool honey bunny

Pulp Fiction
    I lost a bet...
    If I could only have one food for the rest of my life? That's easy-Pez. Cherry-flavored Pez. No question about it.
    I lost a bet...
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    If I could only have one food for the rest of my life? That's easy-Pez. Cherry-flavored Pez. No question about it.

Stand By Me of course!! Best movie of all time!!!!!!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    This........is my boomstick!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Stand By Me of course!! Best movie of all time!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :thumbup:

Love, love, love that movie!
    I lost a bet...
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Army of Darkness
    :D
    I don't believe this! What are you going to do? Just quit? If we stop here then we are a bunch of fools! That's plain stupid! Quit before the fight even starts? Where's the glory in that? What we've done is incredible. I'll still do it even if it means I die in the process! Here's your chance to be in the history books instead of just reading them. There may never be another chance like this again. Anyone who isn't with me can leave. I will do this! I am goddamn ready do do this! All sections talk to me

No one will get this!
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Army of Darkness

:thumbup:

Great I throw an easy one out there and you want to stump everyone. Real nice!!! :lol:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Army of Darkness

:thumbup:

Great I throw an easy one out there and you want to stump everyone. Real nice!!! :lol:

That my dear i what i do! it's from an anime movie 1987

That my dear i what i do! it's from an anime movie 1987

:fp:
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    "It TWIRLED up!"