Obscure Movie Quotes- can you name the film??

sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
edited November 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
"It must be nice to always believe you know better, to always think you're the smartest person in the room."

"No. It's awful."
"Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
~ed, 8/7
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,212
    "It must be nice to always believe you know better, to always think you're the smartest person in the room."

"No. It's awful."

no country for old men ,just taking a guess ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Broadcast News
  • sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
    no country for old men ,just taking a guess ..

nooooooo, much, much older than that. think sweaty anchors and big shoulder pads.

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

~ed, 8/7
    Broadcast News

yes! ding ding ding!

here's another:

"Tuesday night's Plastic Corosion Awareness Meeting was, I think, a big success, and I'd like to thank Mr. Spell for putting that on for us. Thank you, Mr. Spell!"

~ed, 8/7
  • toy story
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    yes! ding ding ding!

here's another:

"Tuesday night's Plastic Corosion Awareness Meeting was, I think, a big success, and I'd like to thank Mr. Spell for putting that on for us. Thank you, Mr. Spell!"
    lol, I need to watch that now :)
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448

One of the "Toy Story" movies.

1,000 cool points for anyone who gets this one:

"You people make my ass twitch."
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • French Kiss
  • drivingrl wrote:
    One of the "Toy Story" movies.

1,000 cool points for anyone who gets this one:

"You people make my ass twitch."
    french kiss, and im 15 :o:D
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    french kiss, and im 15 :o:D

Aw, yay! I'm not the only nerd! :)
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Didn't this thread happen like, just the other day? :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    nooooooo, much, much older than that. think sweaty anchors and big shoulder pads.

Popeye Does Dallas?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Didn't this thread happen like, just the other day? :)

did it? i haven't been here in a while. i've been busy taking abuse on the mt. :p

here's one, and i'll bet NO ONE gets it:

"Mister, you can come here and auction off our equipment. Tomorrow you can come out here and haul off all our stock. But when you come to pull us off this land, you better bring more than a piece of paper! 'Cause we're staying. We're staying right here!"

EVERY time i watch that scene, i tear up. :o

~ed, 8/7
  • did it? i haven't been here in a while. i've been busy taking abuse on the mt. :p

"Mister, you can come here and auction off our equipment. Tomorrow you can come out here and haul off all our stock. But when you come to pull us off this land, you better bring more than a piece of paper! 'Cause we're staying. We're staying right here!"

screw the train wreck! to hell with anyone giving you abuse!!! :mad:

field of dreams, or kitchen stories? ;)
  • not really obscure, probabaly quite easy in fact...still a favourite...

"I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend."
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    did it? i haven't been here in a while. i've been busy taking abuse on the mt. :p

Places in the Heart (?)
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    not really obscure, probabaly quite easy in fact...still a favourite...

"I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend."
    Shawshank redemption. quality film.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Shawshank redemption. quality film.

bing bong! :) one of my favourite parts of the narrative. quality film, agreed. :)
  • drtyfrnk29drtyfrnk29 Posts: 846
    "It's the drunk piano player. You're so drunk, you're probably seeing double."

"Well, I've got two guns. One for each of you."
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    "It's the drunk piano player. You're so drunk, you're probably seeing double."

"Well, I've got two guns. One for each of you."

tombstone?? I am probably wrong.

(Hi John!!)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Ok, this film shouldn't be that obscure but I doubt anyone will get it.

"That man is a head taller than me. That may soon change"
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • drtyfrnk29drtyfrnk29 Posts: 846
    Lizard wrote:
    tombstone?? I am probably wrong.

(Hi John!!)
    Correct.

(And hi back, Liz.)
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    not really obscure, probabaly quite easy in fact...still a favourite...

Ah... the Shank, I love that movie! And this is also one of my favourite parts.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    "Alright, alright, Mickey's a mouse, Donald's a duck, Pluto's a dog, what's Goofy? "
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388

The River starring Mel Gibson????
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    Lizard wrote:
    "Alright, alright, Mickey's a mouse, Donald's a duck, Pluto's a dog, what's Goofy? "

Stand by Me!! :)

Here's one:

And if you screw up just this much, you'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong!
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Stand by Me!! :)

Here's one:

And if you screw up just this much, you'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong!

Top Gun!

"Hollow? Hollow...Fuck it"
    screw the train wreck! to hell with anyone giving you abuse!!! :mad:

field of dreams, or kitchen stories? ;)

hey, handsome! how've you been? i've been thinking of you alot lately- you must be psychic. :)

but, sorry, NO, you are wrong, my dear. neither of those guesses is correct. :p did you ever watch kitchen stories, btw? and did you love it as much as i did? what a weird, wonderful little film!

~ed, 8/7
  • sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
    "ooh yes, baby, baby, harder, harder!"
    Country, starring and produced by Jessica Lange and Sam Shepherd, about a family trying to survive the 80's farm forecloseure crisis. One of my favorite movies of all time, and very difficult to find for rent or to own, tho I do own a copy myself. :)

~ed, 8/7