Options

Oh bye the way

woundedorganwoundedorgan Posts: 607
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I just listened to my Camden 1 digital boot and this may piss off some people off but the Black version is the best ever heard.....The last 2+ minutes will be remembered forever as one of the most beautiful concert experiences ever for my girl and I....so thanks to the band and the rest of the Camden crowd..peace
God Loves Pearl Jam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dervish7dervish7 Posts: 218
    I just listened to my Camden 1 digital boot and this may piss off some people off but the Black version is the best ever heard.....The last 2+ minutes will be remembered forever as one of the most beautiful concert experiences ever for my girl and I....so thanks to the band and the rest of the Camden crowd..peace

Just listened to my copy of the show, too. It truly was one for the books.
    First of all: I am tired. I am true of heart!
    And also: You are tired. You are true of heart!

-Dave Eggers
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051
    it was definitely a version i will never forgot...

do me a solid? tell me what ed says, if he says anything right before going into Leash?
    thanx
  • Options
    shar228shar228 Posts: 5
    I was there -- it was truly awesome. Can't wait to hear the boot
  • Options

I haven't received my boot yet, but I couldn't agree more about the performance of 'Black' that night. Without a doubt the most moving version my girl and I have ever heard. We were almost in tears. The way it seemed the crowd could have just picked Ed up and carried him off with their voices and their energy was nothing sort of amazing. One of my favorite PJ concert experiences EVER
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    I've been to about 30 Pearl Jam shows and Camden 1 rates up there with the best ever.

by the way, do you really live in Antartica? If so, that is so fuckng cool :D
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    dervish7 wrote:
    Just listened to my copy of the show, too. It truly was one for the books.
    I must agree with tears in my eyes.... during the song I thought..."this BLACK is going to be remembered".....can't wait to download the show!!
    Thanks for the thread!
    xoxoxoxo
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813

you and your girlfriend do realize, as melodic and beautiful as the sound may be, that this is a break-up song, right ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    TooMuchBloodTooMuchBlood Posts: 312
    Wow! I can't believe the response this version is getting. I thought it was weak compared with Camden II 2006. Now that version is among the best I've heard. This year, the crowd's "doh-doh-dohs" were much more silent, at least from my seats, Mike's side 30 to 35 rows back.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    break out your Camden night one 2003 boot if ya got it. great performance of Black.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    I think we had a great Black session in Mansfield 1 too :D because I was there... I loved the ending... We belong together!! together! together!.. :)

Black is so sad.. yet so beautiful.
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    dervish7dervish7 Posts: 218
    I thought the whole show was pretty incredible, really. Black was great, but there were so many highlights in addition to that. I'm glad I get to hear them again now, on the bootleg.
    First of all: I am tired. I am true of heart!
    And also: You are tired. You are true of heart!

-Dave Eggers
  • Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    I actually have a video of the last like 1:30 of Black, its the "do-do-do-do do,do,do", pretty sweet, I have to find & upload that biyutch...sorry about the multiple 'do-do' confusion, I was singing it in my head...
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options
    woundedorganwoundedorgan Posts: 607
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    you and your girlfriend do realize, as melodic and beautiful as the sound may be, that this is a break-up song, right ?

Not the song itself..the experience of the crowd basically being part of the band and altering the length of the song....not the words to it...I think I am aware of song's meaning....
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    finnannie wrote:
    I think we had a great Black session in Mansfield 1 too :D because I was there... I loved the ending... We belong together!! together! together!.. :)

Black is so sad.. yet so beautiful.

I'd be the first one to plug a Boston show version, but Mansfield I's Black was ruined by Ed's temper tantrum with his fan/ air condtioner.. he even stopped signing at one point..

can't wait to check out the Camden version..

How is the sound quality on that boot?
    I heard the first two boots had problems.
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Reddev10Reddev10 Posts: 63
    I got chills listening to Black from Camdem 1.
    Terry
    www.myspace.com/terryphilly