Which NFL team should go to L.A.?

2»

Comments

• culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    personally i think oakland or baltimore.

thoughts?

Thoughts? Yes, you're a moron. Baltimore is one of the strongest franchises in the league.

How about Jacksonville. 12 win team that can't sell out a game. Or Buffalo.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    Jacksonville is the most likely candidate. There is a good chance the Bills will be in Canada too.

Also I guess there were rumors of the colts moving, but that was obviously before their new stadium and super bowl win.

I wouldn't mind seeing Baltimore lose a team :p
    Happiness is only real when shared
    gobrowns19 wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing Baltimore lose a team :p

But then where would Cleveland get its players from?
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
    culot4 wrote:
    But then where would Cleveland get its players from?

From the city that took the entire team

Hah, how's your quarterback situation by the way? :D
    gobrowns19 wrote:

Hah, how's your quarterback situation by the way? :D

Same as always....lousy
    culot4 wrote:
    Same as always....lousy

Haha, we'll see how Anderson turns out. The last Cleveland-Baltimore game was one of my favorite Browns games.
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    Haha, we'll see how Anderson turns out. The last Cleveland-Baltimore game was one of my favorite Browns games.

Yeah I bet that Dawson kick was a fun moment for you guys. For us, not so much.

Most of us would rather see Smith instead of Boller. I just pray Matt Ryan falls to someone else. Flacco is the guy I want.

Saw your schedule...pretty brutal.
    culot4 wrote:
    Yeah I bet that Dawson kick was a fun moment for you guys. For us, not so much.

Most of us would rather see Smith instead of Boller. I just pray Matt Ryan falls to someone else. Flacco is the guy I want.

Saw your schedule...pretty brutal.

Yeah, it should be fun though. Most are predicting Cleveland to top the North, but it doesn't matter how any team in that North is doing, they always play each other well.
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    If Jacksonville went, I'd be so happy. I hate that franchise. In the big picture, I don't think the city would miss them all that much. College sports in north Florida are every bit as big as the NFL.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if a team used L.A. as leverage to get a new stadium in their current market. San Diego, New Orleans, and Minnesota all come to mind.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

thoughts?
    None, they had 2 already.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    The fish
  • DS1119 wrote:
    The fish

Dude, you gotta get a life and stop rummaging through message board threads from 2008. It's sad.

As for the Fish, they're not going anywhere....except when they go on long road trips to play the Toronto Bills a few years from now.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    DS1119 wrote:
    The fish

Dude, you gotta get a life and stop rummaging through message board threads from 2008. It's sad.

As for the Fish, they're not going anywhere....except when they go on long road trips to play the Toronto Bills a few years from now.

Nothing funnier actually then people who come to a message board to bash the people on the message boards. :lol::lol::lol: And I do have a life, don't hate me because I can spend the majority of my day dicking around on the Internet while at work.

You're the same guy that hassles 81 to right? You must be some sort of cop or something I guess.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    If they didn't want old threads popping up they wouldn't have a search and advanced search function
  • DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    The fish

Nothing funnier actually then people who come to a message board to bash the people on the message boards. :lol::lol::lol: And I do have a life, don't hate me because I can spend the majority of my day dicking around on the Internet while at work.

You're the same guy that hassles 81 to right? You must be some sort of cop or something I guess.

No I think I had a minor spat with 81 once but I don't really recall what it was about. And I certainly don't "hate" you for dicking around on the internet or trolling the Dolphins or anything else ya do. I'm just saying that I've never seen someone as obsessed with an internet message board as you are. It's as interesting as it is strange. :D:);) :( :o :shock: :? 8-):lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll:

But one thing I'll say, that must be a heck of an awesome job you have if you can just play on the internet all day and get paid for it. Pretty sweet gig.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    lukin2006 wrote:

thoughts?
    None, they had 2 already.

Technically 3, the Chargers started out in L.A. for one season before moving to San Diego. They played at The Coliseum in 1960.

I don't think they need to send any team to L.A. It seems like a good idea on paper, being such a large market, but they always have attendance issues. There's already 3 teams in the state, no need for a 4th. But if I were to have to pick, I'd say one of the Florida teams. Florida doesn't need 3 NFL teams, especially when all 3 of them are in the bottom 10 of the league for attendance. I'd say send Jacksonville, as the latest entry they would probably be missed the least, and they don't have any franchise history to speak of. Miami and Tampa Bay have Super Bowl Championships at least. All Jacksonville can brag about is a couple of Division titles from 15 years ago.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    No I think I had a minor spat with 81 once but I don't really recall what it was about. And I certainly don't "hate" you for dicking around on the internet or trolling the Dolphins or anything else ya do. I'm just saying that I've never seen someone as obsessed with an internet message board as you are. It's as interesting as it is strange. :D:);) :( :o :shock: :? 8-):lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll:

But one thing I'll say, that must be a heck of an awesome job you have if you can just play on the internet all day and get paid for it. Pretty sweet gig.

Yeah it a pretty sweet gig actually, except for the hours. I find it strange you are obsessed with what other people's interests are actually. About the little spat with 81 you forgot, I remember. You were hassling him for the same thing and in the same way. Again, I think it's odd you come to a message board and try to put people down on the same message board. Does it make you feel better? Are you compensating for some shortcomings in your own life by telling others over the Internet that they need to get a life? Interesting to me. And as always...fuck the fish.
  • DS1119 wrote:

Yeah it a pretty sweet gig actually, except for the hours. I find it strange you are obsessed with what other people's interests are actually. About the little spat with 81 you forgot, I remember. You were hassling him for the same thing and in the same way. Again, I think it's odd you come to a message board and try to put people down on the same message board. Does it make you feel better? Are you compensating for some shortcomings in your own life by telling others over the Internet that they need to get a life? Interesting to me. And as always...fuck the fish.

Oh god...look, I shouldn't have bothered. I've had the flu for four days and I'm dying here and I guess I'm kinda trolling you for no reason. I do think you (and 81 to a lesser extent) have kinda been trolls in the Dolphins thread, but that's still no reason for me to hate on anybody else's post frequency, or uses of smiley faces, or what threads they bump, or whatever. I certainly don't "come to a message board and try to put people down on the same message board" because that's not what I'm about. And I'm definitely not "compensating for some shortcomings in your own life by telling others over the Internet that they need to get a life." Other than you, this "spat" with 81, and a user that was called "Tokyo Drift" that I always hated on (but he deserved it), I've never had meaningless arguments or made unwarranted put-downs to anyone and so I don't know what my problem is here. I'll leave ya alone. And as always, the Bills are irrelevant so no use saying "fuck them."

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    I still say move the fish and get them a new name. Rid the league of that trash.
  • DS1119 wrote:
    I still say move the fish and get them a new name. Rid the league of that trash.

I see what you're trying to do here but I'm not biting. I'm done.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    DS1119 wrote:

I see what you're trying to do here but I'm not biting. I'm done.

Not trying to do anything. The fish ranked 29th out of 32 teams in average attendance and the worst in percentage of capacity sold. Been that way for a good while too.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    a bills fan and a dolphins fan going back and forth. that is funny. talk about 2 awful franchises. but they are both flagships. neither should move.

it's the jaguars who should be moving. that city has never supported them enough (though attendance was up a little this year). i sincerely doubt those numbers on espn. 64,000 people are going to jags games? they have tarps covering a lot of the upper bowl like baseball teams used to do when they played in football stadiums.

the jags also don't have much history to speak of. their fans can go back to just cheering for college teams or latch onto the bucs or dophins.
    www.myspace.com