Options

Going to feed the homeless in Boston.

Drop The Leash 10Drop The Leash 10 Posts: 7,011
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
me and a couple buddies volunteered to go down and feed the homeless in half hour

this should be an interesting and (hopefully) rewarding expirence.
I will be what i could be
Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Sweet. I love working with homeless people. :)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    What a very worthwhile cause. Let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Community Service for streaking again? ;) Very cool of you. Let us know how it goes!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    That's great, man!
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Youll have a great time I used to do soup kitchens.Met lots of really interesting people.Well done you.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Seriously....give them the respect and courtesy that you yourself expect - sir, ma'am, please thank you. My old company volunteers at a shelter in Salem 18 Mondays per year (plus other food drives to benefit the organization) and it was always a rewarding experience. Yup, sure...there were some derelicks and drug addicts but just lots of people who just wanted a good meal.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    me and a couple buddies volunteered to go down and feed the homeless in half hour

There can't be too many 15 year olds interested in doing stuff like that. good on you :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    You know, I kid around with you, and poke fun and sh*t.. but I just want to say that what you are doing is EXTREMELY kind, selfless.

I have a 16 year old brother, and he would never do this sort of thing. Its awesome that you would spend your saturday doing that.

Karma hopefully will come around to you, my friend :)
  • Options
    it was a great expirence. the amount of people that are homeless is unbelieveable. we went and set-up shop in the common. we ran out of food in 20 minutes so then we went and bought a ton crap at McDonalds and handed that out. i met 'Pistol Pete', he was cool. all in all it felt good, doing that. :) and i'm definetly doing it again.

• Options
    it was a great expirence. the amount of people that are homeless is unbelieveable. we went and set-up shop in the common. we ran out of food in 20 minutes so then we went and bought a ton crap at McDonalds and handed that out. i met 'Pistol Pete', he was cool. all in all it felt good, doing that. :) and i'm definetly doing it again.

Who was Pistol Pete?

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Surprisingly, sometimes doing these sorts of things are fun! Well done. :)
  • Options
    homeless guy. war vet.

• Options
    Who was Pistol Pete?

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Surprisingly, sometimes doing these sorts of things are fun! Well done. :)

If he's anything like Revolver Randy from my hometown I do NOT want to know about him!!! ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    homeless guy. war vet.

Just so you know some good karma is coming your way. I finally got off my lazy ass and sent your Camden show out today. Enjoy!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Just so you know some good karma is coming your way. I finally got off my lazy ass and sent your Camden show out today. Enjoy!
    thanks! i'm friggen stoked for that. D is sending me the other one.

• Options
    homeless guy. war vet.

Well, obviously he's homeless! Duh! ;)
  • Options
    Every time I read this thread title I think of Trafalgar Square and a sign saying 'Do Not Feed the Homeless.'
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Well, obviously he's homeless! Duh! ;)
    you know, i did a good thing today! i don't need your British sacarasm :D

• Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Glad you had a fantastic day.All everybody wants is to be treated well and feel part of the world.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

dude. that is VERY chill of you and your frenz. its always a good time helping out the less fortunate. :)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    dude. that is VERY chill of you and your frenz. its always a good time helping out the less fortunate. :)
    it really is. i met a homeless guy named Ben. and Even Flow was going through my head when i met him and gave him a sandwich. thought that was wierd.

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    can't they feed themselves? the lazy fuckers ;)

i once offered a homeless guy my fries from a fats-food place after a night out.. and he turned them down cos the fries were too cold AND too broken.. i mean... are you starving or not?!??!?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    can't they feed themselves? the lazy fuckers ;)

i once offered a homeless guy my fries from a fats-food place after a night out.. and he turned them down cos the fries were too cold AND too broken.. i mean... are you starving or not?!??!?
    i know what you mean. before the 5/24 show last year my dad and his friend were walkin past a Subway(the food place) and saw a homeless guy sitting outside there and my dad being a good man, walks into the Subway and buys a small sub for the fucker and he turns it down. please note: he was holding a cup that said 'ineed money for food'. food my ass he wanted drugs/alcohol.

• Options
    it really is. i met a homeless guy named Ben. and Even Flow was going through my head when i met him and gave him a sandwich. thought that was wierd.

i dont believe u about EVENFLOW. but at FIRST i was gonna mention that in my original post. :) and i used to have this friend named Mr. Lee. He was homeless and i met him outside of our church one day. I was teaching sunday school and we hadd a party (cuz MY class ALWAYS did) and so i fixxxed him a plate of food. After a while alot of people got to know him. Turns out he hadd sacrificed everything he hadd for his family and they left him with nothing and moved away. :( he was trying to get a job but was too old so nobody hired him. no family OR frenz. He was a really really nice man. My dadd would let him do work around the church and give him some cash to eat and stuff. We found him a home and got him some clothes and he turned out ok. Then he died a few years ago from a heart attack. :( Mr. Lee. Lovely man from ohio.

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    i dont believe u about EVENFLOW. but at FIRST i was gonna mention that in my original post. :) and i used to have this friend named Mr. Lee. He was homeless and i met him outside of our church one day. I was teaching sunday school and we hadd a party (cuz MY class ALWAYS did) and so i fixxxed him a plate of food. After a while alot of people got to know him. Turns out he hadd sacrificed everything he hadd for his family and they left him with nothing and moved away. :( he was trying to get a job but was too old so nobody hired him. no family OR frenz. He was a really really nice man. My dadd would let him do work around the church and give him some cash to eat and stuff. We found him a home and got him some clothes and he turned out ok. Then he died a few years ago from a heart attack. :( Mr. Lee. Lovely man from ohio.
    ok that even flow wasnt true :p its truly sad the amount of homeless people in this country alone. its gonna be about 9 degrees tomorrow and you just have too wonder how they make it. my dad is a Paramedic in Wakefield/Melrose and does at least 5 homeless fartalities a week.

totally going off subject here, but i thought you find it cool tht my boat is named Even Flow. that is not a lie.

• Options
    ok that even flow wasnt true :p its truly sad the amount of homeless people in this country alone. its gonna be about 9 degrees tomorrow and you just have too wonder how they make it. my dad is a Paramedic in Wakefield/Melrose and does at least 5 homeless fartalities a week.

totally going off subject here, but i thought you find it cool tht my boat is named Even Flow. that is not a lie.

ya know Drop.....i would find it VERY cool IF you were serious about that boat! as my pal NYPJ says...this thread (or story) is useless without pics!!!! :D

and as for the homeless deaths.......my friend 'Death' is a transporter and he tells me DAILY of the homeless people he picks up that have died from either the heat or starvation or somn like that. its CRAZINESS.

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    ya know Drop.....i would find it VERY cool IF you were serious about that boat! as my pal NYPJ says...this thread (or story) is useless without pics!!!! :D

and as for the homeless deaths.......my friend 'Death' is a transporter and he tells me DAILY of the homeless people he picks up that have died from either the heat or starvation or somn like that. its CRAZINESS.
    i swear to fuckin god! its called Even Flow. i'll have a pic tomorrow!

• Options
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,159
  • Options

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    k theres the boat but........WHERES THE NAME yo!!!!!! :eek:
    we dont have a nmae on it yet but its registered as Even Flow