Marmite - Love It Or Hate It?

Comments

• Options
    it puts a rose in every cheek...

yes, vegemite > the rest
    wah
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    ok peeps..... your opinions on the yeast extract preserve please....

Personally, I love it :D
    I looked at it on the shelf this weekend past and the mere sight of it made me cringe.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    I'll send some to you Chinobeoza. I'll put it on some toast and mail it for you. :)
    can you add some maltesers and curly wurly? :)
  • Options
    chinobaeza wrote:

I've not had a curly wurly in years.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    chinobaeza wrote:

Sure! In fact, forget the toast. I'll just put the marmite on the malteaser's and curly wurly's. (It'll save on packaging).
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    marmite is so evil that Hitler used to worship it... he had a little yeasty shrine that he would kneel before and sacrifice nuns in honour of it's evilness...

its potted thrush people.. its a jar of STD..

shopping list
    bag of herpes
    family pack of warts
    Big Jugs monthly
    marmite
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    Sure! In fact, forget the toast. I'll just put the marmite on the malteaser's and curly wurly's. (It'll save on packaging).
    mmmmm.......tasty....:)
  • Options
    Has anyone ever used Marmite in other ways?

I make porridge, don't sweeten it but add a spoonful of Marmite and stir.... stodgey yeasty goodness!!! Mmmmm.....

Also good in Spag Bol, Chilli... list is endless. Infact I have a Marmite cookbook if anyone's interested in some recipes?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    marmite is so evil that Hitler used to worship it... he had a little yeasty shrine that he would kneel before and sacrifice nuns in honour of it's evilness...

its potted thrush people.. its a jar of STD..

shopping list
    bag of herpes
    family pack of warts
    Big Jugs monthly
    marmite

Your hate for Marmite makes me laugh but also makes me sad Dunk....
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    Has anyone ever used Marmite in other ways?

I make porridge, don't sweeten it but add a spoonful of Marmite and stir.... stodgey yeasty goodness!!! Mmmmm.....

Also good in Spag Bol, Chilli... list is endless. Infact I have a Marmite cookbook if anyone's interested in some recipes?

Marmite recipes sound cool, throw some my way if you would :)
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Marmite rocks! I might go and make me some marmite on toast...

As for the marmite Vs vegemite thing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite

"The British version is a sticky, dark brown paste with a distinctive, powerful taste. Being both extremely salty and extremely umami, the taste of Marmite is comparable to soy sauce. This distinctive taste is reflected in the British company's marketing slogan: "Love it or hate it". It is similar to the Australian Vegemite, Swiss Cenovis. Bovril is a similar looking spread made from beef.

This distinctive product was originally British, but a version with a noticeably different taste has been manufactured in New Zealand since 1919, and this is the dominant version in New Zealand, Australia and the Pacific Islands."

So, the marmite we're talking about is essentially your vegemite. Wikipedia says it, therefore, it's true! :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    Marmite rocks! I might go and make me some marmite on toast...

As for the marmite Vs vegemite thing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite

"The British version is a sticky, dark brown paste with a distinctive, powerful taste. Being both extremely salty and extremely umami, the taste of Marmite is comparable to soy sauce. This distinctive taste is reflected in the British company's marketing slogan: "Love it or hate it". It is similar to the Australian Vegemite, Swiss Cenovis. Bovril is a similar looking spread made from beef.

This distinctive product was originally British, but a version with a noticeably different taste has been manufactured in New Zealand since 1919, and this is the dominant version in New Zealand, Australia and the Pacific Islands."

So, the marmite we're talking about is essentially your vegemite. Wikipedia says it, therefore, it's true! :D

Good call :D

• Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    Marmite = filth....

C'mon people...

Although...strangely though I hate the taste, I love the smell :confused:

BUT, give me peanut butter on toast every time :D
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    Marmite = filth....

C'mon people...

Although...strangely though I hate the taste, I love the smell :confused:

BUT, give me peanut butter on toast every time :D

Sarah you're a freak.

Marmite f**king rules!!! :D:D

• Options
    weirdly enough a man came up to me last night... he said to me:-

"if you dont eat this jar of marmite then i'm going to rip of all your face skin and then rub your face in a basin of salt and then i'll poke 2833 cocktail sticks into each eye and each cocktail stick will have been rolled in salty poo beforehand" ok my eyes hurt today and i look weatherbeaten... but it was the best choice on offer.

that is how disgusting this product is... my wife loves it as well :confused:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    weirdly enough a man came up to me last night... he said to me:-

"if you dont eat this jar of marmite then i'm going to rip of all your face skin and then rub your face in a basin of salt and then i'll poke 2833 cocktail sticks into each eye and each cocktail stick will have been rolled in salty poo beforehand" ok my eyes hurt today and i look weatherbeaten... but it was the best choice on offer.

that is how disgusting this product is... my wife loves it as well :confused:

Your extreme views on Marmite just keep entertaining me!!!

Weirdo. It's food of the gods. Your wife obvioulsy has taste :D

• Options
    Your wife obvioulsy has taste :D

of course she does... she's with me isn't she? ;):p
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    of course she does... she's with me isn't she? ;):p

*rolls eyes* yes of course Dunk darling.... cuz we couldn't see that one coming...

Does she ever use Marmite for cooking?

• Options
    *rolls eyes* yes of course Dunk darling.... cuz we couldn't see that one coming...

Does she ever use Marmite for cooking?

my sarcasm detector just blew up.

nah she has it on toast... she's not some kind of weird freak you know!!! cooking with marmite :D
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    my sarcasm detector just blew up.

nah she has it on toast... she's not some kind of weird freak you know!!! cooking with marmite :D

I bet she cooks with it all the time, puts it in your dinners and laughs heartedly when you eat the whole meal and lick the plate.... I would ;)

• Options
    I bet she cooks with it all the time, puts it in your dinners and laughs heartedly when you eat the whole meal and lick the plate.... I would ;)
    Yes, but not everyone is as twisted as you...
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

• Options
    audiodave wrote:
    Yes, but not everyone is as twisted as you...

No. I was just thinking I'd do the same thing.

It's like if you drop food on the floor. You just blow off the fluff and cat hair and serve it up. ;)
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    i love it :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    i love it :)

see!!! i told you only mental people like it!!! :D

is there a guy on here said they like it yet? its seems just ladies so far??
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I love it, and no-one likes boobies more than I do.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    see!!! i told you only mental people like it!!! :D

is there a guy on here said they like it yet? its seems just ladies so far??
    I love it. Though I don't know if I qualify as a "guy" to your criteria. :p
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Hinny wrote:
    Ugh. It's the same as Vegemite, right? I may be breaking 21 Australian laws by saying this, but that stuff tastes like shit.

Nope, not really the same thing, taste wise.
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    I love it. Though I don't know if I qualify as a "guy" to your criteria. :p

i stand corrected!! your almost a 'guy' ... in fact you're just one vowel different from 'guy' :p
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i stand corrected!! your almost a 'guy' ... in fact you're just one vowel different from 'guy' :p
    I'm a goy? What's that? :confused:
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options
    audiodave wrote:
    I'm a goy? What's that? :confused:

its the Hebrew word for 'nation' dummy :rolleyes: