Which NFL team should go to L.A.?

Drop The Leash 10Drop The Leash 10 Posts: 7,011
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
personally i think oakland or baltimore.

thoughts?
I will be what i could be
Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    The Patriots.
  • Panthers or the Washingston Racists.
    NERDS!
  • san diego
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Shittsburgh Stealers
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    Shittsburgh Stealers

:mad:
    NERDS!
  • deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    detroit
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • Well im not sure about L.A but the Buffalo Bills when Ralph Wilson kicks the bucket the Bills might move to Toronto, heck they have games there this year in the regular season and in pre season,......but i heard rumors that Jim Kelly has a group of people that might buy the team IE let there be a majority owner @ 51% and the other % going to anyone who wants to buy a share kinda like the packers.
    I'll be in the neighborhood later on, and I was wondering if maybe you wanted to get some frozen yogurt, or perhaps a whole meal of food, if that would be agreeable. Damnit.

Frank the tank
  • PJ_SalukiPJ_Saluki Posts: 1,006
    No current NFL team is going to LA. Nearly all of them have new stadiums. SD might make the most sense just b/c of stadium issues. Oakland might but I can't imagine the city would want to deal with Al's horseshit again. The crappy Ravens have a newer place. As for the Steelers, tybird is obviously a bitter and jealous goof. ;)
    "Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool." -- Charles Barkley
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    In my opinion and I'll sound like a jerk but no NFL team in L.A.

I don't think California deserves a football nor a baseball because these two sports require a lot of "team work" to be success. California sports fans are into individual sports like Mix Martial Arts, surfing, skating, golfing.

They love the Lakers and basketball but we all know basketball isn't really a team sport, it's more individual superstars and when there's a REAL team, most fans find it boring.

[size=-5]sorry for my rant against Cali sports teams again for the thousandth time[/size]
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    for gods sake NONE!!!!

we don't need boring nfl
  • obviously the Rams
    the Minions
  • dg1979usdg1979us Posts: 568
    IF any current team moves to LA it will be Jacksonville, SD, or New Orleans. But I dont see it happening any time soon.
  • EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    LongRd. wrote:
    In my opinion and I'll sound like a jerk but no NFL team in L.A.

I don't think California deserves a football nor a baseball because these two sports require a lot of "team work" to be success. California sports fans are into individual sports like Mix Martial Arts, surfing, skating, golfing.

They love the Lakers and basketball but we all know basketball isn't really a team sport, it's more individual superstars and when there's a REAL team, most fans find it boring.

[size=-5]sorry for my rant against Cali sports teams again for the thousandth time[/size]

Wow, you're so far off it's not even funny...you do realize that CA is the best baseball state out there. And as far as LA goes, The Dodgers and Angels both pull in more than 3 million fans per years consistantly for the last 5 years and both are in the top 5 in home attendance. If the Angels didn't pull out a big chunk of seats when they remodeled, they'd have even more, and surpass the Dodgers easily.

However without getting too deep into that, I'd be the first to say that nobody(in general) in LA wants an NFL team. We have USC, and UCLA games to go to on Saturday's, and then on Sunday's we're not subject to any blackout games and usually get badass national matchups. We definitely don't want anybody elses trashed franchise to move here, and there's no reason for the NFL to expand, so there's no need for a team in LA. LA, Carson, and Anaheim continue to put bids in, but when it comes down to it, there's no reason for it. If I want to go to a game live, I just go to San Diego, up north, or Phoenix. The only people that want a team out here are casual fans with money that think it'd be another scene to be at. But it's turned out to be a cool NFL melted pot out here. Everyone has their favorite teams that they follow and there's a ton of NFL themed bars for those teams.

Plus I'm still not over the Rams leaving me when I was a kid. :(
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    None, bring the Bills to Toronto to stay
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • i hate to say it but it will probably end up being the saints
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    kenshunt wrote:
    None, bring the Bills to Toronto to stay

it'll be sweet to have our own team to cheer for soon
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • drtyfrnk29drtyfrnk29 Posts: 846
    EvilMerlin wrote:
    Wow, you're so far off it's not even funny...you do realize that CA is the best baseball state out there. And as far as LA goes, The Dodgers and Angels both pull in more than 3 million fans per years consistantly for the last 5 years and both are in the top 5 in home attendance. If the Angels didn't pull out a big chunk of seats when they remodeled, they'd have even more, and surpass the Dodgers easily.

However without getting too deep into that, I'd be the first to say that nobody(in general) in LA wants an NFL team. We have USC, and UCLA games to go to on Saturday's, and then on Sunday's we're not subject to any blackout games and usually get badass national matchups. We definitely don't want anybody elses trashed franchise to move here, and there's no reason for the NFL to expand, so there's no need for a team in LA. LA, Carson, and Anaheim continue to put bids in, but when it comes down to it, there's no reason for it. If I want to go to a game live, I just go to San Diego, up north, or Phoenix. The only people that want a team out here are casual fans with money that think it'd be another scene to be at. But it's turned out to be a cool NFL melted pot out here. Everyone has their favorite teams that they follow and there's a ton of NFL themed bars for those teams.

Plus I'm still not over the Rams leaving me when I was a kid. :(
    Well put. I don't want some franchise that's in shambles trying to find a market out here. And a start up franchise wouldn't find a following like they found in Houston or Jacksonville. Most NFL fans in Los Angeles have a team that they follow closely anyway. I have the Bears, my brother is a Cowboy fan and my father in law is a Browns fan. Bringing a team like the Cardinals in would be a disaster.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• i think it should be a law punishable by death that you must rename your team when you move to a new city. I want the New Orleans Jazz back, not the CHarlotte Hornets playing their home games in N.O.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i think la should be the permanent home of the super bowl.....:)
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    MrSmith wrote:
    i think it should be a law punishable by death that you must rename your team when you move to a new city. I want the New Orleans Jazz back, not the CHarlotte Hornets playing their home games in N.O.

Dude, NO loves the Hornets now. I went to a shitload of games this season.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I would not be shocked if the Rams were back in LA in the next ten years.
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    Oakland should go back once Al dies
  • Well im not sure about L.A but the Buffalo Bills when Ralph Wilson kicks the bucket the Bills might move to Toronto, heck they have games there this year in the regular season and in pre season,......but i heard rumors that Jim Kelly has a group of people that might buy the team IE let there be a majority owner @ 51% and the other % going to anyone who wants to buy a share kinda like the packers.

As long as Buffalo changes those ugly ass uniform they can move or stay. I don't really pay much attention to the uniforms, my team's aren't too great (Cowboys), but the Bills's uni just plain sucks. They should go back to any of those they did in the past.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • rockfordrockford Posts: 151
    I read a good conspiracy theory once on why the NFL doesn't want a team in LA... How can the little teams negotiate for expensive stadiums in places like Jacksonville if they can't threaten to pack up their bags and go to the huge market in LA?
    rock musik rockar röv.
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    Trojans
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    personally i think oakland or baltimore.

thoughts?

they can have oakland, the bay area doesn't want them...ok, not completely true, I don't want them, and I live in the bay area
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • personally i think oakland or baltimore.

thoughts?

The giants, get them out on my state.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • cutback wrote:
    we don't need boring nfl

Bite your tongue!
    "Don't come closer or I'll have to go
    Holding me like gravity are places that pull
    If ever there was someone to keep me at home
    It would be you..."
  • oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    deleted for double post
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    they can have the Chiefs (or, the Griefs as I like to say..)

however, unfortunately, KC voted to renovate Arrowhead, keeping them here for another 20 years or so. ugh
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green