Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    New Glarus - Spotted Cow

I believe this was rated the best american beer
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i would love to try Samuel Adams Utopias...

not sure if they released any this year but i'll be looking out for it.

27% ABV...

yea, that's right.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • sennin wrote:
    Nice!

My girlfriend (Jamainiac here on the board) has Celiac. We've enjoyed many Redbridges. The best Gluten Free beer I've had!

I've tried Bard's Tale, New Grist, and a Honey Passover beer whose name escapes me....All are gluten free. Bard's Tale was okay. New Grist was a little too much like cold carbonated Sake, and the Honey Passover was a bit sweet. Redbridge has become my beer of choice. Gluten free beers can be hard to come by.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    red stripe...jamaican lager.....smoooth

beer me.
  • pjwhipjwhi Posts: 31
    Surprised that nobody mentioned Magic Hat....Thier #9 ale is grrreat!!

Also another favorite in the summertime is Blackberry Wheat, which is made by Long Trail....

Both companies are located in Vermont....but you can get them in surrounding states.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    silent t wrote:
    I've tried Bard's Tale, New Grist, and a Honey Passover beer whose name escapes me....All are gluten free. Bard's Tale was okay. New Grist was a little too much like cold carbonated Sake, and the Honey Passover was a bit sweet. Redbridge has become my beer of choice. Gluten free beers can be hard to come by.

New Grist is made near me, the same company also makes a really good beer called Riverwest http://beeradvocate.com/articles/707
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    sennin wrote:
    Pyramid Snow Cap Ale. Strong seasonal ale....high alcohol content (7%+).

Pyramid Thunderhead IPA. If you want something BOLD, huge and hoppy...about 7%abv.

Pike Brewery Naughty Nellie's Ale. Love this one!
    And right off the bat, you broke the rules! :p

However, I am in the same boat. I mostly only drink locally brewed NW beers.

I'll second the Pyramid Snow Cap.
    I'll add Deschutes Brewery's Jubelale, Alaskan Amber, Pike Brewing Co.'s Kilt Lifter, and Widmer's Hefeweizen.
  • kc_pjkc_pj Posts: 284
    Boulevard Pale Ale, hands down my favorite beer. Brewed in KC, available I think just in the Midwest. They have several other beers- Wheat, Bully Porter, Bob's 47, Irish Ale, Nutcracker, few others- that are great (some are seasonal, well worth stocking up on!).
    "Seek my part, devote myself.
    My small self. Like a book amongst the many on a shelf."

"I'm already 30% more unpredictable."
    -Pam Beesly
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    I know Red Stripe has been suggested, weel other favorite is Dos Equis in the green bottle. Best out there with a smooth taste.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• blue moon is made by coors.

Good, that means it will be restocked tomorrow. My town just went "wet" and the grocery stores haven't got their imports yet (waiting for NEW CASTLE!). I've been able to get this at the conv. store near by.

I really love trying different beers. Every beer is quite different. Not like wine where pretty much every cabernet tastes the same, IMO. Alot of people here are in better locations as I haven't heard of most of the beers listed here. I wish I could try more, but I know I'll be limited to a few here in hicktown.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    intodeep wrote:
    Battlefield Black
    Made by Redoak Brew Pub Greensboro NC
    It has been years since i was able to get my hands around a pint of this beer but i remember loving it. A nice stout that is not as thick as guiness making it easier to enjoy more of them and lots of good flavors. Sadly not distributed widely.

Red Oak makes some damn fine beer. I prefer the Red Oak Lager myself but the Battlefield Black is good indeed. It's only distributed locally here in NC. It's available in almost every bar in this area and the best selling draft beer at most local bars (which is impressive that it beats Bud/Miller). Great choice if you're ever in the Greensboro area. Plus, there are no additives or preservatives in their beer (sadly they cannot bottle it because of this reason). Only 120 calories too!

http://www.redoakbrewery.com/brewery/
    http://www.redoakbrewery.com/brewery/faq/
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    i would love to try Samuel Adams Utopias...

not sure if they released any this year but i'll be looking out for it.

27% ABV...

yea, that's right.

In the late 90's I tried Sam Adams Triple Bock. It was 9 ounces, and came in a stylish bottle. It was pretty much undrinkable. And I'm a huge Sam Adams fan. I think I've tried every variety, even a bunch that they don't make anymore. The only ones I don't like are the Cranberry lambic and the Cream Stout. Maybe it's an acquired taste.
  • brooklyn lager is really good. that's pretty much the only beer i drink now on the rare instances i have one.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,015
    the sam adams power hops one that's like 2.50 a bottle in the store's is pretty nice.

if you are from the northeast http://www.ithacabeer.com is a Central NY microbrewery that has a nice variety of tasty beverages.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    kc_pj wrote:
    Boulevard Pale Ale, hands down my favorite beer. Brewed in KC, available I think just in the Midwest. They have several other beers- Wheat, Bully Porter, Bob's 47, Irish Ale, Nutcracker, few others- that are great (some are seasonal, well worth stocking up on!).

I love their Bully Porter and Irish Red. Haven't tried the Pale Ale yet. Nutcracker is good too.
  • ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    A beer called Nøgne Ø. Said to be one of the best in the world. They also make the strongest beer.

Best claims to be the largest beer competition in the world -- over 1.4 million reviews of 76,000 beers from over 8000 brewers worldwide were accounted for this year.

Nøgne Ø was placed 23rd best brewery in the world - and number seven in Europe. Dark Horizon 1st Edition was placed 21st and Imperial Stout 83rd among the 100 best beers overall.

http://www.ratebeer.com/RateBeerBest/
    It's okay, It's okay
    You don't have to run and hide away
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
    2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
    2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
    2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    michelob-ultra-beer-superior-13776.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,843
    DS1119 wrote:
    cmon now, wheres the paper bag folded down at the top?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    One you can find almost everywhere-
    Sierra Nevada's Torpedo IPA
    A very well balanced IPA that is affordable. It is my go to ipa if i'm trying to drink on the relative cheap

Harder to find
    Terrapin Wake n Bake Coffee Stout
    Oh sweet baby jesus this is good

Westbrook IPA
    From Charleston a newer brewery only open 2 years. I'm not a big fan of all their beers but their ipa is one of the best on the east coast imho. They are starting to distribute in Georgia this month :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    narragansett-beer-slogan.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    cmon now, wheres the paper bag folded down at the top?

Such hate.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,836
    Anderson Valley Poleeko Gold Pale Ale.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Posts: 4,809
    It's from Phillips Brewery in Victoria B.C.

It's called "Blue Buck" and it's Fantastic! ;)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Lindemann's Kriek. Belgian cherry beer. Very refreshing with a fruity taste and not so sweet. It's delicious
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • DS1119 wrote:

One of the first beers that I liked...when it was bottled.

Long time canned beer snob, but now microbrews are canned.

I don't know the level of availability, but lately I've been into Organic Hopworks IPA. Strong, but not too strong. Canned, but doesn't taste canned.
    I carried a watermelon